Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Good news everyone, I have selected the new weapon selections. There are some new assault rifles and a new sniper rifle.

The new sniper is the Austrian Unique Alpine TPG-1 (Uniqe Alpine TPG-1) the texture I'm using is the second one down with the camo and I'm considering doing another one without the silencer or camo (first picture).

The first new assault rifle is the U.S. FN SCAR (FN SCAR), I'll make models of both types of the weapon including the grenade launcher.

Last, but certainly not least, is the U.S. Robinson Armaments M-96 and XCR (M-96 & XCR), I'll also be doing multiple versions of this as well.

I only have these rifles and a few more to do before I'm done with the modeling part of this mod.

Rifle

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, I got another model to work in the game (as shown below). Now I only have a few more rifles to go and I'll start writing .gun files. Also I'm setting up a new, better website for my development team that will be updated a lot more often than the last now that I'm making more progress on my mod. More news on that coming soon.

The FN SCAR-H CQC as modeled by me (the final will have a lens texture):

FNSCAR-HCQC.jpg

Edited by Rifle_001

The Unique Alpine is coming soon, I'm about finished with the UVW mapping. And that is about how they look ingame (in the game the textures are a tad lighter but not by much and some of the textures arent quite as detailed), the model itself is easier to see in the render without having the character model in the way.

Edited by Rifle_001

Good news everyone, my website is now ready and the URL is as follows: www.riflegamedevelopment.web.officelive.com . Also, with much thanks to natsanwa for the hi res textures, I am adding the FN F2000 in both unsilenced and silenced versions. A render is coming soon.

Edited by Rifle_001

Bad news guys, the computer I do my exporting on happens to have a piece of crap and can't even handle the hi res texture for the F2000. When I go to pick the .rsb for the material and I select the F2000 hi res .rsb file (I already have to uncheck the option to show a preview of the pic in the material bitmap select window) and then it freezes and crashes. However, I would really like to keep the hi res texture so if theres anyone who could export the model for me (I'll provide the .rsb and the .3ds model) I would greatly appreciate it. I'll also need the same thing done with the SCAR-L so I'll model and UVW map that and send them as a bundle, assuming there is someone who can export the models for me.

Edited by Rifle_001
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got the render for the FN SCAR-L up on my website. Also, this is a model that uses a hi res texture so I'll need to have that one exported for me as well (I did find someone who could export them as well). The FN SCAR-L also comes in a silenced flavor.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on the silenced versions of those models and am looking for good silencer textures but google and windows live search isn't giving me much luck, you guys know of any good sites for silencer textures?

Alright, I got the silenced versions of the FN F2000 and the SCAR-L so I'll be sending those to the guy who's doing my exporting so expect them in the game soon. Now I only have about 3 models left (WA2000, Howa, and the HK MSG-90) so expect the scripting and map making to be started pretty soon and with summer coming in about a week I'll have more time to work on the models.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After some thought I have decided to release the mod half done, i.e. I'll release the weapon portion of the mod. However, this does not mean that I'm canceling the campaign and airstrike portion of the mod, I'm still working on that but it will be released at a later date than the weapons portion. I'll have more details on the release date of the weapons soon. ;)

This time I have an update and a question.

First of all, the update, I have completed the remapped Walther WA2000 which can be found at my mod's Mod DB page and my website.

Now for the question, I have recently acquired Photoshop CS3 and I have installed the RSB .8bi file from the Ghost Recon Island Thunder disc and every time I export a texture (that worked fine with the RSBEditor utility that came on the same disc) I get an error message complaining about the height and/or width not being a power of 2. So, is there a plug-in for the RSB format that isn't so picky about the width and height of the texture? Also, the RSB I create with the RSBEditor utility cannot be opened with Photoshop CS3, it always has an error message that says, "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file."

Why not just be clever instead and use power of 2 texture sizes? All you have to do is make sure they conform with those dimensions, ie 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 or any variant of that as 512x1024 or similar. You can even make your textures at any dimension and just rescale them before you export as UV coordinates are calculated as distance from 0,0...rescaling won't mess up your mapping the least.

Letting GR do the work for you is dumb as from memory it upscales a texture to the next "power of 2" dimension...so if you have a 513x1025 texture it will end up 1024x2048 = about 4 times asmuch resources needed to display it.