Team Commands

I wanted to post this to see how much you guys use your Ghost team in SP missions.

At the end of each mission it gives you a breakdown of alot of stats. One of them happens to be how many team(Ghost) commands u gave.

I think the highest I've had so far was like 280.

Just this weekend me and friend were playing co-op and he was commanding the team, all he does is select follow and never tactically uses them like I do.

What do you guys do and your style in SP? I Literally use them on every corner, and use them as my scouts. Yeah they may beat me in kills(sometimes) but I feel it's funner that way, and many times I have been impressed with the AI, (only a couple times they were weak).

Well done typing this book, any opinions? Tactic's? Your style?

Thanks......

DD

I tend to use them by placing them on cover points and then i go and scout out front.....just in case the enemy suddenly appears on the flanks. If i know the part of the level is clear then i get them to follow, but normaly i use them to sweep an area at a time with me maybe setting the sniper to cover ahead.

On the Embassy level, the sniper (allen i think) took out the RPG guy that alot of people had a lot of trouble with without me even seeing the guy on building by using this tactic, great to hear "target spotted"...."target eliminated"

Edited by PONDLIFE

I tend to use them by placing them on cover points and then i go and scout out front.....just in case the enemy suddenly appears on the flanks. If i know the part of the level is clear then i get them to follow, but normaly i use them to sweep an area at a time with me maybe setting the sniper to cover ahead.

On the Embassy level, the sniper (allen i think) took out the RPG guy that alot of people had a lot of trouble with without me even seeing the guy on building by using this tactic, great to hear "target spotted"...."target eliminated"

Yeah I remember that, but you can actually see him on the tactical map. I pretty much did the same thing in that mission.

I use them on point, placing them at corners or behind good cover. They can pinpoint, if not eliminate enemy, they can take more damage and they are not mission essential like you are.

Yes you are 100% right about what u said. Seems our tactics are similiar.

Totally situation dependent, but I usually get between 50-80 commands, and 50-80% orders efficiency. Not sure exactly how THAT is calculated, and maybe someone more knowledgeable of 'the code' can enlighten us here.

The situation dictates the usage of the team. They do a lot of following, just to keep them close at hand when needed. Kirkland does a lot of recon work, since eliminating armor isn't a hot topic in most of the game. Allen gets appointed a lot of the elevated and distant targets that tend to irk me (like the guy on the automatic grenade launcher in 'VIP 2 is down.' Brown goes in first when it's HOT in there. The pig tends to shut badguys up in a hurry.

It's a burrito, boss!

HECHO IN MEXICO!

Edited by RAbbi_74

Totally situation dependent, but I usually get between 50-80 commands, and 50-80% orders efficiency. Not sure exactly how THAT is calculated, and maybe someone more knowledgeable of 'the code' can enlighten us here.

The situation dictates the usage of the team. They do a lot of following, just to keep them close at hand when needed. Kirkland does a lot of recon work, since eliminating armor isn't a hot topic in most of the game. Allen gets appointed a lot of the elevated and distant targets that tend to irk me (like the guy on the automatic grenade launcher in 'VIP 2 is down.' Brown goes in first when it's HOT in there. The pig tends to shut badguys up in a hurry.

It's a burrito, boss!

HECHO IN MEXICO!

Man I guess I use my team a HECK of alot if I am over 250 team commands.

Yeah I dont know how they come up with the efficiancy percentage.

I average about 200 or more commands per level. I have only had 2 maps where I reached 100%.

I have found the Tac Map refreshing in this game. Ive heard a few moans about it, but I actually love it.

I made a very nice fraps video of how I take out Machine gun nests, to show my friends. (reminds me I need to show them). The biggerst problem I see people doing is only giving the attack command and think the Ghost will track down the enemy you want dead.

I have found the best way, is to give multiple waypoints (up to 10 or more to keep them in cover), to a position where they can see the enemy from a corner or covered location, and give the attack order as the last command. Then I usually set myself in a position to flank the enemy as they are distracted by my crew. This works honestly about about 95% of the time, and I usually get high markins in the stats afterwards, unless i lose a man, but even then i have scored pretty high.

Overall - I use it alot, as I love teamwork, and this is the first game where the AI actualy feel like they are apart of my team, instead of a def mute who has the same uniform as me.

I use my team as much as i can. But I don''t like to get them killed so mostly I'll walk the most dangerous stretches and have them cover my back, spot spawning enemy's or so. Sometimes I ask Allen to eliminate a sniper for me.

Sometimes i have to leave my squad alone and fix situations myself.

i give about 20/30 orders per mission, and score about 40% effciency

don't give orders when i am scouting ahead (gives the best feel for me)

usually i walk up front and leave them at a certain point that i know is save, then when i find a possible hot spot i make them go in or take cover positions

on few occations i use then to open a gap so i can walk/ run to savety and set out an attack from there

I average about 200 or more commands per level. I have only had 2 maps where I reached 100%.

I have found the Tac Map refreshing in this game. Ive heard a few moans about it, but I actually love it.

I made a very nice fraps video of how I take out Machine gun nests, to show my friends. (reminds me I need to show them). The biggerst problem I see people doing is only giving the attack command and think the Ghost will track down the enemy you want dead.

I have found the best way, is to give multiple waypoints (up to 10 or more to keep them in cover), to a position where they can see the enemy from a corner or covered location, and give the attack order as the last command. Then I usually set myself in a position to flank the enemy as they are distracted by my crew. This works honestly about about 95% of the time, and I usually get high markins in the stats afterwards, unless i lose a man, but even then i have scored pretty high.

Overall - I use it alot, as I love teamwork, and this is the first game where the AI actualy feel like they are apart of my team, instead of a def mute who has the same uniform as me.

GOOD post, and I agree the teamwork is really one of the top spotlights of this game, and I like using them in that manner.

Like I said above the AI has really, Really impressed me a many times.

I guess the only change that I would like to see is the ability to have the Ghosts crouch or be a little bit more tactical in their movements.

Sometimes they run out TOO far past where I want them, and sometimes they standup and the whole earth can see their position.

Perhaps GRIN could add that where they crouch a bit more.

Well I think you get the drift of what I'm saying, :P

DD

Edited by DeathDealer71