Ok GRIN, Is replays somewhere in one of the patches.

Ok. Seen the plans on whats to be done over the summer for GRAW. But did not see anything in there about Replays being available. Is this something else you guys are working on so that gaming leagues and try to keep this game alive or what. I know there aere some glitches and hard to catch without them. Us admins for gaming leagues get asked but can not answer. http://leagues.bq-gaming.com/GRAW/ really needs to have some kind of idea please.

Ok. Seen the plans on whats to be done over the summer for GRAW. But did not see anything in there about Replays being available. Is this something else you guys are working on so that gaming leagues and try to keep this game alive or what. I know there aere some glitches and hard to catch without them. Us admins for gaming leagues get asked but can not answer. http://leagues.bq-gaming.com/GRAW/ really needs to have some kind of idea please.

I highly doubt it bro, as it has been said multiple times it would consume way to much bandwidth to record GR:AW gameplay. Apparently GR:AW consumes a significant amount pretty much by itself without adding the recording feature.

If UBI didn't say it would be included, it most likely won't be. They would pretty much state everything they expect to be included and "glorify" it while doing so. Unless Grin does this on their own. I doubt we will ever see replays.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

Are we talking about client side replays, or server side? I can see client side being a huge issue, but would it still be an issue to have cserver side like theer was in [GR]?

I really have no clue about this sorta stuff, so im just asking. But it seems to me, when dedicated server files come out, it would be easier this way.

My guess is a definate No. Mind you they said AA couldn't be acheived in the game, ah saying that, never mind.

Well...technically they gave you "AA". Albeit nothing more than an antique version of image blur that you can use in an old version of photoshop. You did recieve the offbrand version of it. Thats all Im saying about everything else. Just dont get your hopes up. They may do everything they can. But, I`ll gurantee it will never be what you guys expect it to be. Not even TDM. I mean, ######, they gave us DM first. Then ubi again "glorified" it saying thats what we allllll wanted.

Ubisoft even called it "AA" they said. We will be delivering AA to the games content in the summer. Sure its a form of AA but its not actually what we know AA to be. Everything they say is always "modified" so the way they speak of GR:AW now doesnt make me very excited. If you have bought alot and followed UBI games before you should know what Im talking about.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

If it hasn't already been identified as an upcoming update, then I highly doubt it. I'm sure it WOULD work as a server-side option (as in the [GR] replays), but it's NOT a priority. Remember what the GRiN crew are hard at work on:

Wider game compatability (more video cards, processors, etc. can play it)

Shutting up whiny MP geeks( the modes we really want, etc.)

Fixing glitches (and they see more of them than we do, sometimes fixed before we get around to whining about them)

Maybe in the WAY DOWN THE ROAD future we could see it from Ubi and GRiN, but for right now, why don't you MODDERS get on it? Is there a way to do it?

...but it's NOT a priority...

You joking right?

OK, not that I'm in the know of what the GRiN guys are really up to over there, but I read a little here and there. And I get how it makes sense.

In one hand, you have the time and resources to fix some identified bugs and glitches, like the distance-view bug.

In the other hand, you have the time and resources to write, test, debug, and distribute a NEW server-side game recorder.

WHICH do you think they're gonna do if they can't accomplish BOTH at once? Fix the product or add more potentially glitchy stuff to a glitchy product?

C'mon, guys, Quality Control/Assurance was a big hit in the 80's and has been ever since. First priority, get the product RIGHT. I'm sure we can bug those guys about recorders later, once most fo the debugging is finished and the game's hardware audience has been expanded as far as it can.

Further, I'd be TRULY disappointed if I found that was a project in the works while our TvT goes on the backburner. Wouldn't you?

Edited by RAbbi_74

...but it's NOT a priority...

You joking right?

OK, not that I'm in the know of what the GRiN guys are really up to over there, but I read a little here and there. And I get how it makes sense.

In one hand, you have the time and resources to fix some identified bugs and glitches, like the distance-view bug.

In the other hand, you have the time and resources to write, test, debug, and distribute a NEW server-side game recorder.

WHICH do you think they're gonna do if they can't accomplish BOTH at once? Fix the product or add more potentially glitchy stuff to a glitchy product?

C'mon, guys, Quality Control/Assurance was a big hit in the 80's and has been ever since. First priority, get the product RIGHT. I'm sure we can bug those guys about recorders later, once most fo the debugging is finished and the game's hardware audience has been expanded as far as it can.

Further, I'd be TRULY disappointed if I found that was a project in the works while our TvT goes on the backburner. Wouldn't you?

Good points...It is sad that UBI put them in this position. They should have given GRIN more time. The fact that GRIN is now playing catch up to finish the MP side of things means we will probably not see some of these 'extra' features that should have been included in a completed game.

It is painfully obvious by now that MP was an afterthought...at least in relation to the features that we expected, especially in comparison to other MP games, both from other studios as well as past Tom Clancy games.

While I believe replays are important for ladder competition, I think there is more important features needed first to put MP into a completed status, such as Admin Options, TDM, Dedicated Servers, a decent Anti-Cheat solution, etc., etc.

And no post from grin. Not a surprize.

Which part of there(grin) post here at gr.net you don't understand? They are allowed to discuss some parts of the game and some not.

I don't mean to be rude, but that is a fact.

:g_withgrin:

Be patience :g_guns:

of there(grin) post here at gr.net you don't understand? They are allowed to discuss some parts of the game and some not.

I don't mean to be rude, but that is a fact.

Be patience :g_guns:

I'm sorry mate, but I don't UNDERSTAND what ever it was you tried to write just then! Do I have to get out my YODA DECODER ring!?!

replays would not be that taxing. all that is needed to be recorded is player position, direction of view, shooting or not, direction of bullet travel, reloading or not, picked up ammo or not, and then let the client watching the replay recreate the physics and gameplay.

replays are needed but i would say better server tools and the ability to ban by cd key/ip address. what's the big deal if we can catch cheaters but not ban them?

Why not do this while we wait... Make it a league rule everyone must record game via fraps. All fraps movies must be submitted at end of match to TCZ or the opponent.

How big/resource hogging is fraps movies?

Just a thought to get us by That way every player has the game recorded.

Why not do this while we wait... Make it a league rule everyone must record game via fraps. All fraps movies must be submitted at end of match to TCZ or the opponent.

How big/resource hogging is fraps movies?

Just a thought to get us by That way every player has the game recorded.

Fraps will kill most PCs out there that are not high end. You can set the minimum fps you get in game inside fraps, but the drop you get is still pretty huge. When I record in SP i drop from around 45 fps to about 29ish, so someone running the game at 29 fps will see a huge drop and not be able to play the game.

I wonder if there is a way to maybe just have it record in wireframe. Im not saying like the true wireframe where you can see every line in the map, but more like the wireframe used in the Cross Comm. Only things that would need to be changed is the fact that it would have to show the actual player in frame and not just a diamond. I would also suggest that the color of the players body be filled in with one solid color, different colors for each team.

I know that idea would not be popular, not even sure if it is possible, but Im just throwing it around, to see if there is an answer out there. but if it was possible, it would be better than nothing.

The problem with game recorders is they take up way to much space. I think for even a low fps recording setting it takes about 100megs per minute. In a 10min game thats pushing a gig of data. Do you expect everyone to upload a gig each time they finish a match. Or, go through the process of re-encoding everything in divx. This simply wont work.