New GRAW MOD

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be making all new sounds as well?

you can bet your viking hat we will :rofl:

I think we need a few custom sounds for the river (a few variations along its course) and a few for generics (clean sounds with just wind coz it's a quite isolated place) and occasionals (maybe some dsert bird or animal, havent' studied the local fauna yet :P )

oh and some custom sounds for doors and windows and all the other animated prop... I guess we will need your help when it's time to bank them together :)

Great work 'TC' always one step ahead......

if your doing all the renders too, you need a full time job at this..

I wonder if Dez's fun pack v1.0 will have any new toys ?

wow cool :grin1:

now we have a complete sound profiles spectrum :)

(what? :blink: you missed one? :huh: oh yeah a desertic set :o yep good idea :shifty: )

Haha, you just want that for your GRAW:BLACK mod. :rolleyes:

No seriously I like the sea and seagull's but do we have access to a sand & a beach scene ??why I brought this up, Do we have a water static or prop..??? or is it left to the imagination to imagine there is an ocean lapping at a beach or harbour front ??

viii

You'll see and hear water in the next map pack.

I look forward to map pack v1.0 with baited breath..... :thumbsup:

just a quick update.. we decided to change the map's area with a new and better one (same concept btw) :)

also:

-we should be able to insert an option to toggle the weapon in the 1st person view ([GR] style :shifty: )

-we will add a few enhancements in the "gore" field (obviously it will be an M rated mod) :shifty:

-we are also checkin' the possibility to add a new game mode called "no one is left behind" in which you're sent to clear a downed chopper (with special grenade) but also to rescue wounded (carring them on your shoulders while others cover you -bonus point for that-). This could be both a coop and a TDM mode, for now it's just an idea (so we will think about it after we finish all the rest) but it should be technically doable :)

just a quick update.. we decided to change the map's area with a new and better one (same concept btw) :)

also:

-we should be able to insert an option to toggle the weapon in the 1st person view ([GR] style :shifty: )

-we will add a few enhancements in the "gore" field (obviously it will be an M rated mod) :shifty:

-we are also checkin' the possibility to add a new game mode called "no one is left behind" in which you're sent to clear a downed chopper (with special grenade) but also to rescue wounded (carring them on your shoulders while others cover you -bonus point for that-). This could be both a coop and a TDM mode, for now it's just an idea (so we will think about it after we finish all the rest) but it should be technically doable :)

:):notworthy: Great ideas , the new game type should be great :thumbsup:

Geez i thought that was a photo of a building that you were gonna work from. Didn't realise it's the actual model. Looks sweet.

What will the view distance be like?

I hope they are mostly day maps, i'm not a fan of night maps.

You guys have gotten us pretty excited. I loved the DS maps and really look forward to seeingwhat you come up with.

Instead of all the modders out their doing their own thing with GRAW here and there why don't you all come together and work in a big group on on project?

Please don't follow the way of Dynamod.

After that andother full game experiences i try not to get excited about a future game or mod when the release is way distant, until it's closer. But it's hard not to when reading about Black.

TC you defiantly got too much time, great overviews with what

looks like ‘sketchup’, I love it all

I hope you all the very best on this project, it's a monster.

Viii

yup it's professional hazard..I don't have a real modding experience so I'm working at this mod the same way I use to do with architectural projects (and this means a long planning phase)

..trespasser (who has game modding experience) is having a lot of patience with my strange work method :P

Whats the deal with draw distance in GRAW? (is it called LOD? i'm never sure what that means exactly).

I have yet to see a screenie either official or user made that has a further draw distance than the average GR1 map.

I personally find fog/haze walls to be a bit annoying.

Whats the deal with draw distance in GRAW? (is it called LOD? i'm never sure what that means exactly).

I have yet to see a screenie either official or user made that has a further draw distance than the average GR1 map.

I personally find fog/haze walls to be a bit annoying.

lol, stand on the bridge on the first level of graw and look around...you see any fog? no? any clipping?nope..now thats a far away clipping range:)

fog walls is excactly what you dont get in graw ! :)