who do i have to pay for some kit restrictions?!?!

seriously, i will send any GRiN programmer a 100 euro bonus to put kit restrictions in to stop the grenade launching fiasco that is GR:AW MP.also, i sure hope that when TDM is released, the ladder admins will make the rule for no grenade launchers. i am trying so hard not to pull one out myself and just start running around spamming them back- i have yet to do so...[/rant]

seriously, i will send any GRiN programmer a 100 euro bonus to put kit restrictions in to stop the grenade launching fiasco that is GR:AW MP.also, i sure hope that when TDM is released, the ladder admins will make the rule for no grenade launchers. i am trying so hard not to pull one out myself and just start running around spamming them back- i have yet to do so...[/rant]

but it takes mad skillz to use one... ok, it doesn't. same for rifles. they just need to re-work the whole reticle behavior setup. there should just be a delay, again, for the n'th time, just like in [GR]! same for rifles.

I hope that ladder admins won't be that stupid to just plainly ban it from the matches... should be choice of the teams. If both teams want to play with nades, fine, if both won't fine as well, if one team wants them and the other doesn't then either go look for another match or accept that your not getting your way...

I hope that ladder admins won't be that stupid to just plainly ban it from the matches... should be choice of the teams. If both teams want to play with nades, fine, if both won't fine as well, if one team wants them and the other doesn't then either go look for another match or accept that your not getting your way...

I dont think I would want the totally banned from matching, as they have their place, just limited so the whole team is not spamming the things. Grenade launcher is to GRAW as the Shotgun is to CoD2.

I admit, I will use them, and have done so alot, but in matching, i would like to see them limited in some way.

Nothing like getting strafed killed from 20 feet away by a launcher.

why not?

in a 5v5 match with no respawns that's still a possible 50 nades going off. with a 5 respawn limit, that's a possible 250! what's the point? where's the skill in spamming nades? better yet, where's the fun?

i want so badly to have another FPS to ladder in. i have laddered in every clancy game since R6. they have been the only games with that slow paced, tactical feel when playing a match. the hunt- sneaking around, moving from cover to cover, listening, following, peeking around corners, lining up shots, getting that kill or taking fire- that is exactly what i've gotten from the other clancy titles.

i used hand grenades to flush people out. if i got a kill in the process- bonus! but meeting an enemy in an alley or on the battlefield and trying to "out-peek" them only to be hit by a "really big bullet" that takes practically no skill to aim is not my idea of fun and niether is having an upclose and personal gunfight , only to have the other guy hit you with a grenade at a 3 meter range. i ran into that exact same situaion plenty tonight.

if it suits your playing style- fine join a "nade-ladder". they have had pistol ladders in the past too.

There is a very simple answer to that: bigger, more open, widespread maps like [GR] had. The only reason that GR:AW is now a nade fest is because it's all CQB. If we had some maps like for example D06 Ghost Town in GR:DS then the spamming wouldn't be so much as the distance gets larger it is harder to accurately aim.

There is a very simple answer to that: bigger, more open, widespread maps like [GR] had. The only reason that GR:AW is now a nade fest is because it's all CQB. If we had some maps like for example D06 Ghost Town in GR:DS then the spamming wouldn't be so much as the distance gets larger it is harder to accurately aim.

i wouldn't say that'd solve the problem really... in GR, you always had to stop, and then aim the nade. strafing withe OICW GL didn't work very well. full stoop only. if we got that here, primary users' chances would increase by a lot.

i understand everyone's wants for "bigass open maps". personally i don't like them. modern warfare is fought in the streets. i think that was GRiN's idea in making the city-scape. a 50/50 of urban/nonurban maps would be fine IMO but does it really stop a guy from using spam? once maps are learned, people know how far to move forward to good nade-spamming position.

when laddering i spent most of my time on the MP maps- river, docks, etc. MBC, POW and castle too. so for all the rants and raves about [GR]'s large maps, in TDM matches and laddering, most of tim was spent on the smaller maps.

grenade launchers- who needs them?

Why not just make it so you can't shoot them unless you are fully stopped. That would stop them. As of now btw they can't spam.. it takes like 2 seconds to load a nade... which means if they miss you got them. Also in matching there won't be any re-stocking of ammo. What you go in with is what you get...

Edited by ROCOAFZ

A "No explosives" option or a limited number of nades (6) like in GR1 would be perfect.

I hate to be killed by these missile spammers. "Manual" nades are 1000 times funnier. I like to be killed by manual nades, and sometimes I have enough time to run or to turn around a corner to avoid the explosion.

Another solution is to have balanced weapons like in GR1. Remember, the grenade launcher was only associated with the OICW: a weapon without a close zoom and without a silencer.

In GRAW weapons are not balanced: it is possible to have the nade launcher, the zoom and the silencer. And to resupply during the game.

the GL under every weapon mod system works great in SP everyone happy, but i think they should restrict it,

if playing in servers with TAC points then all you do is spam rank up and bet GL's,

i also think the players are more imature a GL is a support weapon, think that came trough in [GR] and in graw SP, but it is just like the sniper rifle in MP only worse

to aim i think they should have a blind spot like the open sights, and optical sights, this just sucks

restriction kit and a non transparent aiming device as in RL

I think it all comes down to matching where we want them resticted. And when most matches take place they are playing TDM, so tac points wont come into play. The problem lies in the fact that in TDM matches there are no respawns, and nobody wants to be taken out quickly with a pray and spray nade launcher.

At long ranges the launcher does take some skill and can be effective in suppressing and or killing a well dug in enemy. But most players use the launcher as a shotgun, and run around with their gun in launcher mode waiting to run into someone so they can blast them.

If I remember in [GR] the launcher had a ret that also required you to be pretty motionless to get the accuracy you wanted, while in GRAW strafing and nading has become very accurate and overused method of taking out enemies.

I dont think we will see any tweaks from the devs as of yet on this matter, as Im sure they are busy with other stuff to make the game play better.

I dont think the answer is to ban them from matching, as they are useful as stated earlier, but there needs to be penalties, and or tweaks made to make them not so easy to spray and pray at close distances.

Maybe someone can answer this question. I have not assigned my weapons to hot keys so I dont know how fast it is to swtich weapons that way. Is it faster than using the original method?

Maybe someone can answer this question. I have not assigned my weapons to hot keys so I dont know how fast it is to swtich weapons that way. Is it faster than using the original method?

There is a small delay when switching from an assault rifle to the sidearm, but close to none when switching to the GL.

There is a small delay when switching from an assault rifle to the sidearm, but close to none when switching to the GL.

Thanks Agent Smith, thats exactly the answer I was looking for.

Knowing this info, makes me even more determined to try and get them to tweak, the way launchers are used.

Ive noticed plenty of times, when I get into a heavy fire fight with people, they usually swith to the Launcher in no time flat and take me out, eventhough im only 20 feet away, and the are strafing left and right constantly.

I understand that in real life, this is possible, but no one in their right mind would do this because of the distance from the target. They would be chancing bodily harm to themsleves and to other friendlies next to them, but in the game, that is not a problem.

I have no solutions that would fix this, as I know, its not easy to fix without upsetting someone else, but I do know it needs fixed somehow.

Not everyone thats posted to this thread, but for the most part whine asses. Suck it up and carry on.. I can hear the enemy's over seas now... thats no fair the USA has bigger and better weapons then we do, their missle spamming us :sheep: get over yourselfs already.

I happen to load out with the same kit everytime I play :grin1: which happens to be the Scar L w/GL mp550. Your just ###### cause you got OWNED :lol: by someone with a nade launcher. I launch a GL round into every dark corner and cubby hole on a map that I can find, either from a distance or close by, because 9 times out of 10 someone (like one of the whiners here) is camping or hiding in a dark corner or up in a building where they cant be seen too well :ph34r: and would have other wise got me before I got them without the GL. Ban it from matching would be BS for those that like the GL, how about we ban your favorite rifle or that full auto pistol that most of you lamers like to run and gun with (which I'd like to add needs "no skillz" to operate). Maybe if your that frustrated you shouldn't play this game...it could be too much for your nerves to handle :o= in which case you should go back to playing mario cart :yes:

Limit hell, Lets somehow program it into the game that if you camp in one place for more then 30 seconds game automatically turns you into a weaponless rabbit :rofl: . Gay you say?... thats the whole point.

Edited by Ikillintel

Not everyone thats posted to this thread, but for the most part whine asses. Suck it up and carry on.. I can hear the enemy's over seas now... thats no fair the USA has bigger and better weapons then we do, their missle spamming us :sheep: get over yourselfs already.

I happen to load out with the same kit everytime I play :grin1: which happens to be the Scar L w/GL mp550. Your just ###### cause you got OWNED :lol: by someone with a nade launcher. I launch a GL round into every dark corner and cubby hole on a map that I can find, either from a distance or close by, because 9 times out of 10 someone (like one of the whiners here) is camping or hiding in a dark corner or up in a building where they cant be seen too well :ph34r: and would have other wise got me before I got them without the GL. Ban it from matching would be BS for those that like the GL, how about we ban your favorite rifle or that full auto pistol that most of you lamers like to run and gun with (which I'd like to add needs "no skillz" to operate). Maybe if your that frustrated you shouldn't play this game...it could be too much for your nerves to handle :o= in which case you should go back to playing mario cart :yes:

Limit hell, Lets somehow program it into the game that if you camp in one place for more then 30 seconds game automatically turns you into a weaponless rabbit :rofl: . Gay you say?... thats the whole point.

Ill take it as Im one of the whiners your talking about, and respond.

There might be a slight few that want it banned, but for the most part, I think most of us just want it limited, which you also seem to be scared of as well.

Its obvious you use the launcher as a security blanket to cover up your lack of skill, as you seem to be scared of dark spots on the map.

You seem to play the game with the attitude of, I have a bigger gun so I win. Well News Flash, thats a Quake player for ya. Ghost Recon is about teamplay and tactics, and yes tactics will involve the launcher sometimes. But not in the capacity of which you are hoping.

Every gun has its own strength and weakness, and the only weakness the launcher has is the reload time. But 7 times out of 10 you wont have to reload fast because the first shot usually kills the person your aiming at.

The launcher was put into the game to offer a long range splash damage weapon, but is being used as a close quarters combat weapon. Just like everyother game that has come out, people will find a way around skill and use mistakes in the Dev thought process to win. ie: jumping put in the game to get over objects becomes bunnyhopping, glitches in the map used to get a higher vantage points than intended, and so on.

Im sure the Devs never thought of the launchers being used as shotties while playing, but they are. Im not blaming them, because I believe the launcher has a place in the game, just not on a wide scale like it is now for matching.

That is why im in favor of LIMITING them, not BANNING them.