An ongoing bug list?

Patched to 1.20

Started internet COOP server: Map was Contact!

Started map with just myself and 3 AI Ghosts. Level was easy.

Exited from Hawk and took up cover.

However, team member 3 (AI?) seemed to be still in hawk; hawk never left and objectives never apepared on screen.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of early level scripting issues.

Coup de tat: the script block that enables the chopper landing and pilots voice over often never happens (you can make this happen by walking out of the playing area).

(Maybe part of the same bug) you go up to the roof to resupply and the tank dissapears (can be see lurking in a street to the east on the overhead). This spells game over as you are not allowed to go after it.

VIP 2 is down: after initial insertion/ firefight a convoy is supposed to appear. mostly this does not happen. can be triggered once again by leaving the playing area.

I propose that from this point forward this game is called bug hunt

We'll have to work out a points scoring system for the most interesting bugs

lets say, blue screen of death is 10 points, CTD is maybe 6 then down through the list to half a point for a mild crackling noise in one speaker!

Corporal punishment or a collision bug?

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9122/stocks2cn8.jpg

1.20, VIP2 is down, SP, in the intersection of Calle P. Picao, Calle C. Faivre, and Cuartel del Toro, 238m NE of drop point (before abort).

@Colin: This is no biggie, it doesn't affect gameplay...just me nit-picking!

Edited by noquarter

I have posted about dead soldiers still showing in the cross com, but its in another thread. I don't ahve any screenshots of it or anything :-/

As you can imagine, it got confusing in the square with the machine gun in coup d'etat. So far, i've yet to play with anyone who looks through their team mates eyes, (unless they are dead that is) in order to call out the location of the red diamonds. So nobody seemed to notice.

I don't know if this happens in all maps, but it happened in coup d'etat and ready for bear.

Mission: VIP 2 Down

Description: I was hosting with 3 client players. One of us gets killed before even being able to rope down at the insertion. (Could we not be invincible here until we fast rope down?) I'm the first one down. Once I hit the ground I hear the next player begin to rope down. The fast roping sound gets stuck in a continuous loop. (This is something that happens way too often!) GRAW crashes to the desktop a few seconds later. Error message below.

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.20

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecooperative.dsf(-1): GametypeCooperative::from_client_unit_use_seat(), unable to change mod to seated without one of unit: <Unit> vehicle: align_name: enter_stop_right_front

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecooperative.dsf(0)

I was about to make contact with the Tank Crew when I "ran over" a dead enemy and now I'm tangled stuck.

Any solutions?

Just wanted to add this bug. <_<

tangledyp5.th.jpg

I'm at the bottom right screen, laying down with my head in the concrete wall of the ramp.

This is why we need that soul switching so I can bump myself out of these situations, i.e. GR1 behind the door got stuck scenario.

update: I can hear the flies swarming on my stuck Captain...nice job Grin_Desmond :grin1: I thought it was inside my room, sound too realistic. <_<

During the Tank battle in Ready for Bear...I had a CTD with following errors:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.16

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: damage_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\levels\mission06\mission06.dsf(0)

Mods running are:

Agent_Smiths More Blood

Vth F Smiths Realism Mod.

Ok, i went into one of the UBI dedicated servers. It was a Hamburger Hill game. The map was i beleive to be The Hollow. First time i was only in for about 1 minute and got this.....

crashtodesktopgc6.th.jpg

Game completely shuts down. So i bring it back up and try again. This time i stay in for about 4 mins...got some kills and bam...i get it again.......

yetanothercrashwn3.th.jpg

Patch 1.21 (sorry for my poor english)

* When I'm hiding in a guard tower, the enemy players can see my shadow on the ground outside, even if I'm very well hidden and repaired from any spots of light.

* There's a resp point in the map "The Cape" where the soldier respawn from a too high zone

and fall down hurting himself badly.

* When I try to exit from the game, the game freezes showing me only a black screen. I have to use the task manager to kill the graw.exe process. Sometimes, when i click exit, the game crashes and freeze my computer. Happened every time I ran the game today.

My configuration:

AMD Athlon 3200+@2700MHz

1GB RAM

GeForce 7800 GT 256MB

Latest NVIDIA drivers on Windows 2000 SP4.

During the Tank battle in Ready for Bear...I had a CTD with following errors:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.16

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: damage_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\levels\mission06\mission06.dsf(0)

Mods running are:

Agent_Smiths More Blood

Vth F Smiths Realism Mod.

Looks like it's AI-based, because look at the path: units\ai. Upgrade to the latest version of F. Smith's Mod, and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Agent Smith

With the latest 1.21 patch I'm sad to say that the crashing still continues for me. I was hosting the mission, "VIP 2 Down" just a bit ago. My team was taken out prematurely, so I decided to kill myself. The server never took us back to the pre-game lobby after this. The game decided to CTD instead. Error message is below.

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.21

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypelobby.dsf(-1): cant find member: _id in type <void>

Prior to this crash we were trying to play the mission, "Mayday! Mayday!" with the "Skip insertion" feature enabled. After two tries we had to choose a different mission to play. Each time I tried to host this mission the first objective would not be given after everyone exited the helo at the insertion. Edited by Low Profile

This glitch appears with most of the 9600 series cards (from v1.00 to v1.21), the not so transparent foliage:

grawdemo2006042722433929is7.th.jpg

Any chance this will be (or can be) fixed? :unsure:

I got this bug texture on my x600..its really bad...cant see trhu trees..

Palm trees are ok tough..its the foliage and grass the problem.....If I knew before I would have bought another card.. :angry:

Is this bug was mentionned somewhere? :angry::angry:

Befor ethe release of GRAW?

Pffff. :o=

I still crashed on VIP2 and Norad....

Pilots still wont jump in tanks... :wall:

Teammates stiil runnin on spot...

Last time was on Avenues playin TDM... :huh:

Its been to the point that im more scared to ''launch'' a game

than gettin hit in game. :wall:

Another thing..

Friends got disconnected yesterday with an ''invalid key'' message.

People that I used to play with and have retail version.

:wall::angry::o=

Crap.

In Bulldog Mission, I was on the way to extraction with the General, when I noticed on my map, that there was 2 ppl following me. I look back and saw that there were two Generals.

Both boarded the helo, I tried capturing a screenshot, but I didn't know how to do a screencapture with GRAW.

I thought that was a funny bug. :rolleyes:

Update: Damn, it happens again:

twogeneralssi3.th.jpg :blink:

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

PATCH 1.21 bug

DeathCAM OverView [incorrect position]

The Deathcam overview should be centred from the map editor Zones.xml WHITE BOARDERS BOX, but it is not, it is OFF-SET on every map [even GRins] if the map uses

an area outside the original BOARDERS BOX.

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG, because every time you goto

overview DEATHCAM mode it is useless

Tie in the overview cam to the BOARDERS BOUNDING BOX from zones.xml

viii

p.s.

original boarders <borders tl="-10000 10000 5000" br="10000 -10000 5000"/>

and don't mess up the negatives !!!

1.21 BUG

Grin another little problem noticed as I was working on a new map....

The Deathcam mode, when you are dead, is no good if the map is night ie. MISSION 5

and all the players are using NIGHT VISION. The deathcam does not allow the viewer to switch on NIGHT VISION, because of this any map played in night vision will end up being BLACK and totally useless to view....

PLEASE FIX for NEXT PATCH....

Also would it be possible to have the

CHAT BOX in DEATH CAM MODE

ANY CHANCE OF SNIPERS VIEW TO SHOW ZOOM in VIEW...

viii

Don't really know if this is a bug or connection issue..... when there is a map change in multiplayer, I keep getting a connection failed message.... used to happen occasionally when 1.21 first came out, but it is now happening more frequently, it's really bugging the s*** outta me!!! any known hardware issues out there that could be at fault.....

abit kn8 sli

amd 64 3500+ (not OC'd)

evga 7600 GT-KO (drivers up to date)

2 gigs OCZ mem

3com 3C2000-T network adaptor

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

XP-Pro 64

Game Spy problem maybe?

Edited by MP-Ridge

1.21-SP- Bulldog

entryglitch12zc7.th.jpg

At the south entrance of the west wall of the cemetary there appears to be a "dead zone" starting approx. 1'AGL and ending at 4'AGL and about 4' wide starting roughly from the south edge of the entrance. You can walk thru no problem, you just can't shoot thru it in either direction (that RPG'r to the right of the reticle could'nt engage me). It doesn't affect gameplay in SP but could be an issue in MP (if it exists there as well).

And what's up with that decal on the dumpster?

P4(p),3.4(HT)2GB(PC2-4200),geforce 6800GTO,audigy2