Ghost Recon.net Forums

GRAW Crash (GRiN input appreciated)

I'm having an issue with a Domination map that appears to crash when switching sides. It plays through fine for an entire round, but when it goes to switch sides, after ~1-2 seconds of play:

GRAW.exe has encountered a problem.....

It is indeed graw.exe which is crashing according to the error signature.

Are there any known causes for this (perhaps from internal GRIN testing? Others testing? Specifically with regards to something amiss in a .bundle or the contents thereof.

Very strange that it has no problem with a single run through, so maybe some sort of between mission clean up issue?

I know why I believe.

Go back into the Editor and double check these things:

1. You have placed Spawn dummies in Alpha and also the final Section, for example Hotel. Also, make sure you have a few Spawn dummies in all of the other zones in between.

2. Make sure none of the zones are overlapping, if you're placing them near eachother its quite easy to slightly overlap one and not really notice.

3. Check that you chose Alpha zone as Base 1 in MP Menu, and that you chose the last zone as Base 2. The zones in between should be Base 0's.

If that doesnt work consider erasing all zones and reentering them.

Let me know if those fixes work, if not Ill troubleshoot some more ideas.

BTW, TALKING BEERMUG, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NEEDING SOMEONE ON US SIDE. IVE TESTED THEM BOTH WAYS I THINK. I REMEMBER TESTING THE MEX SIDE AND IT CRASHED, BUT THEN I CHECKED EDITOR, REALIZED I HAD PLACED SOME SPAWN DUMMIES OUTSIDE THE MEX ZONE, AND I SPAWNED INTO ONE OF THEM, CAUSING CRASH. AFTER I FIXED THIS IT WORKED IM SURE OF IT - ILL GET BACK TO YOU.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Things I've already tested:

-Players on both teams when map switches

-spawn_dummy objects well within both team spawn zones

-no more than one zone set to team 1, and one set to team 2

-no overlapping zones (setting snap to 1000 for zone placement helps)

Having spawn_dummy objects in zones other than the team zones doesn't make sense, otherwise the tutorial map would crash when switching sides (and they'd have mentioned putting a few spawn dummies in every zone).

Also, when hosted on a dedicated server it does NOT crash, only when in host & play mode.

Thanks for the input, any other ideas (or official GRIN hints?)