Why we have GRAW not like as OGR?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we are talking realism here. Hm, then 'WWII Online Battleground Europe' is the way to go. Quite new actually, but it looks like crap, but man it's realistic.

Ok, I haven't actually played it becouse you have to pay subscription every month, but according to the swedish PC Gamer:

- "Privates knows that it is difficult to stay alive and still more difficult to kill someone."

- "Sometimes it's almost to realistic."

But I stay with GRAW :grin3:

Having played WWIIOL for many years (its been around since '02), I'm quite happy with it. It does a lot of things right that I wish would be adopted by others. If you are really serious about realism (and all the pains that go along with that), check it out. :thumbsup:

If you'll notice most of the guys here who post in the GRAW forums in support of the game are newer members, which means that they either didn't play GR or they just didn't have anything to say about it. Others come from the newer Rainbow Six game forums which isn't GR either. It's kind of difficult for me to relate to these guys who just got here or weren't active in the community until just recently when the flashy new game came out. So, to you guys, don't take offense, when you've been around for awhile longer and GR4 or 5 is released, I think you'll have something more solid to stand on.

I think Ubi just betrayed real Ghost Recon fans when they relized GRAW. Because GRAW have not much similarities with [GR]. I think they named GRAW like Ghost Recon because they want to have more money. But this is a real betray! I hate it!

These two quotes i couldnt agree more with, I pretty much see it the same way, glad to see im not the only one.

I refer to my previous post:

' date='Jun 29 2006, 02:14 PM' post='393333']

It's kind of difficult for me to relate to these guys who just got here or weren't active in the community until just recently when the flashy new game came out. So, to you guys, don't take offense, when you've been around for awhile longer and GR4 or 5 is released, I think you'll have something more solid to stand on.

That's irrelevant. I've played "series" games before. If the sequel does not live up to ones expectaions, or deviates too much from the original and offends ones sensibilities, simply move on. The principle of the argument is still valid, whether one applies it to GR, Splinter Cell, Myst, or any other series.

Not trying to pick a fight here or start an argument. Just pointing out a logical inconsistency.

Absolutely not. The point I am trying to make is even the GR newcomers, such as myself, can have valid input.

However, the cat is out of the bag. If it is that bad, move on because the game is not going to change. There are still vibrant and lively gaming communities dedicated to "older" games because people did not like the successors.

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

So, why we have GRAW not like as [GR]?

It's five years later and made by a different developer. GRIN instead of Red Storm Entertainment.

I realize that is simplifed, but those two facts are all we can hang our hats on. Or in your case, my Russian friend, the only two bottles of vodka we can drink from.

1-4),
It can be entertaining to speculate, but that is all anyone but UBI and GRIN can do.

5)and principal question: why GRAW is Ghost Recon?

I know UBI has the rights to use the Tom Clancy name and they are taking advantage of it.

Another simplified answer, but is it not the case?

GR:AW as it stands does not have the features to entice our team of 3+ years, to make the change.

We continue to play GR, but of course we are keeping an eye on the patches, additions, and mods being done for GR:AW.

I have made a small, but vain attempt to locate what a licensing agreement pertains. Not specific to UBI and Microsoft, just curious as it may answer a few questions that we are keen to have answered. I'm not sure what the contract would look like between UBI and GRIN in regards to GR:AW, but it would be interesting reading if it were indeed public record.

We made a reality based game very poppular then some hollywooder publisher bought the company and converted our frnachise into just another hollywood shooter.

Now i know how honest to god ghetto rappers feel when...

Um, honest to God, no you don't. At best, now you know how fans of those ghetto rappers feel, and only those fans who have NOT heard the new CD, at that. And since you would then only be going on what the haters who have heard it are saying, that would, in rapper terms, make you both a biter and hater.

Logos how do you know what i do and don't feel.

when someone is active in any kind of culture that represents their background then see's someone who has never really experienced it step up and perform as if they are from that background it's the same feeling. Especially when that culture happens to come from a sense of loss and dissenfranchisement then they see someone from a privlidged back ground act as if they are one of you and reap the benefits from the association.

Don't be telling people what they do and don't know or feel when you don't know that person or their back ground.

I have a question as well.

1. Why does everyone post the same complaints over and over again in a new thread?

Why don't you post something useful for once? All I ever see you do is go, "Oh, not again."

Go post in another thread if you don't like this one, it's very tiring to read the same crap from the same guy over and over again... but OBVIOUSLY you are just a bundle of good ideas for threads so start some huh?

Edited by CkZWarlord

I have a question as well.

1. Why does everyone post the same complaints over and over again in a new thread?

Why don't you post something useful for once? All I ever see you do is go, "Oh, not again."

Go post in another thread if you don't like this one, it's very tiring to read the same crap from the same guy over and over again... but OBVIOUSLY you are just a bundle of good ideas for threads so start some huh?

I think your mistaking me from someone else there. I dont go around posting "OMG not another one" in the negative post threads. I usually try to help and or explain why the problem is there, or state my view on it.

I have done it before, I admit, but it is not my M.O.

But just as the OP has a right to post at nauseum the same problems and or views, I do as well. And my view of this post is that it is simply overkill on the same topics that are littering this forum.

P.S. I have started some threads, but apparently only the negative ones get a high post count, due to arguing in them. ie: this thread. I wont post a new thread, unless I absolutley see a need for it.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

Okay... people are complaining that there are too many moan posts... but do you ever stop and think... wow there are SOO many, maybe they have a point? I honetly don't think people are just getting on the boards to be an ass, they like GR and want a sequel. I think people start a new topic to be heard, not to have their post drowned in a sea of other posts.

I have been one to defend GRAW since I got the game in the mail and played it, but I will have to admit that there are somethings that frustrate me. I frequent the forums daily to see whats new. I have such a hard time playing GRAW on my rig, that its frustrating, so I usually dont play unless a friend asks me too (Yes after XML tweaks... I get 20-30 fps on SP, but as soon as a hit MP i get 10-20 if im lucky... that's with a 3mb dl cable connection too). So I see the point of "moaners". They feel they have been cheated of an actual sequel.

Also, we've been looking for a sequel... but I hear from GRIN_Wille that even though it is a sequel things are gonna change... sure, graphics, game engines, mission scripting, but not functionality and playability. If the changes you made were for the better then where are the thousands playing online? Obviously [GR] did something right... thosands played it, even when there were other options. Change does not always mean for the better, and lots of people are saying its not for the better. There are alot of neat features, but some things are lacking and that is what they are trying to say... and from it sounds like from GRIN is "Things are different, we intended them to be this way, we are not going to change." That's the impression I got (I can dig up posts if you like.) I am sad that is the way it is...

Maybe you didn't wanna follow in the footsteps of RSE and make your own name, but sometimes the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented.

This is a PS... I'm tired of people saying GRAW is a run-and-gun game... I'm a run and gun player and damit I could run and gun far better on [GR]! I don't know what game you guys played, but you ever been running across airbase seen someone and hit the deck firing?? Run and gun. (Coming from the airplane... That's after you shot the guy in the tower, shot the sniper peaking around that first hanger and naded the guy gliching the hill... oh yeah, and that damn fool in the doorway of that control tower building!!)

Okay... people are complaining that there are too many moan posts... but do you ever stop and think... wow there are SOO many, maybe they have a point? I honetly don't think people are just getting on the boards to be an ass, they like GR and want a sequel. I think people start a new topic to be heard, not to have their post drowned in a sea of other posts.

I have been one to defend GRAW since I got the game in the mail and played it, but I will have to admit that there are somethings that frustrate me. I frequent the forums daily to see whats new. I have such a hard time playing GRAW on my rig, that its frustrating, so I usually dont play unless a friend asks me too (Yes after XML tweaks... I get 20-30 fps on SP, but as soon as a hit MP i get 10-20 if im lucky... that's with a 3mb dl cable connection too). So I see the point of "moaners". They feel they have been cheated of an actual sequel.

Also, we've been looking for a sequel... but I hear from GRIN_Wille that even though it is a sequel things are gonna change... sure, graphics, game engines, mission scripting, but not functionality and playability. If the changes you made were for the better then where are the thousands playing online? Obviously [GR] did something right... thosands played it, even when there were other options. Change does not always mean for the better, and lots of people are saying its not for the better. There are alot of neat features, but some things are lacking and that is what they are trying to say... and from it sounds like from GRIN is "Things are different, we intended them to be this way, we are not going to change." That's the impression I got (I can dig up posts if you like.) I am sad that is the way it is...

Maybe you didn't wanna follow in the footsteps of RSE and make your own name, but sometimes the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented.

This is a PS... I'm tired of people saying GRAW is a run-and-gun game... I'm a run and gun player and damit I could run and gun far better on [GR]! I don't know what game you guys played, but you ever been running across airbase seen someone and hit the deck firing?? Run and gun. (Coming from the airplane... That's after you shot the guy in the tower, shot the sniper peaking around that first hanger and naded the guy gliching the hill... oh yeah, and that damn fool in the doorway of that control tower building!!)

I agree everyone has the right to be heard, and they can say whatever they want about the game. I also agree with you on why they post, and not wanting to be drowned in the sea of other posts.

But when there are 100 posts stating the same thing you are wanting to post, and none of the feedback is good, and or the questions or points made in the thread were never addressed, chances are your thread wont make a difference either. More often than not it is going to be responded to with more hostlility than the original post on the same subject made earlier.

Anyway, My apologies if I made anyone mad, but there comes a point when everything has been said, and its time to move on and fix the problems, or leave them behind and find some new ones elsewhere.

Yeah sorry Recluse, I know you don't, been a rough day at the office shouldn't have taken it out on you, I apoligize.

No worries man. I dont take anything personal here on the forums. I did not mean to come off as a nay sayer to people who have problems, thats not my goal in life. So as in my last post, I apologize for anything I did to add to the argument.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

Maby the negativity needs to be stated to show the volume of gr community members unhappy with graw with varying degrees. without continual posting it is hard to judge how many people are happy/ dissapointed in the game and if the ratio is changing over time. Once things are done to solve the roots of the negativity then the negative posts will drop off. Basically when the now growing group of unhappy community members see graw get fixed into what it should be or find something else that fills the hole in gaming that graw should have been then the forums will become positive as they were for the last 5 years.

at least this is how i see it. So come on grin show us what you are made of in this next patch and make us let down gr fans believers.

Logos how do you know what i do and don't feel.

when someone is active in any kind of culture that represents their background then see's someone who has never really experienced it step up and perform as if they are from that background it's the same feeling. Especially when that culture happens to come from a sense of loss and dissenfranchisement then they see someone from a privlidged back ground act as if they are one of you and reap the benefits from the association.

Don't be telling people what they do and don't know or feel when you don't know that person or their back ground.

No, I'm telling you that you don't know how a that rapper feels, how the person who CREATES something feels, when it is corrupted. You haven't created anything. You said "we" made GR what it was, only you didn't "create" GR. You were a fan of it. And for you to conflate your involvement in GR to a level where you compare yourself to the actual artist(s) who created it, you are off, WAY off.

Actually i used the general term 'ghetto rappers'. I wasn't reffering to one rapper who had had is exact song ripped off by a middle class ghetto rapper wanna be or had a song that is a kind of sequal to it. Because i used the plural i was refering to all rappers from ghettos who use that artform to express their state of mind and culture. I did say 'rappers' and not 'rap star'. Anyone can be a rapper just as anyone can be part of the game culture in some role.

As a realism gamer i'm part of the realism game culture. Just as a ghetto rap star can't do what he does without afficionados to appreciate it so the realism game culture can't exist without the players. Same thing, no conflation except where you see what isn't there.

So Just as a guy from the ghetto who is into rap and maybe dabbles in it might not like it when someone who obviously comes from a different background steps in and assumes the look and feel and sound of his way of life . . . . so the player involved in the realism game culture feels when some publisher recognizes the buzz a certain game creates in that culture and steps in to create a sequel that is capitalizing on its 'cred' in that community yet marketing it to a different community.

You dude are the one who is WAY off.

Oh, and in anticipation of you trying to convolute what was said earier, just go back above and read it again to save me explaining it in a future reply.

' date='Jun 29 2006, 01:45 PM' post='393293']

Let's make this easy:

1) People who care that GRAW is not enough like GR1, go play GR1.

2) People that do not care, send me nude photos of any HOT female friends or relatives you have.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

email addy?

im not going to say a bad thing .

i like the tdm i dont play coop or dm.

was wondering when the next patch will be out to fix the cdkey bug.

and will you add lms an tdm would make ladder matching easy.

after all thats why i bought 2 copys . an will you let us have server control game spy sucks.

thxs

' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:45 AM' post='393293']

2) People that do not care, send me nude photos of any HOT female friends or relatives you have.

This is just plain scary... LOL Having nude photos of relatives! Maybe it's just me... But... you get the point.

IF GRAW had principal features of [GR] and had not so raw engine, I think we haven't so many dissatisfied men. That's simple.

I can't imagine many not liking the game, especially since we only represent a VERY small portion of those who bought the game. Who knows how many really liked it and who didn't.