POW Camp

Im trying to remake the POW Camp from [GR].

so far it is good,

but every time I try to export it(twice so far) it doesnt turn out well(the lightmap stuff, just out of curiosity I noticed that you dont have to render light maps to export it, will it have any bad effect on the game/gameplay to export it w/o lightmaps?

a screen shot.....

powcampremake.jpg

and a comparison

POWCAMP.jpg

what do you all think?

sry for the small 2nd pic....

NOTE: I had to change the wall now it is a shanty fence....the IND wall came out untextured in ghetto

I'm making it deathmatch at first

but may make it for TDM too.

Good idea on this one. This should convert very nicely and be a good representation of the original. I think there were a couple of inaccessable areas in the original, any way you can open those up for us in this version?

yep they are accesable!--I cant seem to find the bunkers from the Deathmatch map Industrial that you can walk in so all the bunkers are closed like the orig.

and the hospital building from the orig is a large residence instead

the gates are open instead of closed and there is guard towers instead to represent the guard houses by each gate, and the guard towers at the corners.

but I have one problem now,

after rendering it again (and it looks really good now) there are three objects that dont have textures, is there a way to remove them w/o having to re-render it totally?(I dont want to wait another 5-6 hrs.......

the one thing critics who will come here need to understand is that, the buildings used for maps are the same ones that were used for GR ,(of course right??) So we are left to try and recreate these maps with what we have available.

Now however, I'm optimistic that Grin will release some sort of rural expansion(I'm hoping) for GRAW and that should increase the amount of buildings, trees and just types available to work with. Personally I'd like to see evergreens or pine trees and regular bushes.

here are a few(11) in-game screens

the gate to the inaccesable area to the north.

NorthInaccessable.jpg

the gate to the inaccesable area to the south

Southinaccesable.jpg

the inside of the south inaccesable

insidesouthinaccesable.jpg

the hospital

thehospital.jpg

from the top of the hospital looking towards the main prison area

fromthetopofthehospital.jpg

2 of the main area

maincourtyard.jpg

maincourtyard2.jpg

Looking in from the outside of the North gate

outsidenorthgate.jpg

Looking in from the South gate

outsidesouthgate.jpg

fenced off area where the POWs were in the [GR] map

thatchainlinkfencedarea.jpg

and a close up of the untextured object

theincriminatingobject.jpg

lemme know what you think!

Good idea on this one. This should convert very nicely and be a good representation of the original. I think there were a couple of inaccessable areas in the original, any way you can open those up for us in this version?

yep they are accesable!--I cant seem to find the bunkers from the Deathmatch map Industrial that you can walk in so all the bunkers are closed like the orig.

and the hospital building from the orig is a large residence instead

the gates are open instead of closed and there is guard towers instead to represent the guard houses by each gate, and the guard towers at the corners.

but I have one problem now,

after rendering it again (and it looks really good now) there are three objects that dont have textures, is there a way to remove them w/o having to re-render it totally?(I dont want to wait another 5-6 hrs.......

the bunkers are part of the ghetto map list of items. I was tinkering with those lastnight

yes and if i can be picky picky ... would like the ambient light to be very dary ... yes , very good , dark .

.......how do I do that?

UPDATE: after it re-exported(originally said 6hr 30min only took like 3)

now the gun and walls are purple...... :(

gotta try again

and TDM will be coming as soon as possible,

the map is just too big for DM unless you get like 6-7+ guys on....

whoo those entrances loooks really cool!:)

Thank you!!

btw, is it possible to change the direction the mounted machine gun's barrel points?

I have been able to change the direction of the tripod but not the gun its-self.

hmm I dont really know, ill ask someone tommorow, and get back to you

downlaoding now..

dude i got this error when loading the map:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.16

Attempt to grow archive custom_levels\powcampremake.bundle beyond limits

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\utils\dev\editor\worldholder.dsf(0)

data\levels\custom_levels\pow camp remake\pow camp remake.dsf(0)