GRIN: Please Help w/Editor

AlexSledge

Ok, here's the issue. It takes a long time to render a map, I'm ok with that, I have multiple PC's, let me design a map on one, when ready copy it to the other and export away.

DVD required :(

Any recommendations other than buying a second copy for exporting maps? Is your copy protection easy enough to alter so that when running in editor mode it doesn't require the disc?

Ok, here's the issue. It takes a long time to render a map, I'm ok with that, I have multiple PC's, let me design a map on one, when ready copy it to the other and export away.

Any recommendations other than buying a second copy for exporting maps? Is your copy protection easy enough to alter so that when running in editor mode it doesn't require the disc?

auto censored

Edited by Attila

alternate the dvd from one computer to the other maybe?

I think the game don't need dvd once lauched, i don't know about the editor, never had to try

I dont think we are allowed to answer this as this might in some weird legal way be considered piracy, I really would like to help tho :(

I dont think we are allowed to answer this as this might in some weird legal way be considered piracy, I really would like to help tho :(

Umm yeah....Getting around the copy protection is piracy. I know it sucks but that's technology.

really? thats soo easy to fall on the dark side.... glad i didn't do it.

Thats like communisme, they alway have something on you.... so this way you are alway a criminal even if you don't know it... and they can arrest you anytime

Edited by Attila

It is perfectly legal to modify the files of the game to run without a cd/dvd as long as you own the game, now if you had downloaded it illegaly it would have come with that cd patch already and you wouldnt be here so ... I think its safe to assume that you own the game.

Anyway happy compiling ... btw just dont try to play online with those modified files bad things can happen ...

I didn't want cracks or anything. I know there are other programs that protect the game, yet don't hinder you from using the tools associated with the game. Also, last time I checked the game wasn't in any way sold on it's merits of having a built in editor or anything, so I also wouldn't consider being able to render the programs on an alternate PC piracy by the broadest definition of the term.

For the time being I am doing the PITA thing of moving the disc between machines as necessary to re-launch the editor (fixing the bug in the editor that crashes it when you load other maps would alleviate this some, then I can just leave the editor running for weeks as I copy created maps to where they need to be across the network, load and export them...)

And when it hits the bargain bin, if the community is still strong after all these problems with the anti-cheat and server tools I may snag a copy and give in to my laziness. *shrug*