I Want to Make a New Tool

Hehe leave it to Don to point out the fact that I should use my eyes sometimes lol. Okay, so scratch that one, any other tools that would be useful for you guys?

Sierra's mod launcher isn't completely compatible with 1.16, really. Don't know if he's updating his for it or not.

What we need now because of the new AC system is a program that will move mod folders into and out of the local folder, then launch the game instead of changing the language in the context.xml file. That will help people use mods with less hassle.

yeah if i can be the ###### to ask , i cant code or very well decipher code , so i was wondering if someone could have a look at the maxexporter and/or the compiler , since i output a text file in .xml form 3ds max , but i cant compile to a 3d object that gr3 editor will read .

The most comprehensive way to do it at this point I imagine would be to have a program that has it's own install folder and keeps the mods in subfolders of that.

When the program is activated, it would read the folders available and let you select one and then a simple apply mod button would copy that folder into the graw/local folder and change the language in the context.xml to match the folder selected.

We also need some way to disable the mod afterwards, deleting the mod folder that was added to the local folder and resetting the context.xml file back to english (or whatever language the person uses).

While it's all fairly simple to do by hand, I don't believe the average person will want to mess around with moving folders, etc. Having a program to do it for them with a simple click of a button might convince more people to try using mods and having it done in such a way that any mod can be used with it so long as it has it's own folder, that would go a long way to creating a unified method to use mods.

Okay I haven't looked much into it, but is there a tutorial on how to launch/config ded servers for GRAW? from that i could probably easily make a simple GUI frontend.

And as far as bundler, if you guys can tell me how bundler.exe is used then I could make a frontend for that as well.

soon the new tutorials for modding and importing objects and terrains and stuff will come and what will come in handy then is a frontend for atlasgen.exe ! its a commandline tool at the moment and may feel , I suspect, a bit too advanced for a new user, even to it really is simple!

I can provide you with the documentation for it if you want to do the frontend!

that would REALLY help the poor modders that wants to get their textures properly into the game.

Okay I haven't looked much into it, but is there a tutorial on how to launch/config ded servers for GRAW? from that i could probably easily make a simple GUI frontend.

The thing is, you have two choices for maintaining a remote sever. You can set up the server after starting the game.... very dicey... or, you can edit the server setup.xml.

A basic desktop app would be handy. Set the server peramatures, launch the game, good to go.

Slow

The thing is, you have two choices for maintaining a remote sever. You can set up the server after starting the game.... very dicey... or, you can edit the server setup.xml.

A basic desktop app would be handy. Set the server peramatures, launch the game, good to go.

Slow

Okay I can't figure out where the xml is that needs to be edited lol.

That's a really easy thing to do, xml editing, and following most of the stuff for GRAW anyways, it will use .NET 2.0 so I hope everyone can use it hehe.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Settings\servers

This would be typical. However, to generate a server file you have to start a server. Might have to start a dedi server, not sure. You should have a Server setup xml at that location.

Thank you for looking into this. It will be a big help.

Slow

soon the new tutorials for modding and importing objects and terrains and stuff will come and what will come in handy then is a frontend for atlasgen.exe ! its a commandline tool at the moment and may feel , I suspect, a bit too advanced for a new user, even to it really is simple!

I can provide you with the documentation for it if you want to do the frontend!

that would REALLY help the poor modders that wants to get their textures properly into the game.

frontend for atlasgen and bundler would be cool. and a better documentation than the -h would come in handy. looking forward to it (and the documentation on how to add .diesel files into the editor). keep up the good work, GRIN!