How do you resize map view (radar)?

-Corax-

Does anyone know how to resize this (looks like the boundry of the radar) or is it limited by default?

debug_009.jpg

Nevermind I found the zones.xml (tl and br dimensions) file with border parameters...

Edited by -Corax-

Is there any way to change the size of that, I build some of my map that I want to use out side the border of that grid, now I cant move it or make it bigger, any way to?

My mouse functions are just too messed up, so if there is to way to resize it with a mouse it does not work for me.

I went ahead and edited the zones.xml file it should be in the working folder of the map your working on.

On the first few lines I noticed these default co-ordinates for the border:

tl (assuming its top left) set at -10000 10000 5000

br (assuming its bottom right) set at 10000 -10000 5000

I upped the (x,y) in 'tl' to -15000 15000 5000 & the 'tr' to 15000 -15000 5000

Voila, my zones now fits.

It appears correct in the map editor. I kept it a square just in case the radar in game does handle rectangular border, but I could be wrong. I will keep you posted when my map has finished exporting... 5hrs to go.

Edited by -Corax-

Is there any way to change the size of that, I build some of my map that I want to use out side the border of that grid, now I cant move it or make it bigger, any way to?

My mouse functions are just too messed up, so if there is to way to resize it with a mouse it does not work for me.

I went ahead and edited the zones.xml file it should be in the working folder of the map your working on.

On the first few lines I noticed these default co-ordinates for the border:

tl (assuming its top left) set at -10000 10000 5000

br (assuming its bottom right) set at 10000 -10000 5000

I upped the (x,y) in 'tl' to -15000 15000 5000 & the 'tr' to 15000 -15000 5000

Voila, my zones now fits.

It appears correct in the map editor. I kept it a square just in case the radar in game does handle rectangular border, but I could be wrong. I will keep you posted when my map has finished exporting... 5hrs to go.

You know you can render the map quick, When I want to test somthing I made I put 1 for how many times it renders the light, and under quailty I put draft, its done in about 30 secs, and I test all the stuff I need to.

You know you can render the map quick, When I want to test somthing I made I put 1 for how many times it renders the light, and under quailty I put draft, its done in about 30 secs, and I test all the stuff I need to.

Thanks for the hint, but the 4 times pass light map calculation is just a test if it correct the dark shadows I've been getting in the sewers. And yes I'm well aware of exporting without lightmaps...

I suspect that its the actual static objects invisible boundry somehow the lightmap is rendering a shadowmap on the object if it interects into another static object... I have to do further tests... perhaps GRiN can elighten us...

• 2 weeks later...

i need a quick hand conserning this area, i know from what has been said that the radar can be increased/decreased to whatever size you want.

how do you get a good arial view of the image itself. ive been having problems getting the camera to take a pic of my whole map.

i need a quick hand conserning this area, i know from what has been said that the radar can be increased/decreased to whatever size you want.

how do you get a good arial view of the image itself. ive been having problems getting the camera to take a pic of my whole map.

Once you've completed your map, zones, props, static objects, etc; during export it renders a .TGA file (located in your map working folder), direct top view of the borders you've assigned, it's basicially a bitmap file. You can open it in most photo editing software... Photoshop, Photopait etc... It's not a bad size map....

May I ask what the topview is for? :huh:

ok, ive had afew hundered goes at it now and i cant get my mini map image to desplay my map properly.

i can get the minimap to recongise the spawn locations in relation to the minimap area but the background tga file will not capture the area thats onscreen when i render. it take a snippet of the top right corner of what im looking at.

can someone give me help in on prefecting this.