Game and Multiplayer Suggestions

Movement

NUMBER 1

Player should not be able to run without getting tired at some point.

NUMBER 2

Player should be able to do a combat roll when strafting left or right and hitting prone.

Shooting

NUMBER 1

Too much smoke when shooting certain weps.

Multiplayer

NUMBER 1

Should be able to bypass mission discription and go straight to battle.

NUMBER 2

Should have restart misson option

NUMBER 3

Should have kit restriction option

though, we already have topics for this. Posting another one only shows how interested the community is in this game, so I'm for it.

I disagree with 3 of your points, Player should be able to run as much as he wants, its a complicated thing. For example, you are running from an enemy and your get tired all of a sudden and cannot proceed? In real life, it doesn't matter how tired you are, if you are in danger your body will remove its limits to ensure your life.

It is only logical to allow the player to run as long as he deems fit. The consequence to it though is that after running your aim is very far out until you it centeres back in (takes about 3 seconds)

Too much smoke? You mean debree? I never see any of my guns smoke =p. Debree is an effect you get when you hit dirt/concrete. it depends what your bullets are hitting.

Combat rolls? I don't see a need for them...I am not sure how that would work.

Edited by XenoSoft

I disagree on point 1(read XenoSofts post). I disagree on movement point 2. It's unnecessary and it whould need new animations.

I aslo disagree on the shooting point. Haven't noticed any smoke at all. Or atleast I haven't thought about it.

I agree on MP point 1 but I don't know what you mean at point 2.

EDIT: Now IF the animators could create new animations for us, then a roll in prone mode whould be nice. Like in Delta Force BH down.

Edited by Hockeystick

You DO get tired by runnig to much (check the color of your heartbeat, down left) and this does is effect your ability to aim! try zooming in completly rested and then try it after running a while, the heavier your weapon the bigger the effect. the sniper rifle is a little exception though since it has by far the longest zoom time already, running does effect it though but not like the other weapons.

You DO get tired by running to much (check the color of your heartbeat, down left) and this does is effect your ability to aim! try zooming in completely rested and then try it after running a while, the heavier your weapon the bigger the effect. the sniper rifle is a little exception though since it has by far the longest zoom time already, running does effect it though but not like the other weapons.

The problem is that many players don't even notice/know of this effect on aim ... it's extremely subtle and most players certainly do not check the heartbeat when in game. ...and players who actually do notice it may even think the moving aim is mouse lag or a bug...

In GR you had the noticeable visual effect of the slow reticule and effect on breathing sound when injured.

In AW you have no such thing that is clearly visible or audible, to indicate you are tired, at least not when scoped (I do not count the electrocardiogram in the bottom left because nobody looks there...)

Suggestion:

Consider adding a background 'heavy breathing' sound after a certain period of running with increasing intensity/frequency the more "tired" you are...

That would probably make the player more aware of this effect on stamina and increase the immersive feel of the game.

Fix?

Also the reticule spread when firing 'from the hip' does not actually reflect the actual spread of the bullets, like in GR. In AW the bullet spread is much more tighter than the moving reticule (dots) show... I hope this can be fixed, i.e., so that the reticule do reflects actual spread... :)

Well,Peace...the players not even noticing the inferface is really the communities fault. It is one of my gripes with the interfeace. If it were interactive like the XBOX 360 version

(where it stands out, rather then my eyes go looking for it)

But the community wanted the interface toned down so much that it is basicly...not their. I have to search for my ammo, and I have to search for my pulse, it should pop up right at me like the original layout would have allowed, but it doesnt' with this toned down interface.

Another example of that is the navigation, when it picking sounds It flashes, I don't even know which direction because the colors arn't bright enough, it doesn't pop up at me, again something the community wanted.

Also, I don't get this.

"and players who actually do notice it may even think the moving aim is mouse lag or a bug..." So they notice it, and they think it something else?XD Well it works, and they think its bug/lag?

However, I do agree with you on the sound! I should here heavy breathing after running! (good point)

When you run in GRAW, you will notice the 4 marks very far and distant from the center, it may not represent the speard of fire, but what it does inform me is that targets over 50 meters will be a pain to hit (I know this, I've tried it) Even when walking, if you are over 50-60 meters, I won't hit you dead on, I may get lucky have 1-3 of sparys in your general direction hit you (and in GRAW 2-3 hits and you are dead.

but I also wouldn't mind it your way too peace, either way is good to me.

Well,Peace...the players not even noticing the inferface is really the communities fault. It is one of my gripes with the interfeace. If it were interactive like the XBOX 360 version

(where it stands out, rather then my eyes go looking for it)

I probably wasn't clear enough... the 'hud' should definitely be toned down (as GR was), that is not the problem.

I simply mean than GRIN implemented an effect of being tired, which is good! :thumbsup: , but they did not follow it through by including other sensory input of that feeling..like sound. That would have made the feature more complete.

Also, I don't get this.

"and players who actually do notice it may even think the moving aim is mouse lag or a bug..." So they notice it, and they think it something else?XD Well it works, and they think its bug/lag?

Yes, I have heard of players that have confused this effect with mouselag. Once again, I think a adequate breathing sound would have avoided this confusion...

To be honest, I did not even notice this effect myself, until after a couple of weeks when I recalled that Bo had said something about it, and I carefully looked for it :blink: ...that is why I think it is too subtle and, in my opinion, needs to get boosted somehow...

i don't think posts like these are working too well. everyone and their mother are trying to tell GRIN how to fix the game based on what's important to them. judging by the diversity of all this feedback since 1.16 the community hasn't figured out exactly what kind of gameplay it wants. a lot of opinions contradict each other and i believe it's giving GRIN a lot of headache to decide what changes to go with. imo, the best course of action would be to set up a massive poll, warning people that these changes might never actually happen, but their opinions are appreciated, something like this...

WALK/RUN MODE POLL

1.add shuffle mode.

2.speed up walk mode.

3.allow firing in run mode.

4.leave as is in 1.16.

WEAPONS/RETICLE POLL

1.decrease off the hip accuracy and increase bullet spread to match the crosshairs.

2.inrease overall accuracy, plus match the crosshairs bullet spread.

3.change crosshair/weapon behavior to match GR1.

4.leave as is in 1.16.

and so on and so forth... something like this should give GRIN an idea which way to tweak the gameplay. imo we need to slow it down and make the wepons a bit harder to handle.

Movement

NUMBER 1

Player should not be able to run without getting tired at some point.

NUMBER 2

Player should be able to do a combat roll when strafting left or right and hitting prone.

Shooting

NUMBER 1

Too much smoke when shooting certain weps.

Multiplayer

NUMBER 1

Should be able to bypass mission discription and go straight to battle.

NUMBER 2

Should have restart misson option

NUMBER 3

Should have kit restriction option

I disagree with Number 1, Who cares its a game and plus if you run for too long your aim is off. Number 2 I wouldn't mind. The rest I dont really care about, they don't bother me.