Why we have GRAW not like as OGR?

1 - why principal features like hand, leg, head injuring, injury motion, prone "hard-to-turn" motions are not allowed

2 - why we hadn't classic [GR] game modes when game relized

3 - why we have a raw game with many bugs

4 - why GRAW so fanciful: 4 soldiers vs ARMY of terrorists (do you like Hollywood blockbusters?)

5 - and principal question: why GRAW is Ghost Recon?

1 - Game isn't finished

2 - Game isn't finished

3 - UBI forced release

4 - I like Hollywood blockbusters and agree this is crap for an army style game.

5 - GR:AW is NOT GR. It is very lacking in some departments that made Ghost Recon such a great game and IMHO GR:AW doesn't DESERVE the GR pre-fix.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know why National Lampoons Van Wilder didn't have Chevy Chase?? Can you explain that one GRiN, I mean it had National Lampoon in the title why wasn't there the original characters? Ooooooh thats right it is a trademark name.

Actually I understood exactly what you meant in this post and every other one, I was just trying to bring a little outside point of view into this dead horse beating. Now I realize why I stayed out of this genre for so long, someone tries something new and they are beaten down, how dare them!!! OK it's not GR1....and?

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

And that is fine in THAT post, when I made the above reply before you responded to me it was as a whole to these threads, it was not meant as a response to anything directly. Then you refer me to a post that has you saying that it was meant to be a sequel but it is not and how GR is basically trademarked as the 'older' style of GR. OK my response was mere sarcasm, not meant to be the new victim of attacks, it was a JOKE! Again one of the many reasons why I just read these posts as opposed to responding. FLAME ON!

Well Logos i didnt say We made the game . . .i said we made it poppular which we did by purchasing it and playing it for long sessions and many years.

You purposly missrepresented my meaning.

Again i said i know how rappers feel meaning people into rap and you again purposely implied that i meant rap stars and equated it to my meaning game makers when it was clear that i meant rappers and equated them to gamers. You do this on purpose because you can't and don't even need to refute the main point. You just like having something to put down, even if you have to make it up in order to be able to put it down.

Try commenting on the topics rather than nitpicking and twisting peoples minor points.

The way I see it, GRIN was given a job to do. Make a game entitled Ghost Recon Something. They said, sure Ghost Recon Something sounds like a cool name for a game. How about Advanced Warfighter. Awesome. They then finished the game up as well as they could and released it, unfinished but at least it plays pretty darned good and looks really cool. Then someone brought up the fact that there was already a game called Ghost Recon that was released a few years back and then had a horrible console sequel. Oops, now the Ghost Recon fans are mad at them because they used the name. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to use the name but hey, it helped them sell thousands(?) more copies. That's business.

THAT'S JUST IT!

Ubi said they would bring us a new Ghost Recon. One that would please the [GR] fans.

Wasn't that the reason they didnt release GR 2 on PC too? Ubi said it was not enough like [GR], and would not make [GR] fans happy.

Only reason I bought GRAW was the GR prefix. Not happy w/ the product I got =(

The way I see it, GRIN was given a job to do. Make a game entitled Ghost Recon Something. They said, sure Ghost Recon Something sounds like a cool name for a game. How about Advanced Warfighter. Awesome. They then finished the game up as well as they could and released it, unfinished but at least it plays pretty darned good and looks really cool. Then someone brought up the fact that there was already a game called Ghost Recon that was released a few years back and then had a horrible console sequel. Oops, now the Ghost Recon fans are mad at them because they used the name. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to use the name but hey, it helped them sell thousands(?) more copies. That's business.

THAT'S JUST IT!

Ubi said they would bring us a new Ghost Recon. One that would please the [GR] fans.

Wasn't that the reason they didnt release GR 2 on PC too? Ubi said it was not enough like [GR], and would not make [GR] fans happy.

Only reason I bought GRAW was the GR prefix. Not happy w/ the product I got =(

I'm feeling ya Devil...

So is that how you base all your purchases? Based on the name alone, so do you buy sequels to movies expecting to see the EXACT same story but with older characters and more special effects? I think that if they had brought back a revised GR1 you would be right there bitching about how unoriginal GRin is, what they couldn't come up with different storylines? Different maps than just jungles? I am pretty sure that as soon as they used the GR name they were pretty much screwed no matter what they did.

P.S. I am not a fanboi, there are things that could be better, I can't connect to any Deathmatch because it crashes, I can't finish ready for bear without it crashing or hunting down snipers in an unrealistic way, but I am also patient. What game have you ever bought that was perfect straight out of the box? Hell I fly F4AF and all that is, IS a revised F4 and it still had/has bugs but they are patching it and it is pretty damned awesome now. Why? because instead of starting 100s of useless thread about why we hate the devs and how they messed up so bad we were, wait for it....CONSTRUCTIVE! Just in case that word is lost on some of ya here ya gohttp://www.wordreference.com/definition/constructive

Edited by Dewey

So is that how you base all your purchases? Based on the name alone, so do you buy sequels to movies expecting to see the EXACT same story but with older characters and more special effects?

As a matter of fact, yes. I don't expect or want the EXACT same, but something to do w/ the original would be nice.

I bet most ppl who saw Star Wars IV, V and VI several years b4 Episode 1 came out, just HAD TO se that one to. No matter what...

Ubi knew this, and Grin ######*ng should have known better too...

So you want an unrealistic shooter based on a game or a semi-realistic shooter based on the military? The Ghosts progressed, got new tech and toys and are in a different theatre, guess what this is based on? um the U.S. Army maybe?

Ubi knew this, and Grin ######*ng should have known better too...

Yeah but when was the last time Ubi did the right thing for PCs? As far as GRiN goes, I think they did pretty awesome with the time they got, and they are still here, I just saw one of them in this thread so they have a little bit of support ethic, how about giving them a chance?

Edited by Dewey

They always have a chance, but I don't understand why some issues were not fixed when patches 1.06, 1.10 were relized and GRIN knew about theese issues and wrote that theese issues were patched!

Now I just watch for GRAW and I don't play it more, because lags and arcade gameplay make me bored. Now I play [GR] only. I don't expect from GRAW critical modifications so I have a skeptic mood.

Edited by RLT-Olegrus

So, why we have GRAW not like as [GR]?

What does it mean?

That means:

1 - why principal features like hand, leg, head injuring, injury motion, prone "hard-to-turn" motions are not allowed

2 - why we hadn't classic [GR] game modes when game relized

3 - why we have a raw game with many bugs

4 - why GRAW so fanciful: 4 soldiers vs ARMY of terrorists (do you like Hollywood blockbusters?)

5 - and principal question: why GRAW is Ghost Recon?

As a person who likes to read everything before making or forming a solid opinion on a subject, I will try to answer these questions based on what i have read from these forums, GRiN members, and Ubi Soft Forums. I do no claim these answers to be 100% accurate, but they are most likley right.

1. As stated by the team much earlier in the year, with the alloted time they had. They could not creat the animations it would require to carry this out and it is my personal feeling that this "limping" feature would not do so well in gameplay, though I wouldn't mind it my self.

2. Stated by GRiN member(s) before, here is a little info that may "enlighten" you to who to point the finger at. The game you have now was not the game Ubi Soft wanted you to play, even the features you see in the game now were not suppose to be in in the game GRiN(Bo) was stated to have tried his best to fight Ubi over what the game was suppose to contain. What Ubi Soft really wanted? Who knows really. But you have to understand their is a bissnuess side to this that we have no knowlegde of, Their are things GRiN cannot say because of leagle matters, with this information I am sure we could understand why the game came out the way it did, but we do not, nor can GRiN tell us.

But what I can tell you is as that GRiN isn't out to Torture you! They are here in the forums trying to mold the game based on our opinions, it is funny how we overlook the simple things. For example the HUD, remember what it use to look like? and then GRiN took our input? How can you be mad at them when it is clear they are here to make a game we like. They are paid already~ They will continue to get paid wether this game floats or sinks, why would they be here still if they dindn't care.

3. Name me a game that didn't have bugs and I'll give you a million dallors from my savings account.....(BtW I never encounter techincal bugs with GRAW thus far)

4. If you paid attention, you would know that their is a war all over MEXICO CITY, The GRAW team you control is a special ops team that doesn SPECIAL MISSIONS, they arn't their to fight a war, they are doing special task. They are only a 4 man team do to their equipment being so advanced.

5. what kind of question is that? Do you own the GHost Recon title? I thought Ubi Did, sorry. They do what they want with their title, your the one to blame if you buy a game or ANY product Based on its title alone.

[i was quite upset too when Dark Forces:Jedi knight came out and realised it was notihng like the original Dark Forces. what was this? a third person mode?lightsabers? this is outrageous! then I realised how much better it was than the original. hum.

Wille,

If Graw was a fun game to play, everyone by now would have realised that all the changes were for the better; that's not the case, the MP is not good at all. I will give you a reality check, this game is so bad that WhiteKnight77 is avoiding commenting on the game. No offense to WhiteKnight77 but if he say's he doesn't have the game yet it tells you something and don't forget the few hundred online players.