GRIN : How to make objects 'walkable'

Psi

To GRIN or anyone who knows it, how can you make some of the objects so that you can walk through them. Like the low bushes , they are a prop but you cannot give it any option that people can walk through them...they are like solid now which isn't good :P

I know that in mission 12 'NORAD on the Line' there are bushes that you can walk through. Anyway that we can set these props to have the same statistics??

Hmm no , but I thought it would be possible inside the editor? :huh:

I might be wrong..but I think that all those advanced properties are scripted inside the xml and the editor simply reads it...

Exactly. It's a level editor and not a object editor.

That being said, is there a way to do as asked?

what you ask can be done yes. providing you are certain you seen it in norad on the line. you would simply import the norad map into the editor find the bush you are describing and "tag" the object using the name_id when you have done that save and exit then open the world.xml file search the .xml for your tag and see what the objects properties are.

this is all i can advise you as im only getting to grips with ther editor myself.

I might be wrong..but I think that all those advanced properties are scripted inside the xml and the editor simply reads it...

Well most level editor's I have worked with allowed the user to set 'some' statistics/preferences for objects. But oh well I will just edit the xml file then :D

Well most level editor's I have worked with allowed the user to set 'some' statistics/preferences for objects. But oh well I will just edit the xml file then :D

most editors dont let you edit maps inside the actual game..:)

just go into the xml for the object and change the body template from whatever it is right now(probably static) to "debris" now you should be able to walk right thru!

most editors dont let you edit maps inside the actual game..:)

just go into the xml for the object and change the body template from whatever it is right now(probably static) to "debris" now you should be able to walk right thru!

SWEEET thanks alot! *continues making his level*

BTW quick question, where are all the props brush / (grafitti) stored ?

Edited by Psi