Spawn points

AW Shinobi

Ok, so I made a DM map. A little one for about 4 people.

Just got one problem - how do you define where or where not the players can spawn?

I noticed that the map you make isn't added to any kind of surrounding terrain. Instead it's still on that black underlay. So I built up a little bit of town around my actually map, making sure you couldn't see the black from anywhere in the map. Only problem is, I spawned outside of my playing area! :lol:

As far as I can tell, the only things you can decide in the multiplayer option are the domination areas of a map - nothing else.

Any ideas anyone?

Ok, so I made a DM map. A little one for about 4 people.

Just got one problem - how do you define where or where not the players can spawn?

I noticed that the map you make isn't added to any kind of surrounding terrain. Instead it's still on that black underlay. So I built up a little bit of town around my actually map, making sure you couldn't see the black from anywhere in the map. Only problem is, I spawned outside of my playing area! :lol:

As far as I can tell, the only things you can decide in the multiplayer option are the domination areas of a map - nothing else.

Any ideas anyone?

use the mexico city fillers 200m, 400, 800 1600m accordingly to give volume for your map :grin1:

or there's the industrial fillers as well like above.

Edited by Papa6

Yeah, I've been putting buildings and stuff outside the play area. Just didn't know before that I had to put the spawn points in too. ^^

Now I've got all this figured out, anyone know if the map has to be completely covered with areas for domination mode, or can you make the occasional tactical area here and there so that it get's a bit more like the Battlefield/Day of Defeat kind of capture game?