On My Way

Roger that. Be safe out there and see you in 3 months. :thumbsup:

Don't want to derail the thread, but why 3 months? Doesn't he have to do training and stuff? Or is there a break in it? :blink:

Marine Corps boot camp lasts 13 weeks, with no breaks. Once you step on a MCRD, you are there til you graduate unless you are busted for some odd reason or you get medicaled. The only time you really get a break is just before graduation when you get base liberty and can actually visit the PX or the movie theater.

Roger that. Be safe out there and see you in 3 months. :thumbsup:

Don't want to derail the thread, but why 3 months? Doesn't he have to do training and stuff? Or is there a break in it? :blink:

dickie, I'm reading your question a bit differently than others so I'll take a stab at potentially answering your questions.

As was stated earlier, Marine boot camp is 3 months long. During that time the Marines own your time. Once you complete boot camp you then do go to complete your specialty training. You don't get a break between the two, but your time is more your own and are able to use a computer and other technology.... at least this is how it was in the Air Force. I'm assuming other branches have the same type of training setup after boot camp. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong in terms of other branches of service. :P

dickie, I'm reading your question a bit differently than others so I'll take a stab at potentially answering your questions.

As was stated earlier, Marine boot camp is 3 months long. During that time the Marines own your time. Once you complete boot camp you then do go to complete your specialty training. You don't get a break between the two, but your time is more your own and are able to use a computer and other technology.... at least this is how it was in the Air Force. I'm assuming other branches have the same type of training setup after boot camp. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong in terms of other branches of service. :P

Ah, that was more what I was getting at. Truth be told after I posted that I got on google and answered my own question, after realising it sounded somewhat daft I was hoping to leave it to be forgotten :P

Thanks,

Dickie

Ah, that was more what I was getting at. Truth be told after I posted that I got on google and answered my own question, after realising it sounded somewhat daft I was hoping to leave it to be forgotten :P

Thanks,

Dickie

That was a mistake - Z has no mercy.

Thanks,

Dickie

That was a mistake - Z has no mercy.

Sure I do.... just not for you, J. :shifty: