• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, some of us might be at work?

Nah, no one here works right?

Some of us might be out doing stuff?

Nah, no one has a life, right?

Cmon sleeper, not all of us who like GR:AW have to play it 24/7 like you're suggesting.

The people here who don't like it, are worse then the people who do like it.

They troll the forums all day trying to discredit the game and their followers.

I can see how the guys that don't like the game now have extra time to post complaints but why, if some of you like it so much, aren't you busy playing it?

Because of the type of game it is... I like to play with others, mostly those on my squad. When they aren't around, then I troll forums for something to do in the meantime. If my tiny squad had more people in it, I'd probably be spending less time trolling. But, there are only 5 or 6 of us on my squad and we are all adults and mature about how we approach things.

And that means what? That I shouldn't be disappointed?

If you are disappointed in the game NOT being GR1, then I guess you should be disappointed... But, on the other hand, you need to see that these are two separate games and they have two different names... Which means that they are not the same game.

If GR:AW were GR1, then it would not be GR:AW, it would be GR1 Sequel or Remake.

GRIN, and many others here, have stated that this game is not GR1... That should tell you something, or are you not reading the underlining words that people are saying?

I've read where GRIN has said it's not GR1 and that they didn't want it to be GR1.

Also, just because they gave GR:AW the Ghost Recon name, the underlaying fact is that it is Advanced Warfighter. Nowhere in the title of GR:AW does it say that it is in fact GR1.

We all expected GRAW to be different from GR1, we also expected it to be smiliar to GR1 TOO. Some things should be changed and improved upon, New features added. But we expected the core attributes of what made GR1 so great to be a part of GRAW.

OMG its not supposed to be a GR sequel? Then why the hell is GR in the name? Why was our series taken and turned into something else?

You dont get it, it has Ghost Recon in the name, So it should represent the basics of what GR1 was.

Why would anyone want to make a game with the name of a previous game, and not have it be similair to the original?

To go with your car example. Thats like buying a 2005 Mustang, then the 2006 Mustang comes out and it doesnt look or feel like a Mustang. In fact its seems to be a Toyota Camry.

Nothing wrong with a Toyota, alot of people think they are good cars. But we were expecting a Mustang.

Hmm, some of us might be at work?

Nah, no one here works right?

Some of us might be out doing stuff?

Nah, no one has a life, right?

Cmon sleeper, not all of us who like GR:AW have to play it 24/7 like you're suggesting.

The people here who don't like it, are worse then the people who do like it.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. I'm following modding news when I have the time. Seems like you are just here hoping to make everyone think like you. I'll tell you, if I like a game the last place you'll see me is arguing with people who don't like it, i'd be playing it or trying to mod it. If i'm at work, i'm working, if i'm out doing stuff I don't have time to argue with people who just have a different opinion than mine. You aren't being constructive and aren't contributing anything to anyone except your own agenda of bigotry.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing while supposedly at work or out doing stuff? GR1 is a game and it has followers as well.

You got the new game you wanted obviously, how about letting the rest try to get theirs.

Here's one for you. Your words, not mine.

I don't mind reading everyones posts about the game.

Just re-assures me that I'm not alone in my feelings about it.

Seems it's ok for people to post their opinions when you argee with them. I think my bigotry comment hits the mark, don't you.

Edited by sleeper

And how exactly are you contributing anything remotely constructive?

How am I trying to discredit GRAW when all I do is praise it?

Do I troll around trying to discredit GR1? No.

Do I troll around trying to discredit the people who like it? I would be a hypocrit if I were to do that, since I like it as well.

Do I troll around trying to discredit GRAW? No.

Do I troll around trying to discredit the people who like it? I would be a hypocrit if I were to do that, since I like it as well.

:)

The people that deserve discredit, are the people who bash others for liking the game, and trying to get them to follow him. There wouldn't be a problem with that really, if they gave reason why.

All they do is say, OMG ABANDON SHIP BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, IT SHOULD BE LIKE GR1.

That's not constructive.

I'm all for constructive ideas, but I'm not the one to convince. The dev's are, and I'm sure they too are even more sick of seeing these flame wars without people giving any constructive critisism at all.

Am I at work now? No. Will I be doing stuff later on in the day? Yes. Do I have to play GR:AW like you suggest, 24/7? No.

If you dislike a game so much, why come to a forum, say abandon ship, give no real reason as to why we should 'abandon ship' and expect a joy ride?

If you don't like GR:AW, what are you going to do?

Go find another game or go play GR1.

If GR1 is so great, then go play it. Simple as that.

What other choice do you have, if you all want a GR1 mock up, and don't get it?

Complaining about this game now, wanting tons of changes, as said by the dev's, is impossible.

Thanks mainly to Ubi as well.

"You got the new game you wanted obviously, how about letting the rest try to get theirs."

How am I stopping them from 'getting theirs'?

Personally... I don't understand why they didn't check out the demo before laying out the money? The demo costs nothing and the retail game costs $50 USD. Granted... the demo is only a SP demo... But, you could still get the feel of the game.

Now, you've got guys who dislike the game... Well... you should've checked out the demo first like I did... I downloaded the demo, liked the game so much that I bought the game. To those that don't like it and bought without checking out the demo have no one to blame but themselves for their own disappointment. You cannot blame UBI, you cannot blame GRIN, you cannot blame anyone else for your own fault of not checking out the demo first.

You honestly don't have room to gripe, moan and complain about something when you had the chance to check out something before you bought it. Do you just buy a car or do you checkout what's under the hood and take it for a test drive first?

I will say that you are entitled to your opinion, that much I agree with... But, the whining and moaning about it isn't going to get you anywhere but looked up as an idiot, tbh. You cannot blame others for this either... You put yourself in this situation, no one else put you there.

I can see how the guys that don't like the game now have extra time to post complaints but why, if some of you like it so much, aren't you busy playing it?

So the GR:AW forum at Gr.net should be devoid of GR:AW fans and filled with GR:AW haters? :wacko:

The people that deserve discredit, are the people who bash others for liking the game, and trying to get them to follow him. There wouldn't be a problem with that really, if they gave reason why.

All they do is say, OMG ABANDON SHIP BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, IT SHOULD BE LIKE GR1.

That's not constructive.

I'm all for constructive ideas, but I'm not the one to convince. The dev's are, and I'm sure they too are even more sick of seeing these flame wars without people giving any constructive critisism at all.

Am I at work now? No. Will I be doing stuff later on in the day? Yes. Do I have to play GR:AW like you suggest, 24/7? No.

If you dislike a game so much, why come to a forum, say abandon ship, give no real reason as to why we should 'abandon ship' and expect a joy ride?

If you don't like GR:AW, what are you going to do?

Go find another game or go play GR1.

If GR1 is so great, then go play it. Simple as that.

What other choice do you have, if you all want a GR1 mock up, and don't get it?

Complaining about this game now, wanting tons of changes, as said by the dev's, is impossible.

Thanks mainly to Ubi as well.

"You got the new game you wanted obviously, how about letting the rest try to get theirs."

How am I stopping them from 'getting theirs'?

Do you troll around and try to discredit people who are unhappy with GRAW? Yes

I do not discredit the people who post something constructive.

I have no problem with that.

It's the people that post nothing except 'omg lets all hate this game because I said so, and that's that'.

I discredit those people, yes.

What's it adding to the game? Nothing.

Like I've said in this post, this game is far from perfect. But I still enjoy it, there are problems with the game that I do not like as well. I read peoples complaints about this game, and I give them props for posting what they seem is wrong with the game. And I do not discredit those people. But I'm not going to try and start a GRAW hater crusade. If you want to do that, do that on your own webspace, start up a website for the GRAW haters only, or something.

Why do they have to post something constructive? They are voicing their opinions on what they think of the game.

Why write long posts about what you think should be changed? Its all been said 1000 times over, on what the GR sequel should be, ever since GR1 came out in 2001. On GR.net and Ubi.com forums.

Obviously they didnt listen. It would just be a waste of time. They already know what we want.

And that means what? That I shouldn't be disappointed?

If you are disappointed in the game NOT being GR1, then I guess you should be disappointed... But, on the other hand, you need to see that these are two separate games and they have two different names... Which means that they are not the same game.

If GR:AW were GR1, then it would not be GR:AW, it would be GR1 Sequel or Remake.

GRIN, and many others here, have stated that this game is not GR1... That should tell you something, or are you not reading the underlining words that people are saying?

I've read where GRIN has said it's not GR1 and that they didn't want it to be GR1.

Also, just because they gave GR:AW the Ghost Recon name, the underlaying fact is that it is Advanced Warfighter. Nowhere in the title of GR:AW does it say that it is in fact GR1.

We all expected GRAW to be different from GR1, we also expected it to be smiliar to GR1 TOO. Some things should be changed and improved upon, New features added. But we expected the core attributes of what made GR1 so great to be a part of GRAW.

OMG its not supposed to be a GR sequel? Then why the hell is GR in the name? Why was our series taken and turned into something else?

You dont get it, it has Ghost Recon in the name, So it should represent the basics of what GR1 was.

Why would anyone want to make a game with the name of a previous game, and not have it be similair to the original?

To go with your car example. Thats like buying a 2005 Mustang, then the 2006 Mustang comes out and it doesnt look or feel like a Mustang. In fact its seems to be a Toyota Camry.

Nothing wrong with a Toyota, alot of people think they are good cars. But we were expecting a Mustang.

Someone who gets what all the fuss is about... I figured that my posts were clear enough on what the/my problem with the game is. You can like or dislike it all you want, frankly, I don't give a pair of flying dingos kidneys on wether or not you do... the point is, the game is don't Ghost Recon, not as in GR1, but as in in general. It lacks the feel of Ghost Recon as a whole. I perfectly understand that people can like this game, really I do, but it has nothing to do with Ghost Recon. Therefore, they shouldn't have called it "Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter", but just "Advanced Warfighter" instead.

Now to come this:

Personally... I don't understand why they didn't check out the demo before laying out the money? The demo costs nothing and the retail game costs $50 USD. Granted... the demo is only a SP demo... But, you could still get the feel of the game.

It was known even before the demo was released that the game was incomplete, so you expect the developer to finish it up to make it worthy of the name "Ghost Recon". To date, that still hasn't happened. There was a good basis in the demo for it to happen though, but apperantly it is more important to compete with household names like "Counterstrike" and "Battlefield", which this game feels a lot more like. Now, there is nothing wrong with these two games, but when named a certain way, I do expect a certain style, in this case the "Ghost Recon style".

Now let's compare the two games for simularities:

- They are both about the military...

- You can peek in both...

And that's where it all ends. It lacks mainly in feel and gameplay (not that it's bad, it's just not "Ghost Recony"). Let me make one thing clear here once more: I am using "Ghost Recon" here as the brand name of a series, not as GR1.

Why do they have to post something constructive? They are voicing their opinions on what they think of the game.

Why write long posts about what you think should be changed? Its all been said 1000 times over, on what the GR sequel should be, ever since GR1 came out in 2001. On GR.net and Ubi.com forums.

Obviously they didnt listen. It would just be a waste of time. They already know what we want.

Then why bother voicing their opinions if you think it doesn't have any influence what so ever?

Why post the same opinions over and over again, then?

What good will it do, if that's what *YOU* think?

It was known even before the demo was released that the game was incomplete, so you expect the developer to finish it up to make it worthy of the name "Ghost Recon". To date, that still hasn't happened.

If it takes around 3 years to make a game, and they did what they could in the 1.5 years they had. How do you expect them to finish up the game, in less then a few months after release?

Cmon now, think of what you just said.

You expect them to finish up 1.5 years of work, in a month or two? LOL

Silly.

I guess you can see the future and garuntee 100%, that this won't be an improved game within a year?

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

lol, to say that GRAW feels like Counterstrike and Battlefield, CkZWarlord, makes it hard to beleive you played the game =\. No dis-respect or anything. It is much closer to GR1 then it ever will be to BF2, Counter strike.

But then again, I guess that an opinion eh? But then again if I said GR1 was arcadey, no one would value my opinion =).

Firstly, no it doesn't HAVE to take 3 years to make a game. Most games are in fact developed in about 1,5 - 2 years. It just depends on the size of the crew that works on the game. To give an example of this: the Rachet and Clank series (4 games now) were released within 4 years, and I love those games to bits, they are great. It was GRiNs choice not to get some extra crew members to speed up the production of the game.

Now I shall rephrase this bit here:

you expect the developer to finish it up

...you expect the developer to add to it...

There, that better?

Apperantly you are reading impaired... that's ok, here ya go:

I DID, I LIKED THE BASIS AND WANTED TO SEE WHERE THEY WILL TAKE IT. DEVELOPING A GAME COSTS MONEY, SO I DECIDED TO SUPPORT THEM. ONLY, I DON'T LIKE THE DIRECTION THE GAME IS CURRENTLY GOING IN.

funny, from what I read...GR1 had a similar start... and their were people like you posting how much it was going to die.

But you are right about one thing, it is the publishers fault (not for the ignorant reason you stated though), they only gave the development for GRAW 1.5 years. When it takes 2.5 years on average to make a very successfull game, but somehow GRiN made it great anyway and if they stick with their promis of supporting the game, it will become the game it was suppose to be.

But I enjoy the game now, I just want more team work.

Thats amazing to here, while [GR] wasnt the RS series it certainly was familier and as history showed it was even better than the Rouge Spear series. I am just shocked to hear such an opinion. When [GR] hit the streets I joined in all two clans, and didnt much mess around with rouge spear games. It was a very powerful release and online experience. The add ons DS and IT were unbelievable too , so much fun , then of course the Mods. It was one hell of a gaming experience I HOPE I can experience again.

I'm definitely not a fan of the death cam...

However, if you are going to have the death cam, then I say make it no respawns also... Kind of like you are looking at the guy that shot you as you are dying.

To another point... I say that the death cam should be an optional item that you can select to have on your server if you want it or not.

For one too many would go AFK!!!

SOOOOO why? death cam has been here since day one of the Tom Clancy games. Why in the hell should that change? Ya know its this kind of thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................

Edited by buellsrusx1

funny, from what I read...GR1 had a similar start... and their were people like you posting how much it was going to die.

But you are right about one thing, it is the publishers fault (not for the ignorant reason you stated though), they only gave the development for GRAW 1.5 years. When it takes 2.5 years on average to make a very successfull game, but somehow GRiN made it great anyway and if they stick with their promis of supporting the game, it will become the game it was suppose to be.

But I enjoy the game now, I just want more team work.

Thats amazing to here, while [GR] wasnt the RS series it certainly was familier and as history showed it was even better than the Rouge Spear series. I am just shocked to hear such an opinion. When [GR] hit the streets I joined in all two clans, and didnt much mess around with rouge spear games. It was a very powerful release and online experience. The add ons DS and IT were unbelievable too , so much fun , then of course the Mods. It was one hell of a gaming experience I HOPE I can experience again.

I'm definitely not a fan of the death cam...

However, if you are going to have the death cam, then I say make it no respawns also... Kind of like you are looking at the guy that shot you as you are dying.

To another point... I say that the death cam should be an optional item that you can select to have on your server if you want it or not.

For one too many would go AFK!!!

SOOOOO why? death cam has been here since day one of the Tom Clancy games. Why in the hell should that change? Ya know its this kind of thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................

Not quite sure what you mean by "Ya know its this kind of thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!....................."?

I'm a fan of making anything and everything an option... It gives the server admins more control over how they like the game to be played on their servers.

Look we dont want to bash people that like it as it is now. I dont care about them. I care about my feelings, right now Im also feeling alot of regret for not being in this forum through development of GRAW and making points about what we want. I trusted other people would do that and I did answer polls, thought that was enough. Now I am here disappointed, looking for news, updates, and cant help myself to give my opinions , compliments and complaints about this launch. If it was up to me Id rather it got postponed until December!!!!!!! So right now I really hate to see this troll talk esp since alot of people are new to the forum even though they dropped in through the years just to see what was going on. THATS ALL I DID , I sure as hell didnt feel so compelled to spend all this time now typeing about Ghost Recon. I didnt have to either! The OP isnt alone on his feelings to abandon ship and this forum along with it. Would that make him a troll too? Dont think so.

here's one thing about GR1. Even after four or more years of playing online i would still jump right out of my skin (ok, chair) sometimes when i got shot. it wasn't the sound of the enemy's firearm which could be quite far off so i wouldnt hear it all the time. It was the thump of the rounds hitting me and more importantly the tension that had built up just before i was hit.

I mean, it was a massive shock sometimes and would have me jerking my whole body att he surprise and usually cursing aftewards and sometimes laughing.

In GR1 MP, every single time i got hit felt like a massive set back to some ground i had been making in the round and every time i got a kill felt like a massive relief and thrill. Every other game is just like an ongoing mild satisfaction whenever you get a kill and no big deal when you get killed.

That's just one element of GR1 that we wanted in GRAW, there are others.

Exactley!!!!!!!!!

Having server controls is a good thing... You have some good squads and clans out there that really know how to setup servers to be the most enjoyable environment for the most players...

This is what I'm talking about. :)