It's Time to Abandon ship

We wanted to print it even larger but nooooooooooo, UBI told us they were not going to distribute the game in boxes 10x the size of a DVD just so we could have bigger prints.

But don't worry, the next patch will include hires images you can print out yourself.

I prefer to receive my parcels in plain brown wrapping....

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed on my GRAW DVD packaging that...

Ghost Recon is printed in HUUUUGGGGE lettering...

...while Advanced Warfighter is printed in relatively small lettering underneath....

Now if that isn't an indication of trying to latch onto the Ghost Recon brand... then what is?

We wanted to print it even larger but nooooooooooo, UBI told us they were not going to distribute the game in boxes 10x the size of a DVD just so we could have bigger prints.

But don't worry, the next patch will include hires images you can print out yourself.

Include a half-decent attempt at a manual in the next patch and I'd be happy <_<

Edited by OliverReed

...while Advanced Warfighter is printed in relatively small lettering underneath....

Now if that isn't an indication of trying to latch onto the Ghost Recon brand... then what is?

Include a half-decent attempt at a manual and I'd be happy <_<

Whats so hard about this game that you need a manual?

Include a half-decent attempt at a manual and I'd be happy <_<

Whats so hard about this game that you need a manual?

My thoughts here

I read that post the day it came out. And again my question goes back to you.

Learning the game is part of the fun. Nothing in GRAW takes a rocket scientist to figure out. Just because you thought the "Follow" command meant one thing does not mean thats how it should be. The first time you hit "Follow" you should see the results of said command and learn that is what it does.

If life came with a manual, I would never had touched the damn stove to figure out its hot. but I did learn that after touching it once. Apply that knowledge to the game and you will learn as you go, as we all did.

How about latex gloves & some lotion? Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Didn't you know, it will be included in the next patch! Printable glowes and your harddrive will vomit :lol:

Sorry that was a bad one... I'm getting tired.

Edited by Hockeystick

Mine didn't even come with a manual, but it did come with a Manuel. He's mowing the lawn right now.

Fawlty Towers :lol: Manuel!!!!!

[/quote

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Buggers, makes me wanna watch Monty Python's "Holy Grail" again, again, again with that coconut-shaking-horse-imitating- rambling idiot. I'm in tears already. That was mean, SAWmonger :rofl::rofl:

Off topic for Oliver Reed: I'm passed 50 and play the game without a manual - you do too.

lock it up, thread is pointless, ToW-Angel is arguing for the sake of arguing and the rest are all diving in. When they aren't, the reading is even worse.

Now... That's arguementative of you to say... But... I'm not going to get into with you in the least.

I have asked for someone to explain the reasons why GR:AW is not GR1. The reply I received was that I needed to checkout GR1 for myself. If I have the money, maybe I will purchase it.

Warlord, it ceases here. No comments directed at any one person, no assumptions made, no more opinions, no more arguments and lets leave it at that.

And, I'm the one accused of dragging it on. Now... That's funny!

NO COMMENTS DIRECTED AT ANY ONE PERSON

NO ASSUMPTIONS MADE

NO MORE OPINIONS

NO ARGUMENTS

AND!!!!!!!!

Let's leave it at that.

Edited by ToW-Angel

Read back before posting, you will see that I have posted SEVERAL what my point is and she just doesn't get it. Others have tried to explain it as well. It's gotta end somewhere. If no-one gets what we are on about (which is REALLY hard to miss btw, but somehow people who claim to have played GR still do), then what is the point of discussing it? You tell me huh...

Furthermore now the same crap is being said over and over again. There is no argument left, try reading it, page after page after page is the same crap over and over and over again.

Warlord... you are on the attack... Go get'em boy! LOL j/k

I left what I said as a final thought, not to continuously drag it back in like a cat that keeps forgeting that he killed the same mouse again.

I'm 37yrs old... I think I'm a bit older, wiser and possibly even a tad smarter than you give me credit for...

Be a man... End this attack on me.

It's nothing against you personally Angel, really. I just said you because it seemed like you were just doing this deliberately. I didn't realize that you never played GR. (BTW: read in another post that you thought you were the only female here... you're wrong, ZJJ is female too, just haven't seen her around lately).

The point is though, that no-one seems to understand what apperantly some of us feel is lacking from this game. We keep getting retorted "if you wanted GR:AW to be GR1 one go play GR1" but that is not the point. What is the point is that it isn't Ghost Recon as a brand name, what made GR as a brand name (to list GR, GR:DS, GR:IT, GR: Jungle Storm, GR2 PS2, GR2 Xbox) is not present in GR:AW.

So sorry for making you feel singled out, I'm just a tad fed up with this situation.

GR2 is pretty different from GR1.

The over the shoulder part is what seperates it. ;)

Both sides are tired of this crap also. If you like it, excellent, game on!

If you hate it, too bad, there's other games out there. We've heard both sides over and over again, and I think that the people who said that they deserve to be heard... You've been heard, too many times. It's making me not want to come to this forum anymore.

People bashing other people for hating the game, people bashing other people for loving the game... People bashing the developers when they should be bashing Ubi. Not once have I read anyone talking trash on Ubi, when they are GRiN's bosses... Or maybe I missed something.

But I think everyone gets the picture now, it's a game with mixed feelings for it. I hope that if this thread gets locked or just gets old, that no one forgets this discussion, because I think this was the biggest thread in GR.net. And I hope people don't continue to give invalid reasons or no reason at all, as to why we should all give up on this game. Even though the people who love it, has no desire at all to leave it. So it's a useless mission that they will fail on.

Sure they may bring in 1 or 2 supporters, but it's not going to make the community just say: You know what? I don't like this game anymore. *Throws game away*.

So if anyone's trying to accomplish that, you fail.

Please don't restart at the save point. ;)

People bashing the developers when they should be bashing Ubi. Not once have I read anyone talking trash on Ubi, when they are GRiN's bosses... Or maybe I missed something.

while i fully agree on most points, i think ubi has gotten its fair share of bashing in numerous posts around this forum. still: :g_withgrin:

Get over it then people.

Christ.

You guys are wasting everyones time with keeping this crap post going.

It's a no win situation, the people who don't like the game is on a mission to discredit anyone associated with liking this game.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

We are not happy that the game has changed in the way that what the original was all about just isnt here. I hosestly could care any less about someone who enjoys the game. I do like things about it but theres alot we dont like and thats valid half mexican.