Should Obsidian Edge 2 get a place in this Forum?

Lightspeed

I know Gr.Net is supporting or offering Forums to discuss other games excluding the GR Series and I think OE2 probably deserves a spot in here to show prospective players.

I know most if not all ppl are extremely disappointed with GRAWs MP performance and I dont really see things changing on that front quickly, so I think GR.Net should give a serious MP game of the future some advertising space.

In addition, Im aware that many of the older members would have heard and/or looked at OE, Im not sure how many actually played it. At the OE stage, many ppl had tried and hated FarCry and werent prepared to buy FarCry for a Mod called Obsidian Edge. But as far as MP gaming goes, OE was a great MP game that would have suited a lot of ppl here.

Anyways thats my $0.02 re: OE2, I know the crew at Black Sheep Retribution have slaved away for many hours without being paid to try and bring a great MP and possibly COOP game to serious tactical players. GJ guys. Def c u in OE2.

Yes, it should. Moved.

To answer the question, though, space is provided for popular topics. OE has not stood out enough to warrant its own forum. If that should change, then OE would get a subforum in the PC games forum, just like several other games. :yes:

I know the crew at Polishing Weevils have slaved away for many hours without being paid to try and bring a great MP and possibly COOP game to serious tactical players. GJ guys. Def c u in OE2.

Fixed it for ya. There are several in my squad that worked on it, and in OE2 there are more people from other squads than there are mine. It's definitely a Weevils team.:D

Edited by ruggbutt

FarCry is not my type of game. I would say that it is not suited for many of the players here in this forum. It is more fast paced and not "tactical" in nature.

However, the Obsidian Edge Mod for FarCry is VERY much my game type and I would have to say that if the players here would give it a chance, they too would agree. I cannot begin to tell you how much it is exactly like the [GR]. I MEAN REALLY LIKE GR !!!!

Do you hear me? Can you understand what I am saying? Obsidian Edge Mod is very much like [GR] !!!

Now that the Polishing Weevles team are working on OE2, I am very excited to see what they turn out (for free, by the way).

Really, all that I (and several other players) are really asking is that you spend $9.95 on FarCry and then download the Obsidian Edge Mod for free. Really, what have you got to lose? $9.95?

I even took it upon myself to purchase 4 copies of FarCry and download 4 copies of the OE Mod onto disc. I have been giving them out to some of my friends to recriut. Every single person that I have given it to, has loved it. In fact, they have, in turn purchased a new copy and given it to someone else. This should say something about the quality of the mod.

I do not work for Crytech nor have any affilitation with the OE Mod. However, I am now naming myself as the #1 Fan and #1 Supporter. I will walk to the ends of the earth and bleed OE blood in my quest to convert players to this game.

The funny thing is .... I am trying to convert players, that do not know they need to be converted, to a game that they would love if they would give it a chance. This will be difficult and tiring. I will not give up. Help me help you. Help me help others. Tell everyone about the Obsidian Edge Mod for FarCry. Let the Revolution begin !!!

Long live Obsidain Edge !!! (GR:OE)

LAW

I personally would like to have dedicated OE2 forum on GR.net.

I like these forums alot and i'm used to using them, they are quick with lots of great features and a nice design aesthetic (OE red and black hurts my eyes hehe).

I'm used to using these forums and also would like to be able to flip between the main GRAW PC forum and the OE2 'other games' forum.

Plus OE and OE2 will have such GR like features that it seems like a good second home for the chat about the upcoming mod.

So an OE2 forum here gets my vote/request.

I would like to cast my vote as well. As if you didnt already know.

Yes, I would like to see the OE1 / OE2 Mods get a spot here on the GR.Net Forum.

Anyone interested in learning more can visit: www.obsidianedge.net

Obsidian Edge

I would like to point out that there are sooo many people in these forums complaining about AW not being the same as GR1. Everyone seems to want a game that is very close to GR1.

If just a few players would try OE then more players would see just how much like GR it really is. HINT HINT. It is VERY much like GR1. You would be amazed.

LAW

GR:OE

Edited by LAW

Nope. We contacted the guy who was doing some fantastic single player stuff and he wasn't interested in doing any s/p but his. We've contacted him again since we got factory support, but he's working on another FC s/p campaign. Maybe he'll be interested in the future. Or if any of you here would like to tackle it we'd give you a tryout. Mind you, the storyline is written. It's been about 8 months of rewrites and fine tuning. I expect they'll still continue to do so.

As for there being a dedicated OE2 spot, I'll speak to the rest of the dev team. I don't mind answering a few questions and such. The thing is, that there are other sites that we'd prefer to "cater" to. If anyone wants to know the reason why check out any of the old OE threads. We're looking to make a great tac sim for those that love tac sims. We're not trying to make another GR, although plenty of great gameplay ideas that were in GR were incorporated into OE and will be in OE2. But we like OFP, (some things about) BF2, Rogue Spear series, (some things about) SWAT series, etc.

The reason that some of the dev team post here is because of friendships made because of GR.

Edited by ruggbutt

I already told Rugg that I would pin a thread once he started it. It would cover Crysis, OE and OE2.

Whatever works WK. GR.net isn't on our radar as far as us being interested in doing current updates. Everyone here knows our website addy, and I'll leave the links in my sig. IMO that's plenty.

I already told Rugg that I would pin a thread once he started it. It would cover Crysis, OE and OE2.

A pinned thread is different than a separate forum. I don't see a problem with a popular mod/game being pinned as there are so many potential games being discussed in this forum it could easily get lost. However, if it is popular it won't stray off the first page anyway, even if not pinned. :lol:

Also, as rugg said, gr.net isn't (and hasn't been) on their radar for current updates, which has been apparent to me. Hence, another reason a dedicated forum is not warranted. Again, if this should change, I won't hesitate to create a forum for them. :thumbsup:

IF OE2 is based on the crysis engine then hell yes it should get its own section! That be my first mod for it.

Lets just hope the mp options and the modability for crysis is top notch.

I know Gr.Net is supporting or offering Forums to discuss other games excluding the GR Series and I think OE2 probably deserves a spot in here to show prospective players.

I know most if not all ppl are extremely disappointed with GRAWs MP performance and I dont really see things changing on that front quickly, so I think GR.Net should give a serious MP game of the future some advertising space.

In addition, Im aware that many of the older members would have heard and/or looked at OE, Im not sure how many actually played it. At the OE stage, many ppl had tried and hated FarCry and werent prepared to buy FarCry for a Mod called Obsidian Edge. But as far as MP gaming goes, OE was a great MP game that would have suited a lot of ppl here.

Anyways thats my $0.02 re: OE2, I know the crew at Black Sheep Retribution have slaved away for many hours without being paid to try and bring a great MP and possibly COOP game to serious tactical players. GJ guys. Def c u in OE2.

FWIW - we do monitor subforums that we have here at gr.net. If one has been created and the interest disappears, so does the subforum. Yes, SWAT 4 has not had a post in it for several months, but it hasn't met our criteria yet for getting rid of it.... but it's getting close. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...