Why is this game so unplayable PC seems fine.

This isnt another rant I realy want to beable to play this game but for some reason its just so far from playable with half exceptable visuals.

Being iv got 2 gig of ocz gold ram , 2.8gig san diego cpu and a X800XT gfx card this game should run and look exceptional. On average iv getting 33fps the mouse is so laged id find a games controler faster which I personly hate for fps games.

Im in hope that theres just one setting on my pc that iv missed or somthink but every other game runs very fast in my pc.

To mention a few:

BF1942 full max setting 1600 x 1280 extreemly smooth.

BF2, again runs great on full settings at 1280 x 1024.

Farcry at 1280 x 1024 full settings runs fantastic.

COD2 1280 x 1024 full settings runs smooth.

Doom 3

Fear

UT2004

They all run and look very nice visualy.

Ok back to this game. Bad mouse lag, AA just blurs the whole screen not the edges,

If I run this game at 800 x 600 4x af no aa med settings then it runs but looks like a 10 year old game thats run on a £15 gfx card.

I love this game def one of the best for game play but just cant play it like this.

If anyone has any idear why its runing so bad please let me know.

The problem will be one of many.

Drivers

Settings on your PC

background programmes

Bad instal

poor config.

Manipulated files.

We have people playing this game on half the spec you have IE Team Mebers with few or no problems.

Take it from me its not the game.

This section will help you sort out most if not all problems.

Read all pinned topics

Drivers

Settings on your PC

background programmes

Bad instal

poor config.

Manipulated files.

We have people playing this game on half the spec you have IE Team Mebers with few or no problems.

Read all pinned topics

Thanks Colin. will check that out.

Drivers

Settings on your PC

background programmes

Bad instal

poor config.

Manipulated files.

Read all pinned topics

Thanks Colin. will check that out.

Ok, so ive defraged which it did need doing, reinstalled drivers, created more space on HD all the basic things to make the pc run as it should. As expected its made no difference at all. Now to add to that iv got a nice black screen with only sky visable. cant beleave how long iv had this game and still cant play it.

Being the fact that all other games run flawlesslysimply means its not my pc its this dam game. :wall:

What? You're kidding me?

I know people with lesser systems running the game better than you are.

Edit: And no, this is not "I know them from talking to them on the internet". This is a "I build the system myself and saw it running the game" experience.

Edited by MikSnoopy

Now to add to that iv got a nice black screen with only sky visable. cant beleave how long iv had this game and still cant play it

Your video card is not a 6000 or 7000 series... it's probably an FX5XXX series which as stated many times has this issue.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Being iv got 2 gig of ocz gold ram , 2.8gig san diego cpu and a X800XT gfx card this game should run and look exceptional. On average iv getting 33fps the mouse is so laged id find a games controler faster which I personly hate for fps games.

I have a similar system (Intel P4 3.4/2GB RAM/X800XT PE) and 33fps is about as good as you're gonna get with GRAW. There is unlikely anything wrong with your system if the other games run fine.

GRAW is a huge system hog (why do you think hardware sites are incorporating it into their benchmarks), and your and my system are about 1 generation behind now (i.e. not dual-core X2 and not an X1900XTX).

You'll either have to upgrade (CPU would be a good place to start), or play around with lower graphics settings. Also, turn off AA (it doesn't work with this game if you haven't heard yet) and AF.

If anyone has any idear why its running so bad please let me know.

I hope Colin gives you a direction, but my 2 cents.

The X800xt should perform with 2Gb sys ram and your setup.

you may have done these but they are a few I thought of.

Check

ATi Drivers

background processes for occupancy of CPU time.

Check for viruses with a scan, sometimes drain your CPU time.

Check your Bios version for mobo for latest.

Check your bios settings for AGP X2 X4 X8 is right.

Check bios AGP Aperture is 256mb.

Check system resources are ok.

Check mouse pointer in control panel/mouse/ hardware/properties/adv settings is up to min 200 dpi.

all the best.....

Right guys for the reason of elimination iv gone the full way wiht this game.

Fresh Install of windows xp pro.

Latest drivers and updates on everythink.

I made the point of installing nothink els other than whats needed. heres is my final view on this.

The game visualy looks simply awfull in order to get the 50fps range in which to alow drop on fps. As said its a harsh game on recorces but without good reason IMHO.

Countless times iv had comments from friends playing older games where they say to me what the hell happend to GRAW. It seems if you play it long enougth you start forgiving the poor visuals untill you see other games again.

What it should be like is, My system spec should be playing the game looking better than BF2, Far cry, Fear but with loss of slight performance and the higher new gen PCs should be astounded in what they see, hear and play.

Im sorry guys but 33fps which is average on what im getting is very poor for game play/visual/performance ratio based on older games.

X2 cpu had only just came out when I upgraded upto a AMD san diego 3700+ which is the same core as the AMD FX cpu. My pc is water cooled and running as I speak above the FX57 which is 2.8gig. My gfx Card was a wise upgrade from my 9800XT as it over doubled its performance and plays every other game currently avalible with ease.

My sytem is behind the next gen but not to the point of a worthless computer. Im sure like others that have simula spec as me feel the same. Money is money I paid ###### loads on my pc and shouldnt have to upgrade yet.

Im playing this game and then thinking! :huh: hang on the visuals are effecting my gameplay, at times distant enimies cant be seen. I have a 19" pure flat CRT its ultra crisp and if a game has bad visuals it shows them.

AA Full screen yes but not full Image. I wanted edge AA not a motion blur filter over my whole screen. Ok il stop here its becoming a rant, please excuse my fusteration. :wall:

Edited by daztrek

Im sorry guys but 33fps which is average on what im getting is very poor for game

OK take alook at this thread for FPS ans specs, I get on average

20-40 FPS ONLINE @ 1600x1900 windowed on 7900GTX SLI sys [fx60] it sounds like you are getting about right.

FPS & RESOLUTION.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...4974&hl=fps

GRAW Tweak Guides

http://www.tweakguides.com/GRAW_8.html

sorry to hear your having a bad FPS.

What it should be like is, My system spec should be playing the game looking better than BF2, Far cry, Fear but with loss of slight performance and the higher new gen PCs should be astounded in what they see, hear and play.

Like I said before, GRAW is a resource hog. I am playing it on a rig with a fresh install of WinXP too, and it is sometimes painful. That's why I'm still logging more time on BF2 ...

The prob is not your machine, but GRAW's engine. The poor performance is a mixture of issues with the maturity of the engine, and certain decisions GRIN has made regarding what graphics features to implement that don't make the game as scalable as say, HL2 or BF2. Chances are your next rig in 1-2 years will run GRAW at frame rates you are expecting now.

One funny thing I've noticed is that when I have FRAPS on, the FPS counter starts to "speed up" over the first 30 seconds. My framerate after the loading screen is like ~15, but after about half a minute, it goes up to 30-40 fps.

U think you got it bad, my little mid/low end system does barely just enough but yet I am happy and the game does fine for me.

I am running:

AMD Athlon XP 2800 (2.0ghz)(333fsb)

OCZ Plat. Ram Low Timings (2gig's)

Sapphire 9800 Pro 128ram

Audigy 2 zs

I was playing around with the video settings trying to get at least 30-40 fps for smooth play. Everytime I dropped, like textures from medium to low I noticed about 5 fps difference.

Thats running at 1024x768(I will not go lower, ugly).

The game runs great and looks good(yes it could be better). even with most stuff on low and couple things in medium I am happy.

I know alot of people hate this game, but it's value is going up in my book, especially with the patches.

Now coming in the mail less than 2 weeks:

AMD Athlon XP 3200 Barton (2.2ghz)(400fsb)

(Sapphire X800pro 256ram)

Hopefully when I get this I can bump some things up to mostly medium and still get 30-40 fps.

Well i'm done...

DD

Disabling EAX helped for me. Dunno why, but give it a try.

I tested that very thing on my system last night and noticed a 1-2 fps difference.

I would rather have the better sound.

Now if you turn down your sound acceleration then maybe u can gain more frames.

DeathDealer71 thats great that you think the games is great more so on your system.

My brother spec is like yours. Hes computer has done a very good job at most games and did not regret his upgrade from his 5950 to the 9800 pro. Hes playing a older game at the moment The Chronicles of Riddick the graphics look exelent, the game runs so smooth on his pc. The Chronicles of Riddick on my pc runs at 1600 x 1280 full AF full settings and runs better than GRAW even at 800 x 600.

When your use to playing games with good visuals then put GRAW in that runs like a dog, he would rather not play it at all.

Again everybody seems to have a different view on whats exceptable and what runs smooth.

Put GR1 in and I feel like the sharp shooter I once was. The mouse is ultra fast responce.

Look at UT2004 a 2 year old game, looks stunning runs like a dream.

Im gona pass on this game athough iv perchased it, I dont think its worthy of a £300 pc upgrade when no other game needs this pc power to get exceptable visuals and performance.

If all current games run crap on my pc then yes a upgrade is needed but that simply is not the case.

jonelo some nice bench marks other than 3dmark tools what other ones are used?

Edited by daztrek

My brother spec is like yours. Hes computer has done a very good job at most games and did not regret his upgrade from his 5950 to the 9800 pro.

Hmm ... not sure if you should let your bro know that it wasn't really much of an "upgrade" since both those cards were pretty much equivalent same-gen refreshes (5950 a refresh of the 5900, 9800 Pro a refresh of the 9700 Pro). Benchmarks for both cards would likely be close.

But in the end, as long as it runs the games you want to play at fps acceptable to you, it's all good ;)

My brother spec is like yours. Hes computer has done a very good job at most games and did not regret his upgrade from his 5950 to the 9800 pro.

Hmm ... not sure if you should let your bro know that it wasn't really much of an "upgrade" since both those cards were pretty much equivalent same-gen refreshes (5950 a refresh of the 5900, 9800 Pro a refresh of the 9700 Pro). Benchmarks for both cards would likely be close.

But in the end, as long as it runs the games you want to play at fps acceptable to you, it's all good ;)

Me and my brother where shocked how much faster and visualy better my ATI 9800xt ran.

Hes upgrade from 5900 to 9800 pro was a streight swap card for card. He payed £277 for that Nvidia 5900 and at the time he did that swap the 9800 pro was only £115.

There is a real good difference between these cards in game play. That gen of nvidia cards was when nvidia cheated the 3dmark from which my bro made hes perchase on. He had nothink but graphical clitches on nearly every game. DX9 games ran crap as nvidia didnt make their drivers to use it correclty. It was my friend that has his 5900 he wanted the tv in and out and other features.

Hes upgrade from 5900 to 9800 pro was a streight swap card for card. He payed £277 for that Nvidia 5900 and at the time he did that swap the 9800 pro was only £115.

I see. Yeah, there's a big difference between the vanilla 5900, 5900 SE/XT, or 5900 Ultra. Since you said 5950 (which only comes in Ultra version IIRC), I thought that would have actually spanked the 9800 Pro. I still have a 9800 Pro myself :thumbsup: