training map (is it possible)

blinky

i was thinking about creating a kind of shooting range (like in americas army) were targest rise and fall and if shot give you a point (like if you killed some one). i was wondering if it was possible to script this and have the targets rise in a random order. also i wish to create another training map where your in a urban setting and red targets kind of move around and pop out from behind falls and stuff(would this be possible to?)

thanks

i was thinking about creating a kind of shooting range (like in americas army) were targest rise and fall and if shot give you a point (like if you killed some one). i was wondering if it was possible to script this and have the targets rise in a random order. also i wish to create another training map where your in a urban setting and red targets kind of move around and pop out from behind falls and stuff(would this be possible to?)

thanks

I like the urban target pratice idea..

the map and the dynamic contents are not a problem, the random routines might be..but the coming dxe decompiler should solve those too

im kind of new to this editor stuff. i read the tut on how to import modles but it didnt make sence to me. how do u get the .xml files and how do u change them for the like matierial.xml and the modle.xml? sooo confused (also how do you tell the games to view the targets as a kind of ai so that you get points for shooting it (also like health lvls so all shots count as a one shot kill) sorry if these are complete noob questions :(

it works like this:

-you're supposed to unbundle the .bundle files

-the editor is an assembler for 3d contents

-custom 3d contents are created in 3dsmax

-custom 3d contents need both a materials.xml and a "nameofthe3dcustomcontent".xml (you have to manually write these 2 files in an xml editor, copy-pasting from existing ones used in the game, it's quite easy after a few times)

-most of the advanced proprieties are inside .xml files

-other few but important things are controlled by dxe scripts

about your idea:

if I were you, I'll start by looking at the xml of the street signals, (coz you don't need a complex AI) they go down when hit..

also you need to create a few events in the mission.xml (eg: to record every time you hit one of them..)

so it should be a little total conversion, but I'm not a scripter so I'm just guessing..

in conclusion you should have everything you need to make it happen, the only problem is if you can make it happen ;)

i was wondering if you could send me a file that you have done so i can understand how all the peices fit together?

email:blinky_57@hotmail.com

I think you should take one step at a time, otherwise things will get really confusing, I would sit down and re-read the tutorials and ask specific questions on them until you get the hang of it! then move on to more advanced tasks!:)

i was wondeirng if someone could specify where exactly the .dds texture file is called upon in either the materials.xml , or in the texture_scope.xml , or any other file , i imported a terrain mesh , and it was see thru .

Edited by Dimz_RR

i was wondeirng if someone could specify where exactly the .dds texture file is called upon in either the materials.xml , or in the texture_scope.xml , or any other file , i imported a terrain mesh , and it was see thru .

its specifed in the materials.xml it has like just a few lines of text in it so it shouldnt be that hard to find.

ok i got the target signs into graw but when i try and place them graw map editor crashes. what have i done wrong? if u want i can post the codes to.

as I said in the other thread, I need more info. xml code, crash messages, perhaps a screenshot of the hierachy in 3dsmax.

• 4 weeks later...

I've created a similar version of the training map in gr1 for G.R.A.W.

So far only hamhill and deathmatch are available at my clan website

downloads page http://home.indy.rr.com/grimclan

img56.jpg

img57.jpg

img58.jpg

If anyone knows how I can improve the graphics in the game where walls overlap each other I would be greatful for the information.

Edited by GRIM-GENERAL

• 2 weeks later...