You can kiss GRAW goodbye if this 3rd person view gets out of hand

dude, it's keymapped :P . If you don't like thirdperson view that's fine, don't use it... Also GRIN stated it wont be added to the game at all :( , so please do your homework...

Edited by Beers

' date='Jun 29 2006, 08:51 PM' post='393423']

Thank God. Almost 30 seconds lapsed before another negative thread was started.

dude, it's keymapped :P . If you don't like thidperson view that's fine, don't use it... Also GRIN offically stated it wont be added to the game at all :( , so please do your homework...

i understand you want to keep it tactical. I've never played graw before untill this game. The tactical games ive played all had a 3rd person view. I like playing this game in both views, but am used to 3rd person so im hoping ill get it. Its just a choice of favor. Some people will actually play this game if there is a 3rd person view. And remeber anyway the xbox 360 was a big success , and 3rd person view was one of the reason.

GRIN isn't going to do it, and as far as a mod goes, GOOD LUCK. :wacko: I don't think people realize what an enormous task it would be to add 3rd person into an engine that's first person only. It would be a whole new engine. This whole idea is absurd.

' date='Jun 29 2006, 05:42 PM' post='393464']

Here's a legit suggestion for GRiN:

Add a 3rd person view, but instead of you looking over your own shoulder, it should be your wife or girlfriend looking over your shoulder telling you how you're doing it all wrong. Now THAT would be immersive!

Haha... now that would be a funny feature. :rofl:

FPV is what made GR1 the best. Now im reading about all these people wanting the 3rd person mod. If that gets out of hand you can kiss GRAW PC bye bye and say helloto your xbox clon.

GRAAAAW PC being like GRAW 360?

Some would say that it would be a change in the right direction.

;)

If you got nothing useful to say then don't say anything at all. Just be quiet and read, or be quiet and go to another thread.

Edited by CkZWarlord

If you got nothing useful to say then don't say anything at all. Just be quiet and read, or be quiet and go to another thread.

LOL Okay tough guy.

GRIN isn't going to do it, and as far as a mod goes, GOOD LUCK. :wacko: I don't think people realize what an enormous task it would be to add 3rd person into an engine that's first person only. It would be a whole new engine. This whole idea is absurd.

Hey, the 3rd person view is almost finnished. Go over to the mod forum and look for yourself, its quite cool. :thumbsup:

you would be completley right if this was like any other game out there.But graw is ofcourse a bit special, since we use a camera set on the shoulders of an actual model and not just a pair of floating hands floating around in a diffrent dimension than the rest of the game world, like..cough quake and battlefield for example, making a 3rd person view is very doable.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Im not sure why you would want to tho, but each to his own!!:D

Hey, the 3rd person view is almost finnished. Go over to the mod forum and look for yourself, its quite cool. :thumbsup:

I haven't looked yet, but I will. If you're not screwing with me, and it works, and it works well, I'll be blown away.

I haven't looked yet, but I will. If you're not screwing with me, and it works, and it works well, I'll be blown away.

No no, I'm not screwing with you. I don't know where the topic is but here is a video.

http://nemon.myby.co.uk/GRAW_ThirdPerson2.wmv

And I must say, it looks better than the x360's Over the shoulder view. :thumbsup:

Edited by Hockeystick

And I must say, it looks better than the x360's Over the shoulder view. :thumbsup:

Wow, this crow tastes good. :)

I don't like 3rd person. I'm a little uncomfortable with this 3rd person in GR:AW. I hope this does NOT catch on. However, whoever did this is obviously very clever and skilled, and they deserve congratulations. Nice work.

Wow, this crow tastes good. :)

I don't like 3rd person. I'm a little uncomfortable with this 3rd person in GR:AW. I hope this does NOT catch on. However, whoever did this is obviously very clever and skilled, and they deserve congratulations. Nice work.

Agreed Logos. Im not a fan of this, but kudos to the guy/gal that made this. Great job, and stay out of the MP server I play in, lol.

thats the kind of bs im talking about. Lets all use that view so we can see over every single thing!!!

NOT!

UM...I don't have a 3rd person view so what do you mean? Only the one mod is working on this... not Grin?

And the anticheat will prevent it's use in game unless the server also is modded to do this.

thats the kind of bs im talking about. Lets all use that view so we can see over every single thing!!!

NOT!

UM...I don't have a 3rd person view so what do you mean? Only the one mod is working on this... not Grin?

And the anticheat will prevent it's use in game unless the server also is modded to do this.

when the anticheat actually works correctly

NOT!

no no, _before_ it works correctly. :);)

NOT!

no no, _before_ it works correctly.

Back When I was in CPA (computer programming Analyst) Courses one of my History Profs said there was only one bug free program .. NASA paid millions for it to be that way:P

now if someone wants ot make 3rd person and put a server up all the power to them but me personally I think it takes away from the "realism" that so many of you complain isn't there already and makes for a even bigger camp fest ... and if you add a death cam to the game please dont' allow it ot be 3rd person only let us see what should be seen if that makes sense :P

NOT!

we cant even use it with ac and if we did the server would need the same files, so there will be no such thing as CHEATER WITH A UNIQUE tvp...