What did you expect GR:AW to be?

Let me hear your opinions on how GR:AW should have been/should be/should become.

Here is my opinion:

- It should have EVERYTHING from GR1 (minus what comes here after, if conflicting).

- It should have GR:AWs graphics (minus the support for AGEIA PhysX, instead use HaVoC, I do feel that Diesel is a great engine though!), GR:AW's kit builder (but with saving features for quick use), GR:AWs solution to peek glitches (very GJ GRiN!), GR:AWs map editors (vast improvement over Igor), GR:AW's AI for the co-op people, GR:AW's Domination mode (ok, so it is not my thing, but I can understand why someone would like it and that is enough reason to include it for me), GR:AW's dedicated server system (aka EXTERNAL, WITHOUT NEED FOR A GFX CARD. GJ GRiN, thank you for listening on that one!).

- As for finding servers I would love to see StarCraft's (Blizzard Entertainment) lobby system to be used. (It's simple, elegant and highly flexible although I do have to point out that I do not like the gateway portion of it but I suppose that could be ommited somehow).

- Anti-Cheat: For starters I would like to see Punkbuster to be fully supported. Don't really know where to take it from there though, but I have played with PB and it's not perfect yet although it does help A LOT.

That's all I want.

I have made some complaints but the game minus those (Co-Op) is what I expected. I was not looking for a duplicate of GR1, to me that would have been boring. I was hoping for the simular functions and controls that would make the game as great as the first though. With GRIN working to Add those in I think we will see this game be what we all want.

i expected a game........

and i got a game :D

i expected it to be ubi-patched, not like this patching but this way does not hurt me or my expectations (it's better to have a patch which adds extra's and fixes than just fixes eventhough the extra's should have been there at first in release)

i followed the talk and info from before release

and held that in account when the demo got out, and when i bought it

the way things went were not dissapoining to me because i realised this was the way it would go

the game itself does have some things i miss,

like most people i miss the great open space rural and or forest maps

but i knew mexico city was theater of operations and won't hold it against anyone (let the modding begin...)

i mis the prone peak, but in the SP i don't go prone that much and in the mP as is today i don't often go prone because it is to much fast paced to go prone

other things i miss are to be patched,

one thing i do not like is the strange shut downs of graw,

even after a memory upgrade it crashes very often,

and it is not my memory as it often is not even close to maxed out

this is the big let down in the game, hope they fix it

(happens in SP and MP)

i have and keep faith, this game can and hopefully will surpass [GR]

the editor is great and has lots of potential even with the stock props

i love the moddebility of the game and the support of the dev team

and am looking forward to the new patches which will bring back the Classic game modes for coop and TvT (as i read correctly... correct me if i miss-read it)

as for graphics.... i don't mind the jaggies and don't mind the high specs

this will mean (atleast for me) that i have some improvement to look forward to in the game experiance

I expect GRAW to be just about everything from GR1 too (especially, limping, blood, imparied aim after being shot, prone leaning, TDM, unforgiving result when someone is shot, especially in the head, though it took 5 hits to kill me in mp once most times it was 1 or 2 at most).

+ Smoke nades,

flash nades,

claymores that you dont have to remote detanate,

penatrable materials,

support weapons that have a degree of acuracy when used properly (GR1's did not no matter what some say),

very stable net code,

lots and lots of woodland maps.

I wanted all the gameplay modes and all the options that GR1 had. It is almost depressing how FEW options GRAW gives me to play it. I would have liked to see several more weapons. I would have liked a return of 5 teammates divided into 3 teams. I would have preferred body switching (but it's not that big a deal).

GRAW did do some things right. I really like the AI (the enemies more than my teammates though). The kit construction is nice, especially with choosing what attachments you want (would have liked to see more attachments though). The full body awareness takes some time to get used to, but now I like it. I like the flexibility of the tactical map. The graphics are pretty nice, but would have rather had real AA than HDR.

Basically, I wanted all the gameplay modes of GR1 (both for SP and MP), the weapon selection of GR1, the kit/weapon customization of GRAW, the team size of GR1, the AI of GRAW, the gameplay of GRAW, the graphics of GRAW (but slightly tweaked) and a mix of the types of maps found in both GRAW and GR + Expansions.

Edited by tomato

I expected it to have AT LEAST as good an MP game as GR1 and RvS had in the end. My thoughts were that they used the names 'Ghost Recon' and 'Tom Clancy' for this game, so they should at least have what worked for GR1 and RvS games, with improvements and additions, of course. This is all I expect from a new addition to a Tom Clancy legacy. In other words, why fix it if it isn't broke?

Instead we got a kick ass SP mode and a VERY incomplete MP mode with 'Domination'. I'm all for innovation and trying something new, as long as it doesn't trump what we are used to and expect from the Tom Clancy legacy. Domination should have been an addition, not the main focus for MP.

I had been following the XBox 360 version and longed to play it because it looked cool.

PC version demo came out and it dragged my system. Then I decided to get it anyway and I do not regret it. It seems a bit more intense and dramatic compared to the [GR] but I like it. They don't overdo it like Call of Duty 2 did (COD1 was just right) but GRAW pulls it off without going too far.

I mean, the intensity of this game is nuts at the end of every level. The music is great. The graphics are great. UBI continues to patch and update the game with new content (who does this for free aside from Valve?)

Only thing lacking was more weapons. I like how hard this game is which makes me play it very slowly.

bla bla bla ... In other words, why fix it if it isn't broke?

bla bla bla ... whatever...

ROFL...you are the one that asked for my opinion...all I did was give it to you. And yes, I have the guts to say that. To this day you can find more GR1 or RvS servers up and running at any given time than you can for GR:AW, a brand new game supposedly in the tradition of 'Tom Clancy', so there are STILL many who believe the same way I do.

I thought I made it clear that I thought they could be improved, which is what I expected from GR:AW, something improved over RvS or GR1, but something at least as good as those...we didn't get that, at least not in the form of MP.

Whatever...

Edited by Druac_Blaise

I did not expect GRAW to play like [GR] per say , but I did excpect the [GR] feeling from it.

The one thing I wanted out of GRAW was the intense feeling that [GR] brought to MP. Graphics were never an issue with me. The feeling of being pinned down behind a small dirt mound, knowing if you move 1 foot to either side your gonna die, the feeling of looking across an open space wondering if risking the run across is worth your life, and lastly the feeling of great teamplay over ventrillo or teamspeak.

[GR] was the last game I remember playing, where your teamates actually meant something to your survival. Communication was the key to success, not just a quick reaction with a nade launcher. Patience won matches, and rushing lost them.

I cannot say for sure that GRAW, does not have this, but I have not seen it yet. That may be due to the lack of gametypes, or the lack of people playing in matches, but it is not there yet.

In short, I wanted GRAW to have the same feelings [GR] brought me.

I think when TDM gets here, and people start making more maps like Tank, and the like, the game will get that feeling, but till then all I can do is cross my fingers.

bla bla bla ... In other words, why fix it if it isn't broke?

bla bla bla ... whatever...

ROFL...you are the one that asked for my opinion...all I did was give it to you. And yes, I have the guts to say that. To this day you can find more GR1 or RvS servers up and running at any given time than you can for GR:AW, a brand new game supposedly in the tradition of 'Tom Clancy', so there are STILL many who believe the same way I do.

I thought I made it clear that I thought they could be improved, which is what I expected from GR:AW, something improved over RvS or GR1, but something at least as good as those...we didn't get that, at least not in the form of MP.

Whatever...

Oops... I entirely misread your original post, Druac_Blaise. My bad.

I mean, the intensity of this game is nuts at the end of every level. The music is great. The graphics are great. UBI continues to patch and update the game with new content (who does this for free aside from Valve?)

Only thing lacking was more weapons. I like how hard this game is which makes me play it very slowly.

Epic does this for their games as well (release new content for free). I do agree that there isn't nearly enough weapons though.

I expected GRAW to be pretty much like it is... With todays technological advances, why would it play like GR1 and why should play like GR1... For some reason, GR1 never came to mind... Most of us have seen the demo before playing, so we knew what we were in for... When the coop play gets straightened out, ALOT of us will be very very happy.... Meanwhile, PATIENCE is the word of choice for most modes of play here... It'll all come soon....

I did not expect GRAW to play like [GR] per say , but I did excpect the [GR] feeling from it.

The one thing I wanted out of GRAW was the intense feeling that [GR] brought to MP. Graphics were never an issue with me. The feeling of being pinned down behind a small dirt mound, knowing if you move 1 foot to either side your gonna die, the feeling of looking across an open space wondering if risking the run across is worth your life, and lastly the feeling of great teamplay over ventrillo or teamspeak.

[GR] was the last game I remember playing, where your teamates actually meant something to your survival. Communication was the key to success, not just a quick reaction with a nade launcher. Patience won matches, and rushing lost them.

I cannot say for sure that GRAW, does not have this, but I have not seen it yet. That may be due to the lack of gametypes, or the lack of people playing in matches, but it is not there yet.

In short, I wanted GRAW to have the same feelings [GR] brought me.

I think when TDM gets here, and people start making more maps like Tank, and the like, the game will get that feeling, but till then all I can do is cross my fingers.

My exact thoughts as well.

Im very happy with the SP play. I always have been.

I expected the online play to build community. It cant in it current state. GameSpy is one of the worst... well I've already covered my thoughts there. Without Dedicated servers most larger clans have troubles hosting the game. Most hosts won't let you throw up the game based version.

DEDICATED SERVER FILES is what I expected. Wished for.......

I didnt want another GR1 either but I expect to have more MP modes and guns and options and anti-cheat and maps like the 360 version.I mean not having a death cam poor MP browser very little guns to choose from and map just makes it a 20$ game.

MORE MAPS

MORE GUNS

MORE MP OPTIONS

MORE ANTI CHEAT

MORE MP MODES

AND Decicated SERVER FILES

DEATH CAM is so needed for no resapawn servers!!!