Is SP dead?

Hey all,

Okay... opinion time: Is SP dead, dying or just dormant?

I think one of the strong points of [GR] was the SP play. I'm not seeing as much SP support in GRAW (past the built-in content out of the box, of course)... but the emphasis is clearly on MP.

I'd love to hear your thoughts... am I close, or am I going to be eating crow? :P

-jk

Callsign 3Point

It's all a matter of perspective, each person will say something different, some will say the same things.

The real question you need to ask yourself is... "Is it dead for me?" :)

Not meant to be inflammatory or derogatory in any sense. Just making a philosophical observation. :)

It's as dead as the dodo but isn't all games like this? You run through single player a few times all the way through and you're done. You then can try out coop and multiplayer.

No, I thinks it's alive and presents a good challege for persons playing the game on different difficulties.

For me I am taking my sweet time. And I am sure people will come out with new maps.

DD

Hey all,

I think one of the strong points of [GR] was the SP play. I'm not seeing as much SP support in GRAW (past the built-in content out of the box, of course)... but the emphasis is clearly on MP.

I'd love to hear your thoughts... am I close, or am I going to be eating crow? :P

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I believe that Grin is taking care of the MP first, because there aren't many complaining about the SP. I am only a SP player and I enjoy this game alot. It does need some work, but it is very good as is. Hopefully, Grin will read these post and do more for the SP as well as the MP.

:stupid:

:stupid: (We need a "Agree on this post" pic)

Besides, after the 1.16 patch the AI is the greatest :P

:stupid: Me, too!

I am virtually 100% SP. With [GR] I played online a bit but usually just played by hosting a game myself with just a few close friends here in Phoenix. I still play [GR] in SP perhaps every other day. I see GRAW and its MP capabilities and wonder if GRIN will come back with more SP support for modders, etc. I might change my mind on GRAW if there were 3rd party SP maps/campaigns.

Thanks for not flaming me (too bad)... I am very interested in how many people are like me and focus heavily on SP after the "out of box" campaign is finished.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

SP isnt dead... most people play it when they first buy a game ... and very few players play it again after they beat it. What makes a PC game last is MP... simple as that. People have differing opinions on which games are best but the obvious ones that remain around after years are because of MP play. examples: [GR], R6 series (excluding LD), Battlefield series, even the UT series (although I think the original UT was by far the best)...

SPs could be built like many consoles versions but MPs should be nothing of the sort...

Even away from PC, if you thought about an XBOX game that has standing for a long time... the only one that comes to mind is Halo2... Its because it is built for MP... Nearly all the other console games might as well be rented....

The next big PC game will be the one that has nothing to do with a console and everything to do with being built primarily as an MP game...

My Humble Opinion of course ;)

SP is far from dead. It is perhaps the mode with the largest number of players compared to Co-op and TvT. We just need a ( mission + map ) editor for getting mods regularly and a firefight mode with random enemy placements and the enemy number adjustable by us. Then, we can go on playing till the mission pack comes out. Grin has given us an awesome SP campaign.

Let the 'SP-mainly' players unite in this thread. :P ( Though, I guess, they are so busy playing the game that they are not visiting the forum )

Since the patch 1.16 the AI tend to kill coop player far more easly. That can be a good thing in a way.

But in a way thats a really bad thing, because if you are the host and you are good, that does not mean other will be, so they all die and leave the game.... then you are alone.

So i stoped play coop even if thats nearly the only reason i bought GRAW..... I will wait for respawn, for the editor to be coop capable and for the game to have a download from serve thing so that it doesn't end end in a mess of "files don't match"

I hope it isnt. I'm enjoying the single player campain at the moment, but i can see where you're coming from. At the moment I'm up to Quarterback mission and i have the same fear as what happens when I've completed GRAW.....it can be such a good game i dont want it to end!

Agent Smith its reassuring to read that comment about Modders as ive already sampled your current mod so i hope that you and others are working on something for the SP side of things :)

Did the SP community benefit in any way from the new 1.20 patch?

Long Live GRAW!

I am going through a second time and trying new plans, some work, some are a disaster. The release of dedi server files and new coop options will open up coop. An expansion pack in a different environment will be great. The thing that will extend GRAW in SP are modded missions, so a mission editor combined with user made maps will make for a lot of playability.

I had started a topic on GR:AW Chapter 2 for 360, if that could be in be in the future for the SP? I haven't revisited the thread, so I am not sure if it had many "hits". I am hopeful that UBI would give the PC palyer the same courtesy as they have given the console player. Hopefully, GRIN will be used for any expansion packs, ala GR1.

:P Thanks to everyone for your thoughts so far. Well, I feel like I'm not the only "Primary SP" guy out there anymore! :)

I agree... getting SP editors / tools into the hands of modders would be a BIG first step to perhaps helping GRAW along in acceptance. I'm still not sold on the basic game itself, but being able to download new campaigns/maps/etc might help.

Given GRAW's dedicated urban theme, would it even be possible to do a new SP campaign in new territories like desert / forest? Is it just needing new textues, or are there aspects of GRAW that lock it into the urban format?

I'm (obviously) not a modder so I ask for me, and for those that don't even know they have a question yet. :P

Keep the ideas coming... I like hearing from the MP guys, too. If you're hardcore MP, do you ever play SP once the "in the box" content is done, or are you 100% MP?

-jk

callsign 3Point

:P Thanks to everyone for your thoughts so far. Well, I feel like I'm not the only "Primary SP" guy out there anymore! :)

;) There's a lot more of us SP gamers than you might think.

Good to hear it. It's hard to think that you're the only one, but reading the posts here clearly the emphasis is on MP.

Perhaps the NEXT patch/fix/update/download/whatever from GRIN will have the SP tools. I've never made my own map but that might get me motivated to try.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Hey all,

-jk

Callsign 3Point

SP dead? Nada.... I'm playing and lovin every minute of it... Can't wait for coop to explode into high gear...