1.20 PATCH

Perhaps GRIN should let everyone know what their tests platform is, because my system sucks with this game

AMD 4400+ (CPU runs at 28C)

DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR (latest drivers including network chip)

2 GB OCZ Ram

e-VGA 7600GT Video (latest drivers)

High Speed Net Connection (10Mb Down, 1 MB Up, tested and verified)

Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card (latest drivers)

Seagate SATA 300GB HDD

LiteOn DVD Burner (latest Bios)

Windows XP Pro SP2, latest build with all updates.

Drops during game, especially lobby where CPU pins 100% while either respawning, or waiting for new game, what could possibly be driving the CPU to 100% when nothing is happening. As I listen to my mates on TeamSpeak, I can hear one after another getting dropped.

Drops with errors on Maps (dammit I have same versions of customs as the rest, allows play for a couple of minutes, then dumps you) indicates ALTERED FILES.

Takes forever to load game... first Loading screen (12 secs or more), then Black Screen, maybe up to 20 secs, then if you are lucky, you connect, if you are really lucky you connect before someone has died and you can start with 0 deaths

Random Crashes

Sometimes it recognizes the CD-ROM, sometimes Securom has a fit (isn't the COPY PROTECTION suppose to be transparent to the user, and not ruin their game play. Even tried changing my DVD to PIO from DMA, to no avail, dumbass CopyProtection).

Are there major problems with DUAL CORE, should we be using the Affinity setting? Should I go back to my old AMD 2500 that I can overclock to 3200, and buy a new video card.

This could be a fantastic game, but if this keeps up much longer, the gamer community will bail on this and look for the next FPS. Sad when I consider how much time my mates are spending developing custom maps for this.

So it begs the question, are your test staff qualified? Do they have a range of systems to test on (assuming of course that we are not your test systems).

:wall:

Perhaps GRIN should let everyone know what their tests platform is, because my system sucks with this game

AMD 4400+ (CPU runs at 28C)

DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR (latest drivers including network chip)

2 GB OCZ Ram

e-VGA 7600GT Video (latest drivers)

High Speed Net Connection (10Mb Down, 1 MB Up, tested and verified)

Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card (latest drivers)

Seagate SATA 300GB HDD

LiteOn DVD Burner (latest Bios)

Windows XP Pro SP2, latest build with all updates.

So it begs the question, are your test staff qualified? Do they have a range of systems to test on (assuming of course that we are not your test systems).

:wall:

There had been some discussion early on about what the patches were fixing versus what the community WANTS to see in the game. along with addressing known bugs and crashes, and trying to address long-term additions such as new MP modes and dedicated server files, the GRiN guys are hard at work making this game as widely playable as they can. That means, yeah they're broadening the variety of diffferent components with which the game will be compatable. Nothing happens overnight, and the GRiN crew got shafted BIGTIME on the development suspense, but the game is coming along bit by bit, and will eventually be as close to what we want as realistically possible, while also as widely compatable as is feasible for the engine and physics requirements (my sore spot). Two words:

"Patience, Willow."

*sigh* I've been trying to keep as positive a spin on this game as I can. I've been suggesting it to all my friends - and have even bought 2 copies for myself. (Wife and I)

But my clanmates and I have started to get bummed out. We're starting to loose members to other games. It's just not fun anymore, with all these bugs and issues that are popping up.

I still try and play atleast an hour everyday - it's not much, but more than what I have time for.

I don't know anymore. I'm praying things get better.

Two things:

Figure out a way to allow FX cards to run this game.

RELEASE DED. SERVERFILES.

Those two things, albeit large ones, would be huge.

I am an ATi guy but when 2/3 of the world is nvidia, you better take care of your customers.

Two things:

Figure out a way to allow FX cards to run this game.

RELEASE DED. SERVERFILES.

Those two things, albeit large ones, would be huge.

I am an ATi guy but when 2/3 of the world is nvidia, you better take care of your customers.

Are you guys at BDA running Graw-Ladder? Tell Breeze to shut it off and see if your problems go away with the anticheat.

In the tech support thread i have a thread on testing different ways to make it work but for now i think it's the solution... Don't quote me though as I am STILL testing it to verify.

You know what this means then... IT'S NOT GRIN'S FAULT.

Besides that the 1.20 patch has caused no issues for me nor our server. (our error was Altered game files also until i moved the ladder program's affinity to the virtual CPU (hyperthreading)

Watch my thread for confimation as after i reset the server we only had up to 9 in ... so it has FULLY been confirmed...

I know how BDA feels, When running the game or map editor my cpu runs up to 100% and I am on a FX-57 processor. This game really needs a new make-over. No offense, but some people here are too optimistic over this game and with GRiN, even when progress hasn't been made (except fixing anti-cheat dc, nothing special). I try being optimistic nevertheless previous patches still haven't rekindle my interests to play GRAW again. I play for 10 minutes then anxiously quit the game and jump back on BF2/Raven Shield.

I know how BDA feels, When running the game or map editor my cpu runs up to 100% and I am on a FX-57 processor. This game really needs a new make-over. No offense, but some people here are too optimistic over this game and with GRiN, even when progress hasn't been made (except fixing anti-cheat dc, nothing special). I try being optimistic nevertheless previous patches still haven't rekindle my interests to play GRAW again. I play for 10 minutes then anxiously quit the game and jump back on BF2/Raven Shield.

strange, I have an athlon X2 and usually I run the editor, 3dsmax,photoshop and firefox and I skip between them..the 2 cpu work together and share the job without problems :blink:

how many processes do your pc run after the start up?

I'd just like to add, that the type of hardware you have is only half the battle. Many PC users fail to understand that a PC is something that has to be maintaned, just like oh lets say a car.

Though, I'm not saying that you arn't taking good care of your PC, I wouldn't know but it might be something you want to look at.

I'd just like to add, that the type of hardware you have is only half the battle. Many PC users fail to understand that a PC is something that has to be maintaned, just like oh lets say a car.

Though, I'm not saying that you arn't taking good care of your PC, I wouldn't know but it might be something you want to look at.

Most people don't understand their system anymore. I was good changing DMA and IRQ channels in my days, but now I look at software doing stuff for me. I dont try to make my system run better than it did originally. If you optimize your system for one program the other will crash... The only thing I improved was memory (2 GB instead of 1) and the game runs fine, and I don't bother trying higher settings I ve read enough to see it won't work. And I'm not a hero with computers so changes are mostly permanent, no point of return....

Start with low settings, or auto detect and then try different things just a bit higher, don't go for the bullseye before you know it is possible. Computers get old so fats nowadays, i bought mine at christmas with a decent grapohics card, and now there are at least 3 newer models around.... The only thing I took in account when I bought my system that it is upgradable so no technology which will change in the near future so you can't build in that new graphic card/processor or so.....

Besides that the 1.20 patch has caused no issues for me nor our server. (our error was Altered game files also until i moved the ladder program's affinity to the virtual CPU (hyperthreading)

I was in an OFFICIAL UBI EURO server yesterday version 1.20 and as I joined I watched an almost full server (32 players) drop to about 8 people. The reason they all got dropped in the chat box stated "altered game files" When the map changed same thing happened 80% of the playeres were dropped, myslef included this time for altered game files. Unless the UBI server is running the ladder program, I don't think that is it.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2...13/m/5821082064

I was in an OFFICIAL UBI EURO server yesterday version 1.20 and as I joined I watched an almost full server (32 players) drop to about 8 people. The reason they all got dropped in the chat box stated "altered game files" When the map changed same thing happened 80% of the playeres were dropped, myslef included this time for altered game files. Unless the UBI server is running the ladder program, I don't think that is it.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2...13/m/5821082064

i am testing something else on this issue. I will know for sure once we get another full server and it it stays up. I am thinking Graw's anticheat may not like anything in Your main processor thread with it... like the recon ladder or other things. I have offloaded ours to the 2nd P4 thread (virtual processor) and i noted game response has increased and no drops with up to 8 peeps so far. I'll be updating my thread in tech support on this.

As for BDA's server, I talked to a few there, and not only are there kicks, but the server itself is having problems (memory leak and raid issue) so it may not all be the anticheat's fault as there server has had a lot of issues.

I'll keep you updated on what i find.

Yeah I have often wondered if the BDA server was adding to the problems as we seemed to have more server crashes than others with the A/C on.

However since the 1.20 patch release the A/C enabled does not appear to be causing server crashes, just the usual disconnects for "altered game files found".

I have only seen "cd key rejected" once but the "altered game files found" kicks are now happening mid game and we to are loosing handfuls of people at a time come a round or map change.

Additionally it appears that once you have experienced an altered game files kick it seems to "target" that individual throughout his whole gaming session resulting in the person getting frustrated and leaving the server with a bad taste in their mouth.

Personally I love the game and hope things get worked out soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes our way this summer; keep up the good work Grin!

Update on this... Played with around 15 for about an hour or so. Only saw one get kicked with altered game files. He was playing for a bit but got dropped. He did not return so I couldn't ask him.. maybe he did change an xml in between games... maybe not... but the anitcheat seems to no longer be kicking people ... (so far) on our server after the above. (moving recon ladder to the virtual processor through the affinity setting)

It happen to me x- times now. Its only between mapchange. I bet it can happen when the Ping raises up to 300-400 at mapchange this causes in a disconnect then while Data cant be checked.

*just an idea * :popcorn:

AMD Dual Core Optimizer

Goto the above link and try this utility and see if it helps any.

Actually, I set a restore point, then ran this utility, no improvements, but thanks for the insight. :blink:

strange, I have an athlon X2 and usually I run the editor, 3dsmax,photoshop and firefox and I skip between them..the 2 cpu work together and share the job without problems :blink:

how many processes do your pc run after the start up?

Well, my processes are as follows:

alg.ee

csrss.exe

CTHELPER.EXE (Creative)

CTSysVol.exe (Creative)

explorer.exe

lsass.exe

nvsvc32.exe (Nvidia)

rundll32.exe (Nvidia)

services.exe

smss.exe

svchost.exe (SYSTEM)

svchost.exe (NETWORK SERVICE)

svchost.exe (SYSTEM)

svchost.exe (NETWORK SERVICE)

svchost.exe (LOCAL SERVICE)

svchost.exe (SYSTEM)

System

System Idle Process

winlogon.exe

And I have tried the AMD tools referenced previously.