Sniper Rifle mod

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have sounds for any of the rifles on my filefront page please let me know.

Sure. PM me. My Danish Forces mod will have new sounds for all the new friendly and OpFor weapons, plus weapon sounds to replace ALL of the original GR weapons sounds, plus new ambient sounds, plus ALL the rest of the original GR sounds replaced. So I got plenty of new sounds you could use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some nice new weapons there, :thumbsup: You mite wanna check out the Sniper Armoury v1.3 mod by Projectile-Systems.

@ Cowboy its got a M25 sniper rifle with SD option

Keep up the good work, its always nice to see new mods in the making :thumbsup:

Sniper mod includes:-

M70

AR-50

ERMA SR100

HECATE II

SAKO TRG-42

M25/SD

SR-338L

XM-107T

AWM300

AWM700

AW .50

AMP DSR-1

110-TACTICAL

ATI-C24

REMINGTON P55

LIMA-51

BRAVO-51/SD

M99

SR-60

SR-90

AR-15

AR-10(T)

Plus a mission and some sniper skins.

I know I haven't been posting much on this forum but the reason is I don't completely know how to use my software but I have The Gmax Bible by: Kelly Murdock (the same guy who made the 3DS Max 4 Bible) so I'm learning at this point I just need to read more about Material editing and making details with modifiers. So I'm going to start posting some UNTEXTERED and MOST DETAIL IS NOT YET THERE screenshots (my software doesn't render) of my weapons.

P.S. if you have any tips or comments post them here

Edited by Rifle_001

These screenshots are of the awesome German made Walther WA2000

download the small .zip file for the screen shots (I tried to post the images but it didn't work an error came up saying something about not being able to load dynamic images within the IMG tags if you know how let me know)

http://files.filefront.com/WA_2000_screen_...;/fileinfo.html

note that these are not textured nor do they have much detail

Edited by Rifle_001

Because I don't have 3Ds Max 4 (I use gmax which has a fraction of the features and doesn't export .qobs, .pobs, or .chrs.) so if you have 3DSM 4 and would be willing to export to the right files to be ready to go into the game it would be greatly appreciated and you will be given full credit.

Because I don't have 3Ds Max 4 (I use gmax which has a fraction of the features and doesn't export .qobs, .pobs, or .chrs.) so if you have 3DSM 4 and would be willing to export to the right files to be ready to go into the game it would be greatly appreciated and you will be given full credit.

Hey, in case you dont know how to export from gmax to 3ds max, youll need to download the tempest game pack from discreet. Then after installing that, EXPORT your gmax scene to the .md3 format. The other thing you need for this is a program called 3d exploration, which is a model viewer and model format converter, you can download it for free (shareware 30 days). Anyway, 3d exploration can read the .md3 model format and can convert it to a .3ds file. The texturing should not be a problem.

UVW map your model in gmax and make sure you have collapsed the stack down to an editable mesh. When you export, you may get an error message about the UVW mapping, but it should still be fine.

Open the .md3 in 3D exploration and apply the texture. Just double click on the model and set its texture in the diffuse slot. The UVW mapping should remain on your object.

Check that you collapsed the stack before you exported. .MD3 files wont read the modifier stack like gmax files do.

Important: the 'stack' is the modifiers you have applied to the mesh. eg Bend, UVW Map.

When modelling your object, it is often conveient to leave these modifiers in your stack so that you can make alterations later easier. However, other formats cannot dont allow a stack like gmax does. Therefore you need to collapse the stack so that all you export are editable meshes. If you export a box with a bend modifier in its stack, you may have problems. To collapse the stack all you have to do is select all your objects and convert them to editable meshes.

As for texturing in 3ds Exploration, double click on your model in the viewport to bring up the properties window. Go to the materials tab and select Diffuse. Then browse for the texture you want to apply. However, you must have already applied UV coordinates to the object as this cannot be done in 3d exploration.

(from turbo quid forums)

Hope this helps!

;)

Edited by thales100

Hey, in case you dont know how to export from gmax to 3ds max, youll need to download the tempest game pack from discreet. Then after installing that, EXPORT your gmax scene to the .md3 format. The other thing you need for this is a program called 3d exploration, which is a model viewer and model format converter, you can download it for free (shareware 30 days). Anyway, 3d exploration can read the .md3 model format and can convert it to a .3ds file. The texturing should not be a problem.

UVW map your model in gmax and make sure you have collapsed the stack down to an editable mesh. When you export, you may get an error message about the UVW mapping, but it should still be fine.

Open the .md3 in 3D exploration and apply the texture. Just double click on the model and set its texture in the diffuse slot. The UVW mapping should remain on your object.

Check that you collapsed the stack before you exported. .MD3 files wont read the modifier stack like gmax files do.

Important: the 'stack' is the modifiers you have applied to the mesh. eg Bend, UVW Map.

When modelling your object, it is often conveient to leave these modifiers in your stack so that you can make alterations later easier. However, other formats cannot dont allow a stack like gmax does. Therefore you need to collapse the stack so that all you export are editable meshes. If you export a box with a bend modifier in its stack, you may have problems. To collapse the stack all you have to do is select all your objects and convert them to editable meshes.

As for texturing in 3ds Exploration, double click on your model in the viewport to bring up the properties window. Go to the materials tab and select Diffuse. Then browse for the texture you want to apply. However, you must have already applied UV coordinates to the object as this cannot be done in 3d exploration.

(from turbo quid forums)

Hope this helps!

;)

:blink: huh i think i will stick to textures lol :rofl:

Good luck with you mod Rifle_100

• 1 month later...

Finally I've got the website I've been working on for a few weeks, the url is www.rifle001.tripod.com, here I will post reviews for various CAD software, tutorials, and more importantly pics and renders of my weapons for this mod as well as the latest news on my mods (not that you can't find more up to date news on this forum)

Just a friendly hint here mate...you really ought to stay away from meshsmooth on game models as it bumps the polygon count up to unreasonable levels.

A GR weapon should in my mind never exceed 2500 polygons and that's with scopes and accessories.

Recently, (as in today) I entered a modeling competition so you probably won't hear a whole lot from me until Nov. 30.

If your curious the competition, found at gmax.planettime.de called Project X recquires me to create ONE wing of a P-51D Mustang with full UV mapping, ready to animate, working landing gear w/ working gear bay door, and authentic military colors and if I can find anything an accesory such as nav lights or a bomb that would of been found on the real thing using gmax. Also I know I haven't given you guys much of a say on what goes into this mod and I've been having a hard time with what pistol(s) that I'm going to use, so post your favorite pistol and if you have one a pic. A couple weeks ago I was watching Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel and they did the myth that an inmate made a lethal crossbow out of newspaper, a lunch tray, and elastic from underwear. Now your probably thinking what does this have to do with anything, well Jamie (one of the hosts) goes to a prison to view some actual weapons made by inmates and one inmate made an impressive looking bolt action pistol out of plumbing parts and even had a flash supressor and I am thinking of putting that in the game as something that, to my knowledge, has never been done before.

Edited by Rifle_001