Downtown release DM and TDM available

uZeal

This is a "remake" of Embassy but be aware it is not completely like it and has many differences. The same basic layout is the same and there are similarities. The map is finished to my liking it actually turned out to be a pretty big map. Both DM and TDM versions are available and Ill probably make a DOM mode in the future.

Known Issues: The tactical map for this doesnt actually seem to work so I appologize but I dont really know how to fix it.

To Download: Click the link wait a few seconds click the free download, wait more seconds then click the http download. Im sorry for the hassle to download this hopefully I can get some mirrors. I have them on filefront now with seems to be better so i reccomend you use that.

To install: Put the .bundle file in your custom_levels folder.

FileFront:

DM_Downtown

TDM_Downtown

Other:

DM_Downtown

TDM_Downtown

Here are some screenshots.

I'll definitely check the map out, but I do have one small comment beforehand. One of the original Domination maps is called Downtown, so you might want to call it something else just to avoid confusion and potential bugs in how it gets listed.

Yeah I do realize that there is a Downtown map already. I never really played much domination before so i wasnt aware till recently. I think i might keep the map the same Hopefully it wont really be a problem I think it will show up in the sever browser as Downtown_TDM and Downtown_DM so hopefully it wont cause too much of a problem.

If someone would like to host the map on their server either version that would be great. I kinda want to actually play the map but I've never been able to before. So if you host it please post your server here, thanks.

Edited by uZeal

To all you modders really, a big thankyou for all your hard work

and I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy trying out your works.

Best regards

viii

I just hope people like it and play it, otherwise it just reduces to me wasting my time during unemployment. Though i guess it was better than me getting a few more levels in some mmog.

Edited by uZeal

I just hope people like it and play it, otherwise it just reduces to me wasting my time during unemployment. Though i guess it was better than me getting a few more levels in some mmog.

thanks...going to check it out later :)

This is a "remake" of Embassy but be aware it is not completely like it and has many differences. The same basic layout is the same and there are similarities. The map is finished to my liking it actually turned out to be a pretty big map. Both DM and TDM versions are available and Ill probably make a DOM mode in the future.

Known Issues: The tactical map for this doesnt actually seem to work so I appologize but I dont really know how to fix it.

To Download: Click the link wait a few seconds click the free download, wait more seconds then click the http download. Im sorry for the hassle to download this hopefully I can get some mirrors. I have them on filefront now with seems to be better so i reccomend you use that.

FileFront:

DM_Downtown

TDM_Downtown

Other:

DM_Downtown

TDM_Downtown

FileFront:

DM_Downtown

TDM_Downtown

Other:

DM_Downtown

TDM_Downtown

AOD is hosting tdm well done thxs if you get more tdm maps done let me now .

www.teamaod.net we will host them can map grids be put in would be a nice touch for ladder matching .

Thanks so much for host the map guys, it was fun to actually play it and I was happy that people seemed to like it. By the way the map is listed at either "Downtown_DM" or "Downtown_TDM" on the server list guys.

Edited by uZeal

i like the map a lot, cheers! But i can't see any not even remote similarities with 'Embassy' =8

Well the layout of the map is similar and I tried to use the best building appropriate for the ones in the old map. Im not sure why you dont notice similarities at least in the middle area but oh well Im glad you liked it anyway.

Uzeal & other modders,

1) Great work. Very fun stuff.

After playing War and Downtown TDM maps awhile on BDA, I have a few things to report:

1) As Uzeal already knows, Downtown has a fence that can be blow up, which allows players to get inside the fenced area around a building. There is a hole that you can fall into there and it's pretty terrific graphically. But you can't kill yourself and you are stuck.

2) Game does not end when one team is eliminated.

3) TK's are huge point killers. You may want to tone that down unless you don't have the option to.

4) A tad bit of fog would be nice on War so that we don't have spawn to spawn killing. Still good placement of obstacles here.

Enjoying the hell outta these and really look forward to all the maps evolving.