Original Ghr maps, who's making them?

Now that its possible to make your own terrains is anyone gona be making the original [GR] maps? I'm not talking about maps that just look like the originals, but ones that have the same textures, scale and all the details of the originals.

Probably the easiest map to reproduce would be "Castle", since there is a 3D file of the map on the Island Thunder CD, maybe someone could try and convert that for GRAW. It would be neat to see.

That max file is on the desert siege cd so its not hard to just open it in max and render it. The textures are also included with the file the problem is that they are in rsb.

Luckily there is an rsb plugin for photoshop, I have all the textures in tga now but the problem is getting the correct ones on the right object in max. Luckily the uvw maps are already on there so the trick is just getting the correct textures. Unfortunetly this is more of an undertaking than I originaly thought but I hope to have at least the the castle part done by later today and then I could work on the houses and terrain and all that.

Other than that pretty much anyone can do this, the real problem being the trees and the shrubs they look pretty bad in max and im not sure if its the way the gr1 engine handled things but I think these are very low poly lod versions that the engine would scale up in game so it didnt look so horrible. Of course I could be completely wrong.

That max file is on the desert siege cd so its not hard to just open it in max and render it. The textures are also included with the file the problem is that they are in rsb.

Luckily there is an rsb plugin for photoshop, I have all the textures in tga now but the problem is getting the correct ones on the right object in max. Luckily the uvw maps are already on there so the trick is just getting the correct textures. Unfortunetly this is more of an undertaking than I originaly thought but I hope to have at least the the castle part done by later today and then I could work on the houses and terrain and all that.

Other than that pretty much anyone can do this, the real problem being the trees and the shrubs they look pretty bad in max and im not sure if its the way the gr1 engine handled things but I think these are very low poly lod versions that the engine would scale up in game so it didnt look so horrible. Of course I could be completely wrong.

i have to agree 100% as he didnt even change any of the colors of the models

nothing wrong with saying "porting castle map from GR" but saying you (aces.Ghost) made map from ground up is wrong

uZeal u could use the trees from graw and update the buildings a bit, this is what ive been doing atm

yeah delete the trees and grass , as theyre like 3 years old , and placement of new meshes wont be a problem with painting tools in gr3 Editor .

also if you need someone to texture a section , ill do that up .

let me know here or pm me , i have max 7 & 8 , so i can work in either .