Clan Laddering

If Grin is going to keep some hope alive in the MP community (TVT) it would behoove them to give some information regarding approximately when we can expect TDM, SIEGE, etc…

Their last two patches have been sub-par. Hence, with history as our indicator, it would seem that a summer turn around for Clan Laddering is all but vanquished.

Moreover, it would appear that this game’s lack of dedi files and the like have caused it to become, quickly, a bin bargain game.

My question then becomes when do you think UBI will just pull the plug? Since they are paying GRiN for their work on the alleged Summer Patches (still to come), might not someone at top management of UBI consider such further spending as throwing good money after bad?

Given the former MP comminutes of R6 and [GR] it’s a shame to see such an online void for GRAW.

In reality, speaking from the MP (tvt) community side, there wasn’t a whole lot that was advanced about the game.

Grin turn our MP Frown upside down….

And I for one am GLAD TCZ is making it work! I've read the ladder rules, and there are some REALLY good [GR] teams competing in the 7v7 DOMINATION ladder. More teams are deciding now whether to field an effort in that ladder as well, and MANY more are awaiting the TvT/HH/###### mode to give the GREEN LIGHT.

To beat the dead, bloated, and rotten horse, [GR] didn't take off very quickly either, and look at where it ended-up! Consistently in the top ten most-played games online as recently as a year or so ago, according to Xfire. And that was AFTER MMORPG's like WoW and FFXI,, along with BF, AA:SF, CS:S, and other greats.

Take the racing analogy- Slow In, Fast Out. Wait, that sucks...

Let's jsut pace ourselves, and take the time to hold the developers and publishers to getting this thing right as quickly as decent quality control measures will reasonably allow, and it's certian to be aound three years from now, PWNing other games like it should.

Or else I'm gonna "put a gun to my head and paint the walls with my brains" Tyler Durden stylie, yo!

You may see a few matches, but never like [GR]. GRAW wasn't made for matching or MP.

Wrong.

But it ain't worth doing if we don't have server files. It ain't a match if you are playing on house bandwidth. Period.

Next.

Moreover, it would appear that this game’s lack of dedi files and the like have caused it to become, quickly, a bin bargain game.

It should be a written in "The Law of Computer Games" that every PC game released that has a multiplayer component, must have standalone dedicated server files. It's an absolute MUST!

You may see a few matches, but never like [GR]. GRAW wasn't made for matching or MP.

Wrong.

But it ain't worth doing if we don't have server files. It ain't a match if you are playing on house bandwidth. Period.

Next.

You'll need more then server files. No working anti-cheat and no replays/demos. What do you think will happen in the long run? Everyone will be calling each other hackers. It will never come close to the matching that happen with [GR]. I seen over 200 matches a day on TaG back in the day, and others ladders had the same amount also. Hell your lucky if you see over 200 players with GRAW on-line at the same time.

Edited by Pulaski

our best asset to catching cheaters is our teams playing. We've waded through hacking teams before with RvS when it had no PB and with gr1 when it didn't have the replays fully implemented. You guys do the matching and let us worry about catching the cheaters.

Hopefully GRIN will give us something in a month or so but until then we've had fun matching AOD and CGI and we are going to be matching RS soon.

I"m starting to have serious doubts as to the level of commitment there is from UBI for GRAW.

They hired an untested (in shooters) dev house to 'knock out' an SP version of GRAW to rake in the quick bucks. I think there must be a diferent customer base between those hwo like the sp experience and those who like the mp one. I reckon UBI just went for the quick hit and didn't care much if GRAW settles down for the long haul.

From GRINS point of view it was a good chance to get some experience. They could well go on to do great things with shooters (but they have to loose the lover afair with the multi generational graphics engine and get something fresh and flexible).

I"m starting to have serious doubts as to the level of commitment there is from UBI for GRAW.

They hired an untested (in shooters) dev house to 'knock out' an SP version of GRAW to rake in the quick bucks. I think there must be a diferent customer base between those hwo like the sp experience and those who like the mp one. I reckon UBI just went for the quick hit and didn't care much if GRAW settles down for the long haul.

From GRINS point of view it was a good chance to get some experience. They could well go on to do great things with shooters (but they have to loose the lover afair with the multi generational graphics engine and get something fresh and flexible).

No offense, but you have had doubts about this game since it came out, and you have not even played it yet. So we get your point.