where to specify texture application during export

Dimz_RR

ANY HELP !! ... on specifying which texture to use when importing 3ds max models . i've seen a fair many map be releeased and im gettin kinda itchy to release mine .

but i cant release a map that is transparent ehehe . so please , can anyone be specific about where to specify texture application in the xml files used during export ?

ANY HELP !! ... on specifying which texture to use when importing 3ds max models . i've seen a fair many map be releeased and im gettin kinda itchy to release mine .

but i cant release a map that is transparent ehehe . so please , can anyone be specific about where to specify texture application in the xml files used during export ?

its all in the tutorials.step by step. both in the overview and in the actual "how to get models into graw" tutorial.and in the terrain tutorial if im not mistaken.

" im not a smart man ... but i know what texturing is "

i've read the tutorials , and nowhere does it explicitly state where the texture applied to the model is references in any way .

it is a good document , however i think more specification in the materials area would help alot of mappers .

i've read the tutorials , and nowhere does it explicitly state where the texture applied to the model is references in any way .

you assign a material in max but the only thing that the plugin will export is its name (so you can assign default material with no texture at all if you don't need to preview the material in a render)

the texture is assigned in the material.xml file when you call back the material name and only at this point you assign a shader and a texture

and then you need to compress this texture into the atlas