Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again a dumb idea as even though that old plugin might allow you to save .rsb's that ain't of "power of 2" dimensions but it won't matter once the texture is used ingame, it will still take up an equal amount of memory blocks that your next "available" "power of 2" texture would.

Game engines are very perticular about that.

So, just start off making sure your textures have proper dimensions or simply change their size to proper dimensions before you export it as an .rsb

Q&A about power of 2

How about the Rainbow Six .rsb plug in? I tried that out and it didnt complain about the dimensions and I used it for the WA2000 so I know it'll show up in-game. Any drawbacks to this?

Do the way you prefer, if it works go ahead, no worries. :thumbsup:

Finished the Bren configuration for the M-96, the render can be found on the website (see signature) or on the Mod DB page linked above. I might also add that the Bren configuration of the M-96 features the magazine on top of the weapon (versus on the bottom of the rifle as normal), this means that the bren configuration will feature higher accuracy when prone since the magazine doesn't dig into the ground.

Also, I have completed the weapons modeling (with the exception of the FN F2000 &

FN SCAR-L due to technical difficulties) so I will begin .gun scripting and will be posting screenshots when I get some of those done.

Edited by Rifle_001
  • 1 month later...

As those of you who read the news on my website already know, I couldn't get the hi res textures to show up in the game (while the other textures such as lenses and silencers showed up perfectly) so I have had to use the same textures but ones that aren't quite as detailed. So, because of this I decided to make the SCAR-L version with the supressor a seperate version than that of the original version without the silencer. Check out the render either on my website or on the Mod DB page for the Rifles of the World mod. Also I have completed most all of the .GUN scripting and I am starting to make the kit icons now (which will only take me a few days to complete) and then I will start sound searching.

I have finished my kit icons and made the first kit, but when I get into the game and to the loadout screen, instead of seeing the names of the weapons (in this case the AS50) I see the error: "!find key". What's causing this problem and how do I fix it?

I have finished my kit icons and made the first kit, but when I get into the game and to the loadout screen, instead of seeing the names of the weapons (in this case the AS50) I see the error: "!find key". What's causing this problem and how do I fix it?

just curious did you put the name in the strings file?

• 3 weeks later...

As most of you probably already know, I have pretty much finished the mod and all I need to do now is get the sounds and polish up a few of the models (texture work, for the most part). So, if you have sounds for any of the weapons (a list can be found here: http://riflegamedevelopment.web.officelive...oftheworld.aspx) and you're willing to let me use them, send me a pm and I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having some problems with my sounds, some will play and some won't. This is the last thing I need to do so, until I get this fixed I have to postpone the mod (but I will be working on my Weapon Library (see my website for details) until I get the problem fixed so the time in between won't be a total waste).