Stop trying to remake GR1 maps.

I have seen a few posts in the community of people trying to make classic GR1 maps. Being a big GR1 fan I appreciate the nostalgia. BUT if you are gonna try to remake maps like embassy and castle day using the the objects already in the map editor they really look like s h i t. (I do not mean to offend anyone) Unless you are gonna make your own objects in the editor please dont try with the crap provided for you. Use your skill to make original maps, not a "trying to be.....". Again I don't wan't to offend any of you already trying to recreate a classic, I just wish you would use you talent to create something original. Everyone knows that we weren't given enough maps from the developers for this game to last very long.

I have seen a few posts in the community of people trying to make classic GR1 maps. Being a big GR1 fan I appreciate the nostalgia. BUT if you are gonna try to remake maps like embassy and castle day using the the objects already in the map editor they really look like s h i t. (I do not mean to offend anyone) Unless you are gonna make your own objects in the editor please dont try with the crap provided for you. Use your skill to make original maps, not a "trying to be.....". Again I don't wan't to offend any of you already trying to recreate a classic, I just wish you would use you talent to create something original. Everyone knows that we weren't given enough maps from the developers for this game to last very long.

FYI, this topic was not posted by me under a pseudonym.

Thank you.

Edited by sleeper

FYI, this topic was not posted by me under a pseudonym.

Thank you.

This is the one and only name I use for online gaming. Let me catch someone using it as a psuedonym :o= .

Just to clarify, I'm not stating that I agree or disagree with your post. I just read it and thought it sounded exactly like the kind of thing that i've been known to say. Maybe people that know me may have wondered if I was posting under a different name. I was attempting to poke fun at myself while having a bit of a laugh is all. ;)

No need to get defensive sleeper. I am new to GR.net and wanted people to know that I'm not someones alternate ego for making comments that they are affraid to.

this is getting scary.I mean.fightclub scary.

also, I thank you for calling our game contents crap. :rocky::rocky:

I've been playing around a bit with the map editor now. Was thinking of a remake from R6. Something simple yet good for gameplay & not that big. Close quarter combat focused.

However being a newbie to mapmaking it takes time.

I don't think it's such a big deal if people make remakes with the use of GRAW textures, theres nothing else to use at the moment.

So why not just make it GRAW'ish`? I understand the enviorments & textures can get old after seeing the same thing over and over...

I don't think it's such a big deal if people make remakes with the use of GRAW textures, theres nothing else to use at the moment.

patience guys.. the ghost leader and the teacup are already makin' sweet love :wub:

teacup.jpg

heh - that's a big pot of tea. are you english?

Sorry, my fault for getting into a discussion with newer people. You would have to be familiar with some of my older(GR1) posts to understand my joke. I can't see where someone thought I was getting defensive or combative though. Wrong audience for my humor I guess.

BTW, I don't agree with your topic post. Let people make what they want to make, if you like GRAW you'll probably like the maps that users make and if you're not making anything better you should just stay quiet, it's rather rude to criticize modders' work when you have done nothing yourself. ;)

I'M NEW, HEAR ME, I HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR, I'M NOT SOMEONE ELSE!

yeah, I get it.

hmmm, i was just scetching layouts for three maps...

village (in 4 versions) farm (4 versions) and bridges (4...)

each in the layout we know, but in the mexico setting, using the right props i think it can be very nice (at least in side my head)

while at work i could almost play the maps :P

i think the props if used wisely can be perfect, just need to find the right lighting for the maps

but don't worry OP, i am a slow starter ......

I have been playing the "embassy" mod called downtown and basically SCE_Slaughter should keep his bad mouth shut in my opinion..As Sleeper says..unless you are doing something a lot better you should say nothing bad about other peoples mods..

I for one think ulzeals mod has brought back the old GR feeling to GRAW..And hope more GR modled maps are on the way.

I have been playing the "embassy" mod called downtown and basically SCE_Slaughter should keep his bad mouth shut in my opinion..As Sleeper says..unless you are doing something a lot better you should say nothing bad about other peoples mods..

I for one think ulzeals mod has brought back the old GR feeling to GRAW..And hope more GR modled maps are on the way.

yeah, and if you have a map or whatever that you really like, whats so wrong about paying hommage to it and recreate it your own way, with the tools that you have? everyone doesnt know how to use a 3d package such like 3dsmax, I think its really great that basicly EVERYONE can make maps with this !

SCE_Slaughter Today, 01:47 AM Post #1

Recruit - 3rd Class

Group: Members

Member No.: 11,751

I'll make or remake any map I want if you don't like it don't download it! No one out there is holding a gun to you head and saying download this and that map.

yeah, and if you have a map or whatever that you really like, whats so wrong about paying hommage to it and recreate it your own way, with the tools that you have? everyone doesnt know how to use a 3d package such like 3dsmax, I think its really great that basicly EVERYONE can make maps with this !

This is one thing that I really do think is great about GRAW as opposed to GR1. The fact that anyone can make a map with the tools. In GR1 anyone could make missions but not maps at all without 3dstudio max. Once modders can create their own objects then there will be a huge library of objects that anyone can use and much more variety in user made maps. This is a huge positive aspect of GRAW that shouldn't be overlooked. I do have my own personal dislikes about the game, believe me, but this does stand out as something great that GR1 needed but did not have. I do give a big :thumbsup: to GRIN for this.

also, I thank you for calling our game contents crap. :rocky::rocky:

What I meant by that was that they are crap if you are trying to remake a GR1 map, by all means your game is not crap.

I guess I made alot of you mad with my statemnt, it was not my intention. What I was trying to get acrosss is that remaking GR1 maps with the objects in the map editor they come out looking nothing like the originals. Maybe I am wrong and some of you will prove it, if so :thumbsup:

Although the editor is cool, I do agree that the editor's content at this moment is minimal to create something special.

Particularly the static objects are lacking.

Static objects can not be elevated, making elevation in a terrain (critical for tactical gameplay) impossible.

Sure, there are elevating floortiles, but they can't be used because there aren't any floortiles available to connect to it on a higher level.

How about that export-tutorial for Max, Wille? :whistle:

I'm sure a lot of regular GR modders are standing in line to get some original content into GRAW.