Why we have GRAW not like as OGR?

So, why we have GRAW not like as [GR]?

What does it mean?

That means:

1 - why principal features like hand, leg, head injuring, injury motion, prone "hard-to-turn" motions are not allowed

2 - why we hadn't classic [GR] game modes when game relized

3 - why we have a raw game with many bugs

4 - why GRAW so fanciful: 4 soldiers vs ARMY of terrorists (do you like Hollywood blockbusters?)

5 - and principal question: why GRAW is Ghost Recon?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, why we have GRAW not like as [GR]?

What does it mean?

That means:

1 - why principal features like hand, leg, head injuring, injury motion, prone "hard-to-turn" motions are not allowed

2 - why we hadn't classic [GR] game modes when game relized

3 - why we have a raw game with many bugs

4 - why GRAW so fanciful: 4 soldiers vs ARMY of terrorists (do you like Hollywood blockbusters?)

5 - and principal question: why GRAW is Ghost Recon?

I dunno really how to answer questions 1 - 4 frankly. But I think question 5 is the most fascinating question. I think that is something the devs need to answer.

I'll ask it again for you in a slightly different way.

Do you consider GRAW to be Ghost Recon and if so.......why? <_<

Because if it's the same game it's called an expansion, not a game.

And if you read through the threads, you can probably find where this discussion has taken place 50 or so times, and if GRIN hasn't stepped in and answered to your satisfaction, they're not going to. so no reason for a new thread.

Easy solution:

Grin...please...PLEASE change the name from Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter to Montezuma's Mexico Shoot-'Em-Up. That way, people will stop comparing it to the original, and people will stop complaining why it's not just a re-packaged version of the original.

Then again, they may complain that it's not enough like Montezuma's Revenge for the C64.

...Many times and we haven't concrete answers.

I was quite upset too when Dark Forces:Jedi knight came out and realised it was notihng like the original Dark Forces. what was this? a third person mode?lightsabers? this is outrageous! then I realised how much better it was than the original. hum.

not comparing or anything tho, im just saying, things change, there are probably one hundred and six reason as to why GRAW isnt just like [GR] but I dont know why really. Its just GRAW.

The way I see it, GRIN was given a job to do. Make a game entitled Ghost Recon Something. They said, sure Ghost Recon Something sounds like a cool name for a game. How about Advanced Warfighter. Awesome. They then finished the game up as well as they could and released it, unfinished but at least it plays pretty darned good and looks really cool. Then someone brought up the fact that there was already a game called Ghost Recon that was released a few years back and then had a horrible console sequel. Oops, now the Ghost Recon fans are mad at them because they used the name. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to use the name but hey, it helped them sell thousands(?) more copies. That's business.

If you'll notice most of the guys here who post in the GRAW forums in support of the game are newer members, which means that they either didn't play GR or they just didn't have anything to say about it. Others come from the newer Rainbow Six game forums which isn't GR either. It's kind of difficult for me to relate to these guys who just got here or weren't active in the community until just recently when the flashy new game came out. So, to you guys, don't take offense, when you've been around for awhile longer and GR4 or 5 is released, I think you'll have something more solid to stand on.

AW is not GR, it wasn't intended to be. Some people simply wanted a continuation to the GR series which is what is implied by naming the game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. If they would have named it GR:AW and turned it into an adventure genre game or a RTS a lot more of you would be complaining as well. It's pretty close to GR but it's missing too many of the key elements that set GR apart.

' date='Jun 29 2006, 06:45 PM' post='393293']

Let's make this easy:

1) People who care that GRAW is not enough like GR1, go play GR1.

2) People that do not care, send me nude photos of any HOT female friends or relatives you have.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

:rofl::rofl:

I played Flashpoint but this game is not have real environment. Too many open spaces.

wich one?GRAW or Flashpoint? you lost me halfway my russian friend!

The way I see it, GRIN was given a job to do. Make a game entitled Ghost Recon Something. They said, sure Ghost Recon Something sounds like a cool name for a game. How about Advanced Warfighter. Awesome. They then finished the game up as well as they could and released it, unfinished but at least it plays pretty darned good and looks really cool. Then someone brought up the fact that there was already a game called Ghost Recon that was released a few years back and then had a horrible console sequel. Oops, now the Ghost Recon fans are mad at them because they used the name. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to use the name but hey, it helped them sell thousands(?) more copies. That's business.

If you'll notice most of the guys here who post in the GRAW forums in support of the game are newer members, which means that they either didn't play GR or they just didn't have anything to say about it. Others come from the newer Rainbow Six game forums which isn't GR either. It's kind of difficult for me to relate to these guys who just got here or weren't active in the community until just recently when the flashy new game came out. So, to you guys, don't take offense, when you've been around for awhile longer and GR4 or 5 is released, I think you'll have something more solid to stand on.

AW is not GR, it wasn't intended to be. Some people simply wanted a continuation to the GR series which is what is implied by naming the game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. If they would have named it GR:AW and turned it into an adventure genre game or a RTS a lot more of you would be complaining as well. It's pretty close to GR but it's missing too many of the key elements that set GR apart.

I think Ubi just betrayed real Ghost Recon fans when they relized GRAW. Because GRAW have not much similarities with [GR]. I think they named GRAW like Ghost Recon because they want to have more money. But this is a real betray! I hate it!

Edited by RLT-Olegrus

I played Flashpoint but this game is not have real environment. Too many open spaces.

A version of Operation Flashpoint (VBS) is used to train soldiers in the Military. Why would the Military use a game if it did not depict real world? Just because the maps do not look like your home town area does not mean there are not places like that.

It is by far the best Real War sim even after 5 or 6 years of being out.

It's kind of difficult for me to relate to these guys who just got here or weren't active in the community until just recently when the flashy new game came out. So, to you guys, don't take offense, when you've been around for awhile longer and GR4 or 5 is released, I think you'll have something more solid to stand on.

That's irrelevant. I've played "series" games before. If the sequel does not live up to ones expectaions, or deviates too much from the original and offends ones sensibilities, simply move on. The principle of the argument is still valid, whether one applies it to GR, Splinter Cell, Myst, or any other series.

Not trying to pick a fight here or start an argument. Just pointing out a logical inconsistency.