It's Time to Abandon ship

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AOD has completed 2 matches thus far. It felt great. Very tactical, slow, methodical movements. Realism is included. Domination plays like a sensored match from GR1. TDM and dedi servers with controls will take it over the top. New modded maps are already starting to appear which means we'll have map diversity shortly.

Since a disappointing release, this game has nothing but improved significantly with each patch. Bugs will continue to be cleaned up with each new patch (anti-cheat fix hopefully soon!?). GRIN'ers are continuing to post which means they are taking in all the good and bad stuff posted on here. Great. More info for them will help us get to a game we can match and pub without major issues.

And it's fine to complain, but the basis of this thread is, well, err... umm... childish. LOL. Move on if you are that upset, instead of pouting publicly about your disappointment.

BTW, if anyone is in a clan that think's they can GRAW with the bigboys, then sign up and challenge us at Teamwarfare Ladder or The Combat Zone. We seek mature, honest competition.

Loving the game myself. Online play doesnt show the true nummbers playing. I do coop a lot online and sp retries over and over especially with mods to make it harder.

Can't wait for next patches.

btw if u play coop then dont run, take it nice n slow its much more fun.

Edited by thr0tt

Loving the game myself. Online play doesnt show the true nummbers playing. I do coop a lot online and sp retries over and over especially with mods to make it harder.

yeah, we mainly play coop on a lan, not online, its nice to sit next to each other while sneaking through mexico

yeah, we mainly play coop on a lan, not online, its nice to sit next to each other while sneaking through mexico

Too bad, i only own one rig that supportst GRAW,considering how much fun I had with my brothers in law on GR1 :g_guns::wall: I dont have the cash to buy a new pc again, and most laptop's aren't up to the job, and upgrading my second pc, is too expencive either..... :(

Posting, "I like this game so don't complain about it" is not constructive.

Posting, "I am not happy with the game I purchased, here's why" is.

Way to go.

I read the post history of the person using the name ⦣8364;œUberSoldier.⦣8364;? The totality of the circumstances here indicate this person has consistently complained about the game and the developer since he ⦣8364;˜joined.⦣8364;™ He's free to do that, but one would hope that people would come here with an open mind, and not come here with their minds already mind made up. If I were more of a cynic I⦣8364;™d say this person was on a mission to discredit GRAW as well as GRIN. I⦣8364;™m not saying that. Members can go back and read his posts and decide for themselves.

His own words may indicate more of a grudge than an expression of opinion. So many posts told the story, but here are two for brevity: On May 14, 2006, six days after joining (may 8, 2006) as ⦣8364;œUberSoldier⦣8364;? this poster wrote: ⦣8364;œ⦣8364;?And why should I believe a company that said they were going to start working on the next GR title for the PC soon after they canceled GR2 and that was a few years ago.⦣8364;?

Is this some type of deversion. I can't believe that you actually took the time to to breakdown my post's. That say's a lot about you, it says that you are blinded by your dislike of those that point out the flaws of this game. If i was you I would concentrate my efforts and time in more finding out why this game a game that had this community's support turn out to be such a disappointment. Look for all the dev chats this community had, look for what was asked and what we got. You are more than welcome to discredit me is ok.

Yes I'm upset and like the rest of the community I would have loved for this game to be one of the best but it turn out to be a dud.What is unacceptable is that the fans of this game clearly stated what they wanted and we got what some board of directors wanted. All they had to do what go to the forums an listen to what the real experts had to say. The original had a winning formula all they need it to do was to build on that.

Edited by UberSoldier

This is retarded. If you are that dissapointed, you should have done what I did, and stood at the docks waving as the ship set sail. It's impossible to feel any sympathy for people who just allow themselves to be serially screwed. There was a demo ######. There are forums, previews, interviews, whiners, UBI press releases, and they all say "time to pay $50 to get bent over again" and you all do it. (I'm talking to the people who bought it and are complaining.)

This won't stop happening. And no amount of whinging about it is going to change one facet of the game. It is what it is. As a matter of fact - EA have the slogan "It's in the game"; Sony Playstation say "Challenge everything"; UBI should make their catchphrase "It is what it is." If you think it's a lemon, you should save yourself the effort and suck it up or move on.

A few years ago it was, "Let's release a polished game. Oh, there are bugs? OK, we'll patch that for you." Nobody seemed to mind that so the next thing was, "OK we know it will have bugs but we need to get it out the door, so we'll announce a patch as soon as we release it. Everyone dealt with that and bought the product anyway. "Well if we can do that why not just promise stuff and not deliver on it." People complained but they still bought it. "We'll hell, why not just release half the game and do the other half later." And people keep falling for it. I mean the nerve of UBI is incredible. It's diabolical. But you just have to shake your head in wonder that people just keep buying their half-finished, untested games.

You can't blame UBI I guess. It's a mindless entity that functions on profit. You can blame the smacktards who keep taking the cheese, and feeling indebted to UBI that they went out of their way to make a PC version of the game! Pretty soon it will be, "Lets get them to subscribe to the game and release the content over a development period of years." All the while one poor monkey in the basement keeps having bananas dangled in front of his face as he codes away bringing you another POS game.

So all of you whinging idiots should just do the PC gaming community a favour by shutting up and holding on to your money next time. If UBI don't want the PC community someone else will step up to fill the void, and we might get games with as much potential as GRAW released as a polished product in the future.

Edited by tonytwotoes

This is retarded. If you are that dissapointed, you should have done what I did, and stood at the docks waving as the ship set sail. It's impossible to feel any sympathy for people who just allow themselves to be serially screwed. There was a demo ######. There are forums, previews, interviews, whiners, UBI press releases, and they all say "time to pay $50 to get bent over again" and you all do it. (I'm talking to the people who bought it and are complaining.)

This won't stop happening. And no amount of whinging about it is going to change one facet of the game. It is what it is. As a matter of fact - EA have the slogan "It's in the game"; Sony Playstation say "Challenge everything"; UBI should make their catchphrase "It is what it is." If you think it's a lemon, you should save yourself the effort and suck it up or move on.

Yes I know that all those that complaint are retartded. I'm sorry for complaining tony. Here let me make you feel better :g_withgrin:

Like I said I will be playing a real tactical game soon.

http://www.insurgencymod.net/

Edited by UberSoldier

I mentioned it in another post:

If I had wanted to play GR1, I would have bought GR1.

I want to play GRAW.

So I bought GRAW. I like GRAW the way it is (minus the pistols thing - my -only- real complaint as far as gameplay)

And everytime I see a post like this:

"Oh god, PLEASE don't let GRIN actually listen to this guy"

(This reply is copy-pasted from a TXT, because I am sick of typing it up all the time)

(Re: and I intend to keep playing GRAW, even if I have to play alone)

What's really nice is TRUE MP gaming, TVT, laddering...

Turn my MP frown upside down!

UberSoldier, go wait on the InsurgencyMod forums then. And let the people who enjoy GRAW, enjoy it without your silly posts that turn into 10 pages of flames.

People will come to defense on this game, whether or not you were just trying to stir up some stuff or not.

It's simple as that...

I think you have made your case clear, so now that you have, it's time for you to move on.

Go abandon ship.

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

I've just logged on to find that (to my amazement) this thread is still running! :wacko:

Ithink it's time for this thread to be driven out to a quiet backwood somewhere

Then one in the temple, one in the back of the head and one under the chin

:o=

;)

Do not take this personal... But you are that 'one' in the bunch that isn't ever satisfied with what you get. I'm definitely positive there were other 'one's just like you in the previous games... Don't worry though... With the modders and the game devs actually here in the forums, they do listen, they do help, and they do release things.

Would you want a patch that broke more things than it fixed? Or would you rather have a patch that's fully tested and a majority of the bugs worked out?

The game has been out not even 2 months yet, they are promising a lot more stuff to come out. Patience young Padawon... Patience.

No dude. Its you and the VERY few players on the graw servers that are in the "bunch". There should be a few THOUSAND graw players out there. There are not. Oh my its a mystery as to why........not! :rolleyes:

End of story.

Edited by Stalker_Zero