Ghost Recon.net Forums

Yeah i know...i tried clicking scrolling...throwing my mouse..;) but i can only turn prop like items and thats with the arrow keys not the mouse....for some reason i cant get static objects to turn..like buildings and such.

Yeah i know...i tried clicking scrolling...throwing my mouse..;) but i can only turn prop like items and thats with the arrow keys not the mouse....for some reason i cant get static objects to turn..like buildings and such.

exactly the same problem im having, GR:AW has roads in it that are inclined and various areas of terrain that are also inclined. i could import an existing map and have a look at it but i was hoping someone knew a faster way.

ok, i had a look at the ingame maps that include lots of inclines, avenues is the best for it...and found it appears to be a completely seperate static object, one that does not appear in the list of usable objects. i can click on it and move it around like a normal piece of road but cannot adjust the hight of the incline.

im very curious as it does appear to be a basic road with a 15-25degree incline on it. still appears as a cube object, unlike the props which actually rotate in freeform. can someone shed abit of light on the matter.

ok, after abit of poking around ive found afew things.

this static object appears on the maps....

<unit name="gh_road_2_lane_elevated_10m" unit_id="2192" name_id="######">

<light force_light="false" light_on="false"/>

<position pos_x="-6250" pos_y="-3250" pos_z="-250"/>

<rotation yaw="0" pitch="0" roll="90.000862"/>

<lightmap scale="1"/>

<spawn_points>

</spawn_points>

i used ((name_id="######")) to identify the static object threw the XML file. this is a road that goes uphill for one 10M section.

i have also found another way to get the road to go uphill if you tag the road you wish to incline by using name_id in the bottom left of the editor. then exit the editor use the (find) function to do a search for your keyword and adjust the rotation YAW it will tilt the road upward. BE WARNED i did an incline of 45degrees and my mechine completely locked up i need to hard reboot.

EXAMPLE

<unit name="road_2_lane_40m" unit_id="217" name_id="tilt">

<light force_light="false" light_on="false"/>

<position pos_x="-250" pos_y="750" pos_z="0"/>

<rotation yaw="10.000000" pitch="0" roll="0"/>

<lightmap scale="1"/>

<spawn_points>

</spawn_points>

this tilts the road 10degrees upward.

this is a massive MASSIVE pain in the *ss and i sincerly hope there is a "proper" way to do this threw the editor.

IM BACK!!!! another revalation came to me after my 3rd crash.

like i said before you can alter the incline of ANY static object using the XML file and altering the YAW of it. this is true, BUT never do it! :P reason is when you select the object for any reason in the editor after you apply it you get a system crash. you may think but how do you do it!!!! well as im aware of the objects that are native to the origional maps i can simply add the names inplace of the the static objects i have already layed.

so the way to do it is.......open your world.xml file and where you see

<unit name="road_2_lane_40m" unit_id="217" name_id="tilt"> this is the instruction to create a 40m road. what you do is alter the name road_2_lane_40m to any of the below objects so instead of

<unit name="road_2_lane_40m" unit_id="217" name_id="tilt"> a 40M road showing on the map

<unit name="gh_road_2_lane_elevated_10m" unit_id="217" name_id="tilt"> a 20M road with an incline of 25degrees will appear instead.

gh_road_2_lane_elevated_10m

gh_road_1_lane_elevated_10m

gh_road_1_lane_elevated_20m

gh_road_2_lane_elevated_20m

gh_road_sidewalk_elevated_10m

gh_road_sidewalk_elevated_20m

gh_road_sidewalk_elevated_10m_stairs

his_elevated_block_05_var01

his_elevated_block_04_var01

his_elevated_block_01

his_elevated_block_02

his_elevated_block_06

his_elevated_block_01_var01

his_elevated_block_02_var01

his_elevated_block_03_var01

his_elevated_block_04_var01

his_elevated_block_03_var01

his_elevated_block_06

his_elevated_block_01_var01

this list is all the elevated objects i could find. i havnt tested the "block" ones so i dont know what they are. i would also assume for the time being that all these come in 10/20meter versions.

im am shocked that these objects where not included in the static list and basically limit all mappers using the editor to use flat maps.

click your scroll wheel on your mouse. works on my MS lazer mouse 6000. that will rotate the object for you. but be sure to hit spacebar to lock the camera.

(static) objects can be turned but scrollwheel clicking and (props) can be placed then turned.

Edited by Papa6

Ok, I figured it out..well with the help of all the above posters..thnx My middle mouse button does rotate static objects but thats it. We really need more info on this editor like what keys do what and maybe even be able to assign keys to something in the editor.