Mine arrive tomorrow

Greetings all! Ol' Cobrabase here again.

GRAW arrives tomorrow and I am all ready to go. I have the patches downloaded along with some mods I saw.

Once again... Pentium 4 2.8 with a Radeon 9800 Pro with half a gig.

I plan to stick it in... get some coffee, let it install (I've heard horror stories about the length of time of installation) come back and run it SET at 800 resolution FROM THE START so I won't know what I am missing.

I'll set all the graphics settings to low and start experimenting with every which way to get the frame rate as high as I can.

LAST MINUTE TIPS FROM YOU EXPERTS WOULD BE NICE. I've heard that it will run with fair rates as long as I turn the settings down. I'm correct right? :rolleyes:

Take the time now to download the latest video card and physX drivers. Yeah, even without the card installed, the physX drivers somehow or other can affect gameplay. Just do it.

Also, if you've got a couple extra bucks, double that RAM. Extra memory never hurts. Get the good, FAST stuff. The Columbian stuff...

Oops, wrong forum...

Take the time now to download the latest video card and physX drivers. Yeah, even without the card installed, the physX drivers somehow or other can affect gameplay. Just do it.

Also, if you've got a couple extra bucks, double that RAM. Extra memory never hurts. Get the good, FAST stuff. The Columbian stuff...

Oops, wrong forum...

Hmmm... I have 128 MB of video RAM... there's no way to upgrade that is there? I mean... it's imbedded in the card right?

Oops, wrong forum...

Hmmm... I have 128 MB of video RAM... there's no way to upgrade that is there? I mean... it's imbedded in the card right?

Well, you could do what I did with some old Tandy laptop RAM, a cold chisel and a soldering iron. Crude, but it didn't necessarily void my warranty according to my attorney.

YEAH, it's embedded for all intents and purposes. RAM in your video card isn't something you can upgrade without changing the whole card. EBay, baby. EBay. THAT little number is quite important, and I think you're gonna find yourself in the market for a new card REALLY soon...

Just like ME! But, uh, wold you be interested in a BFG Ageia PhysX card, almost new, with the original box, all drivers, and demos? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whistle::whistle:

cobrabase

Just to let you know. I had a stick of memory go bad, the rig to run it otherwise. Take it from me, if you have 512 you cant aim. Someone correct me if I am wrong. With 512 the crosshairs were all over the place. I hope for you, this was just on my rig, but I don't see how anyone could play the game with 512. You will have a hard time hitting the building infront of you. Just don't take it as GRAW being F$ck. It is your lack of ram.

cobrabase

Just to let you know. I had a stick of memory go bad, the rig to run it otherwise. Take it from me, if you have 512 you cant aim. Someone correct me if I am wrong. With 512 the crosshairs were all over the place. I hope for you, this was just on my rig, but I don't see how anyone could play the game with 512. You will have a hard time hitting the building infront of you. Just don't take it as GRAW being F$ck. It is your lack of ram.

Yeah that is what i had saw posted by a few.

last minute advice?

send it back, or give it to one of your enemies as a gift.

And keep posting like a idiot on a forum about a game you no longer own. If you sent yours away why are you here? Be gone and let the guy play the game.

Sorry cobrabase... was just posting that to the guy in the post above mine.

1GB of ram total will definately help as me and WillieP stated.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Oops, wrong forum...

OUCH

You need 256..... and at least one gig of ddr (if you can tweak WIN XP to use less memory) otherwise put in 2.

You will be able to play graw using your config, but forget installing patch 1.16 and 1.20 they will turn you dowm since they increase memory needs because the game renders more up front.

Good luck.

And if you consider updating your system be carefull, you might be better of with a new rig which costs slightly more, but has newer better balanced components. I hear a lot of whining by people who updated some features in their PC but forget to buy a whole new one. (the weakest link makes the strength of the chain)

Greetings all! Ol' Cobrabase here again.

GRAW arrives tomorrow and I am all ready to go. I have the patches downloaded along with some mods I saw.

Once again... Pentium 4 2.8 with a Radeon 9800 Pro with half a gig.

I plan to stick it in... get some coffee, let it install (I've heard horror stories about the length of time of installation) come back and run it SET at 800 resolution FROM THE START so I won't know what I am missing.

I'll set all the graphics settings to low and start experimenting with every which way to get the frame rate as high as I can.

LAST MINUTE TIPS FROM YOU EXPERTS WOULD BE NICE. I've heard that it will run with fair rates as long as I turn the settings down. I'm correct right? :rolleyes:

You'll need a min of 1 gig of RAM...

So, uh, does he need at least 1 Gigabyte of RAM? Just wondering...

Cuz, y'know, it's not really clear just yet... LOL

(sorry, had to be done)

Well, RAbbi, I'm not sure about that but he sure could use that extra half-gig of RAM.

Has someone told him that his hypervelocity multiplexed overthruster needs replacing, too? I've heard that if yours is older than, say, 60 days, the performance sucks so bad that GRAW reskins your characters (to save FPS, of course) and renders your team with the Easter Egg "Fruit of the Loom" skins...

Boy... do you think he should bump up his machine to at least 1 gb of RAM at the same time?

(awright... I'm done)

cobrabase

The half a gig of ram I was referring to was my video ram. I have a full gig of conventional ram.