pressure is building up...

whenever the next update comes out, it is my understanding that it'll either make or break the game for a lot of people, mostly MP players, myself included.

let's give GRIN a chance to show their confidence in their work.

we all see the potential of GRAW. we all know it's incomplete. i'm sure everyone noticed GRIN's lack of participation on the board as of late as well. is it all going down hill from here? i think so, and most of you know i've always shown support for the dev team. there just comes a point when hoping for things to get better transcends into denial...

Personally, I don't think it is going down hill. (Ok, so I'm gonna be a bit naive/overly optimistic here... but that's really all I've got to go on I feel) I think they are just comming on here every now and again to read up on some wishes/bugs and then continue to work on things.

Can we leave the judging till after the patch is released ...

but you see, the game itself is released. as well as 3 patches. is this next one really going to be revolutionary? sure hope so, but realistically 95% of the game will stay at where it is right now. there's always miracles though... lol.

I have really no issues other then massive amouse of stuff in the maps, My laptop cant take it on med or high. Also I dont really like the gun, its so large, i would put the gun a but lower on the screen.

the last patch made multiplaying more fun, IDK i like it now, but i would like to play graw on high setting like i have been doing with BF2 or HL2...on my laptop!

i'm sure everyone noticed GRIN's lack of participation on the board as of late as well. is it all going down hill from here?

Your boss ever tell you to quit screwing off and get to work? Ever have to meet a quickly-closing deadline? Under pressure from customers? Ge that not-so-fresh feeling?

If the GRiN guys are under pressure (and they sure are from us) then I'd prefer to get fewer responses to our whining on here and more work done toward fixing GRAW. YEAH, merely throwing more man-hours at it isn't going to fix it, but depriving it of work in order to find out what we think needs work is a thing of the past. The horse of our wishes has been beaten into a thin, soupy layer of stinky reddish goo on the floor of this forum. THEY GET IT!

I'm hoping (perhaps naive as well) that the recent drop in GRiN participation in this forum indicates a team hard at work on getting the finishing touches on the July patch for us so we can get a step closer to that 90% solution. I'd bet Dollars to Pesos that the next couple weeks will prove me right...

i'm sure everyone noticed GRIN's lack of participation on the board as of late as well. is it all going down hill from here?

Your boss ever tell you to quit screwing off and get to work? Ever have to meet a quickly-closing deadline? Under pressure from customers? Ge that not-so-fresh feeling?

If the GRiN guys are under pressure (and they sure are from us) then I'd prefer to get fewer responses to our whining on here and more work done toward fixing GRAW. YEAH, merely throwing more man-hours at it isn't going to fix it, but depriving it of work in order to find out what we think needs work is a thing of the past. The horse of our wishes has been beaten into a thin, soupy layer of stinky reddish goo on the floor of this forum. THEY GET IT!

I'm hoping (perhaps naive as well) that the recent drop in GRiN participation in this forum indicates a team hard at work on getting the finishing touches on the July patch for us so we can get a step closer to that 90% solution. I'd bet Dollars to Pesos that the next couple weeks will prove me right...

Now, this is the first piece of sense I've read on here in a long time... Now, will everyone read this this and stop Kakling like mother hens!!!

Can we leave the judging till after the patch is released ...

but you see, the game itself is released. as well as 3 patches. is this next one really going to be revolutionary? sure hope so, but realistically 95% of the game will stay at where it is right now. there's always miracles though... lol.

Then be realistic and dont say you are losing faith now, they announced way back what was comming. TDM and another [GR] mode, i agree with u on this ... It wont change much ... The game itself works and u can allrdy experience TDM on the custom maps made by modders. So why would official maps and an official mod change alot ...Dedi files and server control ll change things more drasticly imo and those probably wont be in the July patch. So to all of you saying this ll be the all or nothing patch ... i fear u ll all be disappointed.

For those wanting clanmatches ... If the release of the TDM mode would spike that, it would have allrdy with the custom maps. It wont untill servercommands are available and even then there ll only be a few clans with their own server and a ladder would only really lift off, if the ladder itself had a server and offered it as rental for each war.

What would actually make a difference on the short term is making the servers set up so it actually suits the mode and not launch a DM map with a playerlimit of 32 when it is made for max 12 and dont put the timelimit on 10 with no respawns or the wait ll be unbearable when it remains in the hands of campers.

For those wanting clanmatches ... If the release of the TDM mode would spike that, it would have allrdy with the custom maps. It wont untill servercommands are available and even then there ll only be a few clans with their own server and a ladder would only really lift off, if the ladder itself had a server and offered it as rental for each war.

No, it wouldn't and obviously hasn't... Custom maps do not do anything for a game if the game itself isn't in order.

No, it wouldn't and obviously hasn't... Custom maps do not do anything for a game if the game itself isn't in order.

exactly. the official TDM won't have a chance if there aren't enough _quality_ maps to match on. everything i have seen custom made so far is sub-par. the modding community just recently succeeded importing a few fresh models into the game - a lamp!, and a tree. we're a while away from any kind of major mod releases. not that it would help a ladder trigger activity... hopefully GRIN had enough time to build a couple of new battlefields for the next patch, but i believe we're really gonna have to wait for the expansion to match properly. custom maps never get approved on a ladder, unless the matching teams work out an agreement, so i don't expect an instant boom of interest.

and the thing is, if the dedicated server build got released today, it wouldn't do much either, 'cause there are no modes and maps to play, not to mention players... i mean for things to start moving in the right direction the next patch has to be an expansion(maps, modes, weapons) AND have the dedicated files in it, or at least a concrete date of release for those. in any other case, the MP numbers will only keep decreasing and once the game box is on people's shelves, you never know when it's going back in the drive...

pfffff lets get negative here ......

you negative people read only what you want , THE NEGATIVES

if grin is here a lot and participates the negative people are like " GO BACK TO WORK!!"

now that they have atleast two patches to work on, you ask "why aren't they here in the forum ?"

you just want to ###### ...... (sorry for strong words but they deserve it)

a lamp in the mod forum ? did see a blimp and elevator, opening doors and a lot of other stuff, guess your negative blindspot made them invisible

grin gave us a lot up till now, look deep in the mod forums and se what they do there and how good their interaction is

grin can only give us what ubi allows, so lay down the arms when it concerns grin and the lack of info or the things we get

and if it is soooo bad why not go play [GR] BF2 AA OFP OE VSB or what ever ......

there is a time for everything, ubi and grin gave us that info, go jerk off if you can not wait patiently and whine every other day in a new thread

if you do not know , these posts do not make the game popular, these threads make the people not decide to play the game, hence only few people online, because there is no realistic talk, just whining and complaints

(oooooh booooohhhh the gl is hard to aim, please change it, it is changed and now it is a GL fest in MP thanks whiners !! that is what these threads do to the game, )

go home and do something you LIKE

As far as i'm concerned, think of this as negative or whatever you like... but I don't play GRAW anymore, i'm bored senseless with it. Just not enough along the lines of MP modes and maps right now.

Every time it's a case of nOObs spamming nades and campers, change map, then repeat.

Woooo great fun!

The next patch will be an absolute Godsend, with the new stuff promised and will actually mean I don't feel like i've wasted money on this game.

But until then, i'm just concentrating on my job....and hopefully by the time Winter comes and there's less reason to go outside i'll have a good game to sit down to in the run up to Xmas.

As for pressure...pfft.... pressure on anyone is self created, self applied. If I were them I couldn't give two hoots about the whining and it would be a case of it's done when it's done. Rather get it right than hurried.

Anyways, hopefully see you fellas in a few weeks time to waffle, moan and praise the next addition to this faltering turkey soon to be "something".

Time for the pub!

we understand(the mature audience) that you support GRAW/GRIN/UBI and that's fine. but don't crucify others for their apparent lack of happiness with GRAW.

Feel free to express your opinions, which we know what opinions are like...a#seholes and everyone has one.

we need to stop the in fighting between the pro and con GRAW's.

we understand(the mature audience) that you support GRAW/GRIN/UBI and that's fine. but don't crucify others for their apparent lack of happiness with GRAW.

Feel free to express your opinions, which we know what opinions are like...a#seholes and everyone has one.

we need to stop the in fighting between the pro and con GRAW's.

:thumbsup:

Agreed.

Dude, did you miss how badly they messed up the last two patches? If history is an indicator, I have no faith in their ability. :unsure:

Maybe SP has been successful for Ubi/Frown. But from the MP side, they took a great game and blue print and destroyed an online-community. :grin1::blink:

Anyone who even remotely thought that Domination Mode was going to "rock" is so far removed from the MP reality; I have no faith in Frown. :thumbsup:

Believe the hate, it is warranted. :yes:

Dude, did you miss how badly they messed up the last two patches? If history is an indicator, I have no faith in their ability. :unsure:

why, they delivered! granted, the DM mode wasn't on top of our requests list, but they implemented that flawlessly. and it was sure fun for a few days.

what i'm trying to say is, they used to at least update us with approximate patch release dates and upcoming new content, as opposed to now... silence.

They have said "July".

They also have said "June".

The June patch didn't end up coming out till the 22nd.

It is currently the 15th of July.

I don't expect this next "July" patch till the 25th or so.

As for their content, they have put everything they said they were going to put into their patches. With how much the 1.16 patch messed things up - they even released a "Fix" patch. Many companies don't even do that half as fast as they did.

And damnit, ignore doesn't "Ignore" quotes. :|