What's truly sad... *not to start a flame war*

Has anyone looked at the online user list?

I have... I see what the Dev's are reading in the forums.

Do you know what they are reading? Mostly the negative threads. The ones that basically says that people hate the work that they do. It's a fact... don't believe me, look at the bottom of the index of the forums, click on Member Name. I provided the link for you.

We all agree that people have the right to their own opinion. Am I stating my own? Somewhat, but please just look at it for yourself. You will see exactly what I'm talking about.

To see GRIN still coming here, helping the community, being part of the community says loads about them as individuals and the company they represent, even after they read all the crap.

Now... That's sad for them to have to read all of the negativity. Granted, there have been constructive threads and posts, but the fact remains, that they are here reading through all the negativity.

They work hard to please all of us. "You can only please some of the people some the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time." This is a very true statement that we all can agree on.

Some of you may be saying that I'm fanning the flames, but that is not my intention nor my desire. What I am saying here is to think before you post... Measure twice, cut once. I can give you a ton more cliche's, but I believe that each and everyone of you have the intelligence to see what I am saying is the truth.

Some of you will call me a 'fangurl', some will call others 'fanbois', some of you will be called whiners, complainers and moaners. It's inevitable. Too many different personalities here to change that.

But, what you can change is showing respect for the people that have made this game and brought each of us together to voice our opinions, thoughts, complaints, praises and many more things.

It does sadden me to see GRIN reading such negative posts, the flame wars between people and groups of people.

You may choose to chastize and castigate those that you do not agree with, but it honestly doesn't get you anywhere.

The GRIN guys have invested their time and free time to this community, and for them to read something that is negative, doesn't instill confidence in the community that they have created by creating a game for all of us to come together.

So... BEFORE YOU POST, just think about this. It's important to remember the people that have brought this community together.

Site Owner

Admins

GRIN

UBI

All of Us

Without these people, there is no community.

Edited by ToW-Angel

No way it is sanitized, especially when you see what the topics have been the past few days.

I myself think the game is starting to take off, what with all the new mods coming out, the support from GRIN for the modding community.

Not to mention the patches, and for those of you who haven't figured it out, every patch that was released contained exactly what GRIN said it would. Don't act so surprised.

nice post :D good observation

but there is one thing to add

they do also read the modding forum which is less negative and more constructive, and here there are good posts aswell, though you are right, the negative has on days the upperhand

this is not a bad thing, it is a learning curve and can show what they are up against in the future

if they would do GR4 in the future (not saying it should come soon) they know what to expect in the negative, and know what to gain in the positive, although one can get good things from negative posts

and i think they know damn well who they are up against when reading unfounded negative posts that repeat the same old same old which was known from the beginning

all negative posts about the lack of soul switching and AA, not having " IT" etc. can encurage them to find those things or those experiances in the future, not saying they will recreate but may find some equal "IT" in new projects

grin has been honnest with us all the time, and we are honnest towards them, but sometimes it lacks communication skills from some of us in the community

one can say servers are empty but those populated are good fun !

once [GR] game modes return in graw, see how people come back and fall in line..........most stay here because it still is GR:aw and it has great potential to KICK ASS and every one knows it, even those who complain repeatedly, otherwise they'd turn their backs and left, this also is good to see when reading the negatives

Site Owner

Admins

GRIN

UBI

All of Us

I would like to add RSE to that list, as without them Ghost Recon never would have existed.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I agree completely with the rest of the post.

Thanks for that addition, Warlord. :)

Has anyone looked at the online user list?

I have... I see what the Dev's are reading in the forums.

Do you know what they are reading? Mostly the negative threads. The ones that basically says that people hate the work that they do. It's a fact... don't believe me, look at the bottom of the index of the forums, click on Member Name. I provided the link for you.

What's truly sad...is they never listed to the community. DM over TDM??? Now that's sad.

Just blame UBI. I do. The GRIN bunch are apparently working hard to overcome the 'Ubi Handicap' with their work. Remember, it was UBI who skrood us over on GR2. I don't think the GRIN bunch were out of high school by then (LOL, just pickin on you guys)...

What's truly sad...is they never listed to the community. DM over TDM??? Now that's sad.

You missed the point of this thread... It's not a bitching, complaining, moaning, whining or a gripers thread. If you've got that impression, you are so far from wrong, you will need 400/400 site vision correction to see what is said here.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WHAT IS IN THE GAME, ABOUT WHAT IS MISSING FROM IT, NOR IS IT ABOUT THE GAME ITSELF.

It's not about TDM, DM or Dom. It's about respect, dignity, integrity and honor of all of us. If you DO NOT know the meaning of these words, I strongly suggest that you look them up in the dictionary.

EDITED OUT MY PERSONAL OPINION OF THE POST I AM QUOTING.

No one could've handle it, and if they did, it would've been handled too poorly.

Edited by ToW-Angel

You missed the point of this thread... It's not a bitching, complaining, moaning, whining or a gripers thread. If you've got that impression, you are so far from wrong, you will need 400/400 site vision correction to see what is said here.

I think it's great GRIN continues to post here, but I'm not willing to give them credit for making this community. Since alot of us have been here way before we every heard of GRIN.

I'm willing to wait for patches, but at the very least you think someone would release what is needed first. DM was a waste of time and money period.

I think it's great GRIN continues to post here, but I'm not willing to give them credit for making this community. Since alot of us have been here way before we every heard of GRIN.

I'm willing to wait for patches, but at the very least you think someone would release what is needed first. DM was a waste of time and money period.

Again, this thread is not about what is, what isn't nor about the game itself. If you want to do that, go create your own thread to gripe in.

And, if you would have read the thread correctly, I named off several groups, not just GRIN.

Edited by ToW-Angel

We all agree that people have the right to their own opinion. Am I stating my own?
Repeatedly...
Some of you may be saying that I'm fanning the flames, but that is not my intention nor my desire.
Hmm...
What I am saying here is to think before you post... Measure twice, cut once. I can give you a ton more cliche's, but I believe that each and everyone of you have the intelligence to see what I am saying is the truth.
:lightning: Please, no more cliches & no more "I'm telling you the truth."
It does sadden me to see GRIN reading such negative posts.
Hopefully you are dishing out an equal amount of sympathy for the gr.forum members, supporters & others who, rather than being paid to make the game have instead paid to play the game, and are disappointed in varying degrees for various reasons, etc. with/by the product they have purchased? :blink:
The GRIN guys have invested their time and free time to this community...
I do not think that it is strictly speaking true that GRIN is doing "all this" for "free!" In fact, a number of good posts have already been made by long-time members who are knowledgeable concerning the benefits developers derive by visiting & posting at this site.

:cheers: I couldn't agree more that the gr.net community - moderators, members, and our Rocky - are a terrific bunch, though!

Hopefully you are dishing out an equal amount of sympathy for the gr.forum members, supporters & others who, rather than being paid to make the game have instead paid to play the game, and are disappointed in varying degrees for various reasons, etc. with/by the product they have purchased? :blink:

What I am saying is that the street goes both ways, and that all those that constructively post in the threads are where the money is.

Problem + Solution = Resolution

Many have posted the problem, but very few are posting solutions, leaving the resolution incomplete.

I have given everyone credit here... I named off everyone involved in making this community what it is.

I also agree that from negative things, good things can and will happen, but pure negativity is counterproductive by every sense of the word.

But, this thread is more about having something I've already said...

RESPECT

DIGNITY

INTEGRITY

HONOR

Whether you choose to believe what I've said or not, I still suggest that you look at the 'Online Member' list for yourselves and see what GRIN is reading.

This isn't totally about GRIN either, it's about all of us as a group and individuals.

I also agree that from negative things, good things can and will happen, but pure negativity is counterproductive by every sense of the word.

But, this thread is more about having something I've already said...

RESPECT

DIGNITY

INTEGRITY

HONOR

Whether you choose to believe what I've said or not, I still suggest that you look at the 'Online Member' list for yourselves and see what GRIN is reading.

This isn't totally about GRIN either, it's about all of us as a group and individuals.

I tend to post more on the negative than the positive, just because thats where I am personally at in this point in time. I still feel that I have and express all those things mentioned in your post..

Respect

Dignity

Integrity

honour

I show them by standing up for the franchise I love. I show them by not sitting on the sidelines while I watch the game I once loved being turned into something completley different. I certainly agree that there is a right and wrong way to post your complaints about something. I feel that I do that in the most polite way possible. I always try to give a reason behind my madness. But you are taking this "goody two shoes" crap way too far. I also think there is a right and wrong way to post compliments to the developers. Its a sad way to do it when you have to use people who complain as a way to suck up to the developers. This... "Dont hurt Grins feelings" stuff is annoying. Grin gets much appreciation and respect from me(not to mention,my money). But,sorry GRAW wont get any respect.

Angel, you say you havent even tried GR1. Its beyond me how you can justify arguing with other posters who have played it for years, on how they should react when their franchise isnt heading in the right direction. You should be the first one to sit back and just listen on those arguments..Certainly not the one trying to lead a "crusade" for Grin. Ridiculous.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

Actually, I downloaded the demo of it... Still working on getting it graphically working correctly. Right now, it's very laggy for some reason.

While I may not know about GR1, I do know a lot about people. And, it's entirely not the point of this thread that's being discussed here at all. It's not about the game at all, except in the aspects of the people themselves, GRIN, the admins and others involved.

It's about this group of people, everyone. It's not about praising nor complaining. It's about what people read here in these forums lately.

Now, I'm going to go on a soap box for a moment and say... BY FAR, GR people are some of the finest people I have met while playing GR:AW. It has to be the friendliest atmosphere I've played in yet in an online multiplayer setting.

I don't believe I'm being goody-two-shoes by stating something that needs/needed to be said. From what I've seen, this community is close-knit, and I like that, but it can become even a greater place if everyone were to work together on the problems, come up with a solution, then a resolution can be made by the most peaceful means, instead of the lame cop-out of "It's not GR1."

I do understand the points you are making, they are very valid and I have read a majority of your posts recently. They are constructive and concise. :)

Actually, I downloaded the demo of it... Still working on getting it graphically working correctly. Right now, it's very laggy for some reason.

While I may not know about GR1, I do know a lot about people. And, it's entirely not the point of this thread that's being discussed here at all. It's not about the game at all, except in the aspects of the people themselves, GRIN, the admins and others involved.

It's about this group of people, everyone. It's not about praising nor complaining. It's about what people read here in these forums lately.

Now, I'm going to go on a soap box for a moment and say... BY FAR, GR people are some of the finest people I have met while playing GR:AW. It has to be the friendliest atmosphere I've played in yet in an online multiplayer setting.

I don't believe I'm being goody-two-shoes by stating something that needs/needed to be said. From what I've seen, this community is close-knit, and I like that, but it can become even a greater place if everyone were to work together on the problems, come up with a solution, then a resolution can be made by the most peaceful means, instead of the lame cop-out of "It's not GR1."

I do understand the points you are making, they are very valid and I have read a majority of your posts recently. They are constructive and concise. :)

All Im saying is that you are very quick to counter any complaints someone may have. I just used this thread as the one to respond to it. Wether you see it or not, this thread is more about GRIN..and you just trying to get us to see how much negativity they read everyday. Well..good.I hope they read more. I have nothing at all against the GRIN team as individuals. Nor, do alot of other people. I was involved in a community that had well over 500 people..Most all of them was ready to come back to a new GR..It never came..We are still without a game. Very few of us are actually coming in and voicing how we feel about the way things are going.

GRIN are actually lucky..If the amount of people I know actually came in here. There would be 500 times the complaints.

Again, there is a right and wrong way to post compliments too.

Actually,Before this game even came out. I made a post to GRIN about us complainers. I said that when you read complaints to always remember that there will be more complain posts than compliment posts. Simply because the people who like the game are actually out there just playing it. I encouraged everyone who loved the game after it was released to voice it. There is nothing wrong in doing so...Again,its just how you do it.

I do understand the points you are making, they are very valid and I have read a majority of your posts recently. They are constructive and concise

Kill them with kindness huh? :P

Edited by VeLocityChaos

Kindness will get you places that hatred will never go. :) LOL :-p

But truth and honesty will take you to the promised land. ;)

The truth hurts sometimes....

Its cool that you like the game though, Its cool that all of the people that read this that like the game. I sincrely wish I could like it too.Imiss all the ol'days nothing like really being into a game you really enjoy. Nothing like having tons of friends that all enjoy the same thing with you. Id do anything to have that again.

Public Service Announcement:

Verbage is everything; if you word it correctly you can tell someone off and they'll thank you... I guess this is the root of the 'constructive criticism vs flame' arguement.

As for looking for the 'it' game, there's a quote from an old Paul Simon song (Kodachrome) that says "Everything looks better in black and white" meaning your memory. If you're having difficulty enjoying what you think should make you happy check out this book. I'm off to buy it today as many folks I deal with daily are having this problem and I'm running out of suggestions...

1400042666.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64111739_.jpg

Most people complaining you say? From the impressions that i've been having since GRAW was released, is that this site holds the most GRIN fanboys around. Also, when the majority of people flame, it's usually for a good reason.

Also OP you use these words:

Respect

Dignity

Integrity

Honour

And let me tell you this, in business, those words mean squat. I would also recommend you give them to both Ubi and GRIN as they both seem to be lacking them. They bring out a product which is only half complete, where the hell is all four of those words in doing that.. the only word I can come up with to describe this is GREED. Maybe GRIN aren't to blame but the excuse of it's all Ubi is becoming extremely old and probably only half true.

Until we get a stable game which has a multiplayer on par with the standards [GR] set, respect, dignity, integrity and honour can go out of the window for me as I don't feel like i'm getting any of them in return.

I did feel that the forums were a bit sanitized before GRAW was released but less so after. I got the sense that the admins were also not ecstatic about GRAW afte release so maybe they opned the valve a little and let it flow. Probably just my imagination though that.

I do feel something for devs that work so hard on a game and don't get a great response. But thats life, tough. Do a great job and people heap praise and adoration on you. Do a sub par job and you hear about that too. They don't have to come here and read what we think, they seek it out. I'll be darned if i'm gonna hold back because the devs or publishers might be reading. My comments are not for them anyway they are for my fellow gamers.

The right amount of heat for the right amount of time tempers the steel perfectly. Too little heat is just as bad as too much.