Can't start YOTM SP campaign...

chiles4

I just loaded up Year of the Monkey and am trying to start the SP campaign. In the intro video for the first mission, during the chopper ride, the chopper gets stuck in mid-flight - possibly on a hilltop?

I've tried it many times and always the same result.

I'm using the DVD version of the game...GR, DS, IT and patch 1.4.

Anyone have any ideas? I think there's a checkbox to turn off the intro videos but from what I've seen (and heard from a friend who has no problems with this) they're pretty impressive and I want to play them.

I just loaded up Year of the Monkey and am trying to start the SP campaign. In the intro video for the first mission, during the chopper ride, the chopper gets stuck in mid-flight - possibly on a hilltop?

I've tried it many times and always the same result.

I'm using the DVD version of the game...GR, DS, IT and patch 1.4.

Anyone have any ideas?

I think there's a checkbox to turn off the intro videos but from what I've seen (and heard from a friend who has no problems with this) they're pretty impressive and I want to play them.

Just a thought: You might try using the console cheat "autowin" immediately that you are loaded into the bird & before it gets stuck; then retry the mission from quick menu & see if it plays right?

I agree w/your mate that definitely you don't want to miss YOTM's cinematics! Good luck.

It's really weird because you can see the chopper starting to land right in the correct area to let the crew off. Then, fade to black and the chopper is way up in the air again flying over hills - doesn't make sense. It's like two movies got glued together or something. AFAIK, there are no patches for YOTM.

I unchecked the box "Show Intro Videos" which lets me spacebar out of the movie.

From what I've seen, YOTM looks awesome. Being a huge fan of VietCong, I know I'm going to like this TC.

• 11 months later...

Similar problem here also. I know I'll love YOTM if I can just get it to run - I get started just fine but my ghosts' faces and the terrain is all white. How much memory do I need on my video card? I have played [GR] and various different mods with no problem until now so I don't think it's my system (or is it).

As the chopper comes in all I see is white with faint outlines across the fields and I seem to be stuck on the top of an LZ but can't seem to get out of the chopper. If anyone can offer some help I'd appreciate it! Mahalo!

If you haven't already, read about =Launcher Application= in the YOTM_ReadMe.txt.

Its been awhile but I had similar problems. It could have been the =Launcher Application=

that got it sorted but don't remember exactly.