Reverse Spawn-Killing in DM

Well I jumped in and played some deathmatch on a couple servers. In one server it seemed like I could die instantly upon spawning (happened about 3 times per round which sucked with max deaths set to 5) AND in another server I had 5 to 10 seconds before I could get injured/killed. So this must be a server setting.

It's not a bad idea (to give spawners a few seconds of invulnerability) since people regularly spawn next to 'active' players, especially when there is more than 10 people in a server.

The issue here is that the person that spawns, gets to open up and wipe out any active player in sight and its not because the 'active' player wasn't behind cover. Once, I spawned, next to a wall and there was a car right in front of me. There was a player crouched behind cover, right behind the car (pretty much right in front of me). He was in a good tactical position, except for not taking into account that someone like me could unsuspectingly and silently spawn right behind him. Poor fella.

Getting those cheap kills was about as annoying as getting spawn killed...

Anyway, I am not here to gripe too much, but I would like to offer a SUGGESTION:

IF PLAYERS THAT SPAWN ARE NOT VULNERABLE FOR 5 TO 10 SECONDS THEN DURING THAT TIME OF INVULNERABLIITY THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SHOOT EITHER.

That is all. It sure would take the 'cheapness' out of spawn-killing and 'reverse spawn-killing'.

Well I jumped in and played some deathmatch on a couple servers. In one server it seemed like I could die instantly upon spawning (happened about 3 times per round which sucked with max deaths set to 5) AND in another server I had 5 to 10 seconds before I could get injured/killed. So this must be a server setting.

It's not a bad idea (to give spawners a few seconds of invulnerability) since people regularly spawn next to 'active' players, especially when there is more than 10 people in a server.

The issue here is that the person that spawns, gets to open up and wipe out any active player in sight and its not because the 'active' player wasn't behind cover. Once, I spawned, next to a wall and there was a car right in front of me. There was a player crouched behind cover, right behind the car (pretty much right in front of me). He was in a good tactical position, except for not taking into account that someone like me could unsuspectingly and silently spawn right behind him. Poor fella.

Getting those cheap kills was about as annoying as getting spawn killed...

Anyway, I am not here to gripe too much, but I would like to offer a SUGGESTION:

IF PLAYERS THAT SPAWN ARE NOT VULNERABLE FOR 5 TO 10 SECONDS THEN DURING THAT TIME OF INVULNERABLIITY THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SHOOT EITHER.

That is all. It sure would take the 'cheapness' out of spawn-killing and 'reverse spawn-killing'.

I agree with you. It needs some adjustment, it is easy for some people to get cheap kills, due to the map size there are a lot of people spawning behind or next to active players. It is a bit frustrating. I hope they can do something about it.

There isn't any way to completely stop the spawn killing if you're playing respawns. I don't remember any game every that completely stopped that. You can minimize things but usually people who insist on getting kills that way are going to adjust their gameplay to continue to play that way.

That is only a "good" idea if you also cannot fire during those seconds. But even then,

I personally still don't like the thought of having a team cornered and not being able to

take them out because they have invulnerability on. It's cheesy. If you are cornered in

your spawn you've already lost anyway, might as well get it over with.

Besides that, if you are getting spawn-killed, it's your own stupid mistake for not

defending it properly.

Edited by CkZWarlord

That is only a "good" idea if you also cannot fire during those seconds. But even then,

I personally still don't like the thought of having a team cornered and not being able to

take them out because they have invulnerability on. It's cheesy. If you are cornered in

your spawn you've already lost anyway, might as well get it over with.

Besides that, if you are getting spawn-killed, it's your own stupid mistake for not

defending it properly.

Well I would agree with you if this topic were about DOM mode (or any other team mode) but...

Please read the topic. I am referring to DM (DeathMatch, aka: All vs. All ) only. I am not talking about any team modes. So it is not MY STUPID MISTAKE here... I am just saying that if there is a period of invulnerability for an individual that respawns at a random point, just make it so they can not shoot during that period of invulnerability as well.

Edited by Prolific

There isn't any way to completely stop the spawn killing if you're playing respawns. I don't remember any game every that completely stopped that. You can minimize things but usually people who insist on getting kills that way are going to adjust their gameplay to continue to play that way.

NO SENSORS 5 MIN NO RESP!!111!!!

there is in fact a solution i've seen implemented in another game that worked pretty well against spawn camping. in Soldner, for the first few seconds your character was wrapped into a light blue transparent texture which produced kinda of a glowing effect. this would really help in GRAW.

let the new respawners shoot during the invulnerability, but make a way to tell whether they're still god mode or not.