[why doesn't PC version look as good as 360 ?]

Mourge

Is anything known why the PC version doesnt look as good as the xbox 360 version when you have better video card power than the 360 and plus it doesnt have as many features as xbox 360 so why is it like this?

PC is for spread sheets and email..... :P

Xbox360 is a gaming machine...... :thumbsup:

Don't know the real answer...sorry...I just get very frustrated when PC gaming....I am like a retarded monkey with a mouse and keyboard...!!!

Lol, well... first of all, the PC version looks jagged most of the time because you are usually playing it on a monitor (Much clearer than a TV) and you actually have to use a tweak to get the textures on the High detail.

Not to mention, we are having lots of issues with the performance of this game on the PC. I think the likley answer is: I belive GRIN / Ubi didn't optimize it for the PC, so it runs like crap and is missing some features. That's what happens when you design a game for the Console and port it to the PC... it just doesn't work very well.

P.S. I'd take a mouse + keyboard over a controller any day! You can alighn your signs on someone tons faster with the mouse. I always end up shooting at the sky with a controller! :P

Not to mention, we are having lots of issues with the performance of this game on the PC. I think the likley answer is: I belive GRIN / Ubi didn't optimize it for the PC, so it runs like crap and is missing some features. That's what happens when you design a game for the Console and port it to the PC... it just doesn't work very well.

It wasn't a port.... far from it. PC uses completely different tech than the 360 as well as plays out a lot different.

Lol, well... first of all, the PC version looks jagged most of the time because you are usually playing it on a monitor (Much clearer than a TV) and you actually have to use a tweak to get the textures on the High detail.

P.S. I'd take a mouse + keyboard over a controller any day! You can alighn your signs on someone tons faster with the mouse. I always end up shooting at the sky with a controller! :P

I agree...a mouse is WAY more accurate than a controller...any day! The reason I like a controller is that the mouse is SO accurate it is unrealisticaly accurate.....2 the point that it becomes like a point and click flash game....lol......I like the fact that one minute I am scoped in on the enemy and then the next they have moved and I must reset my bearings and keep a track of them.......I'm not knocking PC games or mouse and keyboard users...just my 2 cents.

It wasn't a port.... far from it. PC uses completely different tech than the 360 as well as plays out a lot different.

Lol yeah that's what i was going to tell him.

PS. Maybe it's just me, but Sometimes i wish that "Red Storm" would have made the PC version of GRAW. Because the 360 version is sooooo fun!! :o=

Okay, I guess I mis-used the term "Port".

What I was trying to say was that, since they designed an XBOX, 360, PS2 and a PC version, they weren't able to optimize it as well for the PC. It runs alot different.

If you take another game that was designed specifically for the PC, it is alot more complete and runs smoother. I'm just saying that they had to try and design it for every console on the face of the earth -- and the PC one didn't turn out as well.

If you take Rainbow Six: Lockdown for example, THAT is a port of a game onto the PC. The worst Rainbow Six game I ever played :angry:

If you take Rainbow Six: Lockdown for example, THAT is a port of a game onto the PC. The worst Rainbow Six game I ever played :angry:

The best R6 game for me :)

PS. Maybe it's just me, but Sometimes i wish that "Red Storm" would have made the PC version of GRAW. Because the 360 version is sooooo fun!! 2gun.gif

Lockdown is by RSE :thumbsup:

Answer: It's simple when developers are designing a game or any application on a PC they have to make it work on wide variety of configurations. Some people have $1000 video cards and a crap load of RAM, but a lot people don't.... so they end up developing somewhere middle of the line. But, when it comes to console gaming the specs are set and it can be easier to develope GREAT GAMES.

Edited by Wikkid666

• 3 weeks later...

Is anything known why the PC version doesnt look as good as the xbox 360 version when you have better video card power than the 360 and plus it doesnt have as many features as xbox 360 so why is it like this?

PC is for spread sheets and email..... :P

Xbox360 is a gaming machine...... :thumbsup:

Don't know the real answer...sorry...I just get very frustrated when PC gaming....I am like a retarded monkey with a mouse and keyboard...!!!

if thats the case why dont they release more simulator games then :wall:

I just got an Xbox 360 today(sunday-08/06/06) with GRAW of course and a 3 other games, GRAW was why I wanted an Xbox 360.

I can say that I am really happy with the quality of GRAW on the Xbox 360 which could be because I am playing GRAW on my LCD projector on a 80in widescreen screen compared to GRAW on my pc on a 19in monitor, now talking about playing a game - WOW! I would say after only 3 hours of playing GRAW on Xbox 360 on my LCD projector on a 80in widescreen screen I have a killer headache and it is worth it.

Everything with GRAW on the Xbox 360 is different, and the difference is good. I would not say better, and the only reason is that I have been playing games on my pc for past few years more then I have on a console. So the toughest part I am having is with the controller/gamepad as I more used to a mouse/keyboard combo. Also my last console was a Playstation 2 which I have had since the Playstation 2 came out but I haven't played it in the past few years, and the way of controlling game has changed alot now with the Xbox 360, as it seems to be alittle more difficult and some getting used to.

I have had GRAW on the PC since the day it come out, so with the issues/problems that it is having I think that I will play GRAW on the Xbox 360 alot more now that is until GRAW for pc will ever be fixed(patched) properly.

All I got to say is game on!!! :gun:

ghstbstr :alien:

Edited by ghstbstr