Lots of blood

mirr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a WMV9 , whit VC-1 codec .

uhm, thats not what i'm seeing.

x264 - core 47 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2005 - http://www.videolan.org/x264.html

thats the header info, its a h264 in an avi container, that doesn't want to play..

anyway, is it a problem? glitch? or something else?

Pardon, I have been confused. It was a version with h264, turned with Media codec . This is with WMV9 - VC-1 codec -

http://rapidshare.de/files/25814865/GRAW_2...03-20-20-71.WMV

I see it with the Videolan

I found a couple bug with this, when you shoot people, theres a nice looking bullet whole thing, but when you move around, you see that they're not acctualy on the model. 2nd, I tryed to play quarter back, and it crashed from something, probably the president.

But I really like the fact you changed the enemy AI's weapons, very cool.It also led me to beging able to change the ammo per clip, now all guns have 900 rounds per clip =)

Edited by Commander Outcast

I found a couple bug with this, when you shoot people, theres a nice looking bullet whole thing, but when you move around, you see that they're not acctualy on the model.

That's a glitch whenever you add decals to a character. Nothing we can do about it at this moment.

I found a couple bug with this, when you shoot people, theres a nice looking bullet whole thing, but when you move around, you see that they're not acctualy on the model. 2nd, I tryed to play quarter back, and it crashed from something, probably the president.

But I really like the fact you changed the enemy AI's weapons, very cool.It also led me to beging able to change the ammo per clip, now all guns have 900 rounds per clip =)

yes, thats possible.

most if not all of the errors come from the tweaked ghost_ai.

sofar there are 2 locations i've found that will crash the game, in quarterback when approaching the contruction yard, and in ready for bear when freeing the tank crew.

For me it only happens when playing from a saved game.

the error is caused by the movelogics script. (and the tweaks i've made)

one way around it is to use the default ghost_ai, that way you can atleast advance to the next checkpoint.

The decal thing is probably the same problem as with the floating graffiti.

Or it could be the wrong mapping, there are different things like camera_facing,normal_locked,axialz_locked etc...

so it only looks correct when viewing from a certain angle/viewpoint.

Maybe it could be solved by altering the render template.

I think the raycast option in global.xml allows you to see the wireframe overlay, and the "bounding boxes"

around the models, so the decals are probably mapped to fit that and not the actual model.

i will try to fix some of these problems in the next version.

dont know if its possible to solve the script errors without a script decompiler.

things i added sofar for the next version are:

-used 3d positioning instead of 2d for all the sounds and voices, it sounds much better on my surround setup

and i can finally hear the flies when standing next to a container ;)

-more enemy ai tweaks and trying to get a better balance, especially on mission3 (start of the mission)

which right now is almost impossible.

yes, thats possible.

most if not all of the errors come from the tweaked ghost_ai.

sofar there are 2 locations i've found that will crash the game, in quarterback when approaching the contruction yard, and in ready for bear when freeing the tank crew.

oh darn <_<

I liked the ai tweaks and stuff. It makes them tottaly blind on mayday :lol:

version 0.5 sp

http://www.mytempdir.com/817165

-removed restrictions on all maps

-8 ai team-members instead of the default 3 (could make that 27 or more, but no system could currently handle this, i think)

-unified look for missions(post effects)

-night to day missions

-new ghost look (textures)

-more enemies

-effect tweaks

-decals fix (offset still not correct)

-lower stamina and increased carrying capacity

-some other small things

NOTES:

on some missions, enemies will use areas that are not used by default, so if an event does

not trigger, you'll have to find the enemies in a nearby location.

if you get script errors, try using the default ghost_ai, enemy_ai should be fine.

missions quarterback and ready for bear might give problems.

you need to start a new game for the effects to work, when your game is saved the first time after starting

the mission, load it. currently the only way to get the ai to work and behave correctly :/

sometimes the enemy_ai doesn't work, look at their tracers to see if they actually hit anything,

if their aim is way off just restart the mission.

getting in a blackhawk with more than 4 men, might cause problems, still working on that.

still very much experimental and not fully optimized, so if anyone wants to help make this better, feel free

to leave suggestions or change the files.

Great mod! Good work

But don't work with cooperative multiplayer mode. The server go off and take error

on all missions? or just one?

Oh my god, this mod, oh my god.

But I did notice, on quarter back, The presidents head is really.....jacked up. and 2 of the marines that i shot ot of the blackhawk :wistle: had these grey parts on them. General martin, 2 of him poped out, but there where 2 yesterday b4 I got this. ok nvm that.

Edited by Commander Outcast

I do not like post efect - very exaggerated

I have put sepia opacity 0,6.

The blood and the effects of particles I seem to me excessive.

I prefer those of the Comunity mod 1.5

I like more the ROM mod skins . It will use the three mods combined

They would have to work the three altogether mods ;). And GRIM to put in the menu several types of post process to choose them, like in FAR CRY ;) And sorry for my bad english ;)

I though of a way you could fix a bug on this. the last 3 guys, 6,7,and 8, they dont do anything. they're stuck because they're in the position you'd find them in if you were playing contact and finding ur guys. Allen and brown are leaning, and kirkland is sitting with his legs stuck in the ground. so you might wanna change 6 7 and 8 to marines like 4 and 5

I though of a way you could fix a bug on this. the last 3 guys, 6,7,and 8, they dont do anything. they're stuck because they're in the position you'd find them in if you were playing contact and finding ur guys. Allen and brown are leaning, and kirkland is sitting with his legs stuck in the ground. so you might wanna change 6 7 and 8 to marines like 4 and 5

well, the easiest solution is loading the game after the first save,

using marines is another one.

must be some setting in the xml that causes this.

the marines dont seem to have any voices, thats why i cloned the ghosts.

they also can't be used on the tactical map. (not yet, maybe i can get that to work)

if you prefer marines, i'll change it for the next version.

Edited by mirr

• 2 weeks later...

version 0.6 sp

http://www.mytempdir.com/848676

new stuff:

-new blood fx (sticky)

-10 man squad

-rigor mortis adjusted

fixes:

-no longer need to reload after starting a mission to activate the ai

-weapon effects glitches

-sniper fx restored for the barrett

-decals

-clone ghosts replaced by us marines

notes:

-mission8 can't be completed if you have more than 3 teammates that try to enter the heli

needs changes to the script files to get it to work

-if you give orders on the tacmap to the marines, you need to use the hud execute

forgot to include the changed sound.xml, to hear the marines voices you need to

uncomment the wavebank files in /data/sound/settings.xml.

I was just going to talk to smith about this but I do hope to god that you two are working together on this whole thing, so I'll just assume for the moment that smith is following this as well.

You both could possibly equate to what would be demi gods for doing the work that you do. The pussification of Ghost Recon for the T rating is a slap in the face to not only the first Ghost Recon but to Tom Clancy himself and if he actualy knew what his games now consisted of these days thanks to UBI and RedStorm's degrading console ports to the more childish audiance of the consoles he would die of a heart attack, while simontaniously beating the Red Storm devs and key UBI employees to death with a number two pencil and white-out dispencer. It would be a sad day but I'm guessing its hard to take vengence out when you are taking it with a number two pencil and white-out despencer.

Tom Clancy is one of the most adult and graphic authors I have ever read and GR's incredibly realistic, detailed, blood and gore was what got me into the whole Clancy thing in the first place.

You two are slowly putting that back into the game and making GRAW bit by bit a little less imature and far from Clancy like (now if only we could re-record the voice acting spots to display the kind of dialogue that is present in Clancy's writing).

Just wanted to say that and get it out of the way. Thx a lot you guys for what you are doing.

On the subject at hand I was woundering if a 1.21 compatable patch can come out since Smiths mod crashes the game with it.

Also one thing I tried to do and couldent get the DDS right was make the wounds darker and more realistic. The ones from Smith's mod barely show up on the dead bodies unless you shoot them a couple of times and it never apears on the head. If they could stand out a bit more that would be perfect, basicly getting rid of that sickly light red allmost pink colour and going with something more of a purple/blue/red colour, something that would signify a realistic wound.

Another thing is how the hell are you guys doing this?

What do you need to modify to get these things to do that? This is incredible and if VtF's mod works out this game could be allmost fixed completely, save the MP servers disconecting a good amount of us every five to fifteen minutes, that and acutaly getting the MP server hosts to run the mod (or GRIN making client side mods like this legal such as games like CS, or CoD; since we arent actualy cheating and just changing a retarded default skin or, hey adding much needed gore!).

On the subject at hand I was woundering if a 1.21 compatable patch can come out since Smiths mod crashes the game with it.

What's the error message that you get when it crashes?

And, mirr hasn't been online a lot, so I haven't been able to talk to him. I'll toss him a PM right now, as a matter of fact.

It depends on what build it is, if it is anything but 1.20 (ie:1.10) it has an error messege about at the end of the level load saying it cant find something like starting place or entity deathcam or some s--t like that. I re installed twice and same results, try it your self and you will see it, I havent tried it with his mod but your mod does it every time, figure I should just stick to 1.2 for now since the mod I am using is a combo of your mod and his, though not as intergrated as I would like, at least I got my explosions back, dont know why in the hell he took away the cars blowing up.

Any how do you know what file I should edit and where to make it so that the blood that shoots out and pools, does so when you are shooting at the live target (the blood only comes out on the ground when you shoot the corpse). Also bullet holes dont stay on the ones you shot once they die, and to get them you have to shoot them while dead. It's not that I dont have a problem riddling corpses with bullets and all but it dosent compare to seeing the effects of your work as you move through the map fluidly like the first GR. I also cant find what I would need to make the blood decal last for ever or at least a lot longer. Thx for any help if you can.

It depends on what build it is, if it is anything but 1.20 (ie:1.10) it has an error messege about at the end of the level load saying it cant find something like starting place or entity deathcam or some s--t like that. I re installed twice and same results, try it your self and you will see it, I havent tried it with his mod but your mod does it every time

Ah, same error I had before re-installing. Delete the sb_templates folder. The problem is the global.xml.

EDIT: BTW, mirr, you have no idea how much life you've given GRAW now.

grawmodbloodew3.th.jpg

Edited by Agent Smith

It depends on what build it is, if it is anything but 1.20 (ie:1.10) it has an error messege about at the end of the level load saying it cant find something like starting place or entity deathcam or some s--t like that. I re installed twice and same results, try it your self and you will see it, I havent tried it with his mod but your mod does it every time, figure I should just stick to 1.2 for now since the mod I am using is a combo of your mod and his, though not as intergrated as I would like, at least I got my explosions back, dont know why in the hell he took away the cars blowing up.

Any how do you know what file I should edit and where to make it so that the blood that shoots out and pools, does so when you are shooting at the live target (the blood only comes out on the ground when you shoot the corpse). Also bullet holes dont stay on the ones you shot once they die, and to get them you have to shoot them while dead. It's not that I dont have a problem riddling corpses with bullets and all but it dosent compare to seeing the effects of your work as you move through the map fluidly like the first GR. I also cant find what I would need to make the blood decal last for ever or at least a lot longer. Thx for any help if you can.

The blood decals will stick on anything, not only the ground, but also cars,walls,boxes,debris,ghost members etc.

It just depends on the angle, if the target is close enough to something,

the decal effect will trigger. It could be set up to always trigger, but

if everything would stay in memory, it wouldn't take long for the game

to work as a slide show.

If every bullet would trigger the splatter decal, it would take like 10sec to turn into something that resembles a scene from "Braindead".

Your not helping any case of discouregment to this, lol. What I want to do is take out your non blood particle effects and replace them with Smith's since they dont look quite good enough for the upclose clip dumping into some one performance drop. Not that it matters to much since all you have to do is stand back five feet, but still, how can I edit this since I looked in your texture files and you only have one dds and a bump that goes along with the blood in the game, the other is some grenade effect.

Basicly how do I change the length of stay of the blood, how do I increase the frequency of it sticking, how do I darken or at least make much larger (and dear god hopefully darken as well) the bullet hits so they look realistic and show up due to that floaty bug, which tends to obscure them from some angles, larger would help this along. I just want to be able to regulate it so that it has a reliablility to not look as if it were a console port job like Brothers in Arms was, where a blood texture would apear some of the time if at all (they made up for it with severed limbs but still).

Can you point out what I need to adjust or modify, I looked everywhere and couldent find anything plausable, or at least that I would spend several hours changing by trial and error, edit, load up, quit, edit, load up, quit... ect...

Thanks again for making this mod and all, and if the things you are adjusting outside of the blood and gore reach some point of finality that looks pretty sweet too. Again any help from any one would be great.

Edited by wse_jack

Common man I'm hanging here, all I want is to get as close as I can to the first GR, and every body had a puddle of blood under it. Games often have blood and gore that covers the floor and stays for ever or for considerable amounts of time (RIDDICK, smod (hl2 mod), SiN: Emergence, FarCry). All I need to know is what to tweak.

set novodex back to hardware and use the original bullet hits files

or files from another mod, or you could comment out the lines you don't

want inside bullet_hits_physx or change the effect.

decals are controlled by the decals.xml, change the min/max settings

to adjust the frequency and/or sustain/limit settings.

you'll need to edit the textures if you want them darker/larger or use another render template,

or change the size settings inside decals.xml.

the blood and decals are two different things, if you want to adjust the duration of the

blood edit the particle settings and change the time,size,texture,velocity etc...in the bullet_hit files

there are many many things you can change, so it could take a lot of time until you find something you'll like.

edit, load up, quit, edit, load up, quit... is the only way for now to change things, since we don't have an interactive fx browser/preview tool.

most of the effects have more than 400 lines of settings you can change, so....