Sniper, Single player

i mean if i chose to be a sniper, theres no point, u find a nice bit of cover, plenty of shade, No way in this world anybody would see u, and then just as your about to start shoting, bang bang bang, bullets wizing past your head left right and centre, so wat is the bloody point of haveing a sniper weapon, :wall:

I mean have the ai got binoculars, stapled to there head or wat :o=

Apart from that this is a realy good game, SP anyway, havent treid multiplayer yet, and from wat ive read so far i wont bother, yet that is

One other thing, why the hell cant u enter any of the buildings, i mean its a bloody city and theres no acces to buildings, but yet the ai can snipe from rooftops, hmmm

thats about it for now, still a good game

regards

Doc

And hi to all

Edited by Doc_uk

i mean if i chose to be a sniper, theres no point, u find a nice bit of cover, plenty of shade, No way in this world anybody would see u, and then just as your about to start shoting, bang bang bang, bullets wizing past your head left right and centre, so wat is the bloody point of haveing a sniper weapon, :wall:

I mean have the ai got binoculars, stapled to there head or wat :o=

Apart from that this is a realy good game, SP anyway, havent treid multiplayer yet, and from wat ive read so far i wont bother, yet that is

One other thing, why the hell cant u enter any of the buildings, i mean its a bloody city and theres no acces to buildings, but yet the ai can snipe from rooftops, hmmm

regards

Doc

And hi to all

i mean if i chose to be a sniper, theres no point, u find a nice bit of cover, plenty of shade, No way in this world anybody would see u, and then just as your about to start shoting, bang bang bang, bullets wizing past your head left right and centre, so wat is the bloody point of haveing a sniper weapon,

I mean have the ai got binoculars, stapled to there head or wat

I think sniper was geared in SP for supporting your troops as it's more close ranged. All i can say is send in your ai and peek and shoot to cover them.

Too much overhead... and difficulty finding each other. (multifloor and such) I think this is why GR1 did not have many.

I love the sniper rifle... You can still get a decent distance away and takeout an enemy... On the other hand, you can become quite talented using the single shot on any weapon and take out that same enemy and have more bullets.

I agree. The AI needs to be adjusted to that it's distance/cover/vehicle dependent. There is NO FREAKING WAY a guy a zillion miles away in tank facing the other way, through trees, with me prone in a tower is going to know where I shot from!!! No freaking way. Get it sorted boys. :o= (or tell me how :P:) )

And as for the Barrett, just do the weapon mod's to make it into the semi-auto version (which it should have been from day 1). I also modded the spread in non-zoomed mode to make it more realistic to use in non-scoped mode ) otherwise you could not hit a bark wall with it!.

I agree. The AI needs to be adjusted to that it's distance/cover/vehicle dependent. There is NO FREAKING WAY a guy a zillion miles away in tank facing the other way, through trees.

I agree with you guys about the AI, they some time hit you in contexte where probably the best soldier on earth could not hit you or see you.

And since the patch coop is not really fun. Because, now you get hit in the head from impossible shot and die as a result of the new damage systeme. While for me it's not a huge problem, when you are the host you endup with an empty game very fast, all player getting kill in one shot. The AI seem to auto aim the head without subtility. Sometime it really seem that game have a sript that say, hmm at this place the player will take a bullet, then that other place an other bullet, well thats not important if the cover he has give the AI an opening of 2 cm.

I maybe exagerate, but that give me that impression, Some time it look like the AI even prefire. You get shoot and hit before even seing him

i don't get it ...

first people talk about that the player can get hit so much and the ai is lacking and now it is opposite ?? (try the coop server on easy ?? or normal)(no offence intended)

@ OP go play a domination match and see how much you can see, you can see a long distance and shoot from a far so it is realistic that AI does so too, at least thats my opinion (dom church map is a good example of with how little you can see of your opponent, you still can get a kill)

u find a nice bit of cover, plenty of shade, No way in this world anybody would see u, and then just as your about to start shoting, bang bang bang, bullets wizing past your head left right and centre.

That happens with anything it seems. I hid my AI behind a concrete wall so when the tank would pass by I'd have him pop out and smack it with the AT. This wall was about 10 feet tall and no way the tank could see him yet as soon as he turned the corner he shot the wall on the opposite side from the AI killing him. Dang tanks have x-ray vision.