Ubi maps form previous games

Dimz_RR

Honestly, with how hard it would be to convert maps (what with each one having a different format and all) from any game into GRAW, you'd be better off remaking them yourself. Games like Raven Shield and UT2004 would work better since they're on the same engine, but since GRAW is on its own, you'd have to go thru the mess of converting, exporting, importing, resizing, etc etc.

Edited by Nutlink

its a clever idea mate and without insulting you im sure people have thought of it already....and possibly the reason none have been released is its more difficult that it 1st appears.

would be very interesting to see how GR handles more indoor action as appose to the outside, the obvous drawback is it turns GR into more of a ravenshield game.

the basic idea of ghost is barely hanging on even with the stock release of the game, advanced warfighter uses a massively smaller area than any other game in the GR series. with the limitations on graphical draw distances on high, medium and low textures it serously limits the sizes of maps. even perticular objects such as tunnels and sewer entrances have an even lower draw distance and dissappear leaving holes.

saying that the sheer quality of the graphics engine and how the guys put the thing together has to be commended, im sure that even if the engine can handle creating large maps as seen in the GR series the engine cannot possibly render that amount of detail at a high quality so we are defunked to the draw distance which is the solution and the cause of the problem.

i hope to see the guys at GRIN sort this out but i fear its a problem that is unsolvable even by the best of the best.

yes, i will get an ok before i do anyhting public , but as long as anything you make with this graw editor is still their intellectual property , i dont see why we couldnt transfer assets to another of their games ?

Yeah, Neutron and I thought the same thing when we worked on Frostbite. He fired off a letter to RSE requesting permission to use one single texture for a pine tree with snow on it. It was declined as the game is still sold on the shelves.