Is the DLC a Fair Value?

I have been playing on xbox live from the begining played all the ghosts and rainbows. they put graw out with only 10 maps and limited options and then expect us to fork over another 15 bucks for stuff that should have shiped in the first place i don't think so. that is so wrong. if we stand together and say screw you and don't get the dlc maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee and make better games. this is an outrage to gamers and i won't give them jack didly ######. like to see some good coments about this. just say no on the dlc and see what happens.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know. If you don't want it don't get it, but the content is well worth the meesly points. The new maps are done incredibly well, the re-lit maps are much better than hoped for, the guns are great, ........

If you don't get it you're missing out on the best part of GRAW yet!!! to each his own i guess, but no need to complain about the cost of something that is worth it

ya know. If you don't want it don't get it, but the content is well worth the meesly points. The new maps are done incredibly well, the re-lit maps are much better than hoped for, the guns are great, ........

If you don't get it you're missing out on the best part of GRAW yet!!! to each his own i guess, but no need to complain about the cost of something that is worth it

I second what monkey here said. You guys need to get off your high horse stop telling the developers of games what a game SHOULD be and start either falling in line with the way it's going to be, you're not going to hurt these guys by not buying it, too many people already have and too many will in the future, you're not going to change the way games are moving. DLC is the future. . .get over that or, as a friend of mine has stated in the past, games like monopoly and the game of life may be just for you.

Edited by MasterKain2053

I have been playing on xbox live from the begining played all the ghosts and rainbows. they put graw out with only 10 maps and limited options

... limited options? You gotta be kidding me, that game is loaded with options :blink:

I have been playing on xbox live from the begining played all the ghosts and rainbows. they put graw out with only 10 maps and limited options and then expect us to fork over another 15 bucks for stuff that should have shiped in the first place i don't think so. that is so wrong. if we stand together and say screw you and don't get the dlc maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee and make better games. this is an outrage to gamers and i won't give them jack didly ######. like to see some good coments about this. just say no on the dlc and see what happens.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

Only ten maps and limited options. Gee, and I thought that the console crowd couldn't get more spoiled. Try 5 maps and one game type with the original PC GR:AW release. You should be grateful that you have a publisher that gives a damn about your version. The favorite saying over at Ubi: "###### the PC gamers, we make more money off the console kiddies." Gotta love it. You guys are also getting 5 new weapons. That's how many the PC version has total (without attachments, of course).

I'm not attacking you at all, I'm just bitter towards Ubi. Never buying another game from that publisher again, GR:AW will be my final purchase (thank God that Crytek went to EA publishing- even though they aren't too much better).

Back on topic, the DLC sounds a lot like the booster packs from BF:2. Players complained that this new content should be free, and in the case of Euro Forces, it should have been. 3 re-hashed maps with new skins and weapons. No real new content as was the case in the other pack: Armored Fury, which actually deserved some financial compensation.

Edit: Replaced "A lot of" with 3. Because, on second thought, 3 isn't a lot

Edited by Hacksaww

if you recall. when summit stike came out. it was just an extended version of ghostrecon 2 w/ new maps, weapons, camo, and play types. but the game engine and mechanic stayed the same. and it cost $30. so $15, is not that bad if you ask me.

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

I think you will see this type of thinking until people get used to the idea of buying DLC online. For some reason I think the thought of downloading something to some people means it should be free. IT's a new world of distribution we live in now.

Now, if the original game lacked sufficient content to justify the price, then a publisher tried to pawn off content that should have been there in the forst place as fee based DLC then I would be ######. Fortunately, GR:AW 360 was a super package up front and provided it's monie's worth by itself.

Just my .02 cents.

-John

EDIT - Wow it sensored "P O ' d" :P

Edited by jsonedecker

if you recall. when summit stike came out. it was just an extended version of ghostrecon 2 w/ new maps, weapons, camo, and play types. but the game engine and mechanic stayed the same. and it cost $30. so $15, is not that bad if you ask me.

Lets see - a complete SP Campaign that could also be played in Coop Mode. 15 + MP maps, new game types and I don't know how many weapons and camo's ... not too mention subsequent FREE DLC ... so your $30 investment brought significantly more than twice the content of the GRAW DLC.

you know what? your right. i forgot how much that game came with. i ended up trading both gr2 & gr2:ss for graw. and i never played either of them after the 360 came out. but this is what it boils down to. ubi/microsoft could've charged $50 and people would still pay it. because you always have to account for these little kids that play games like these who's parents will shell out almost any amount of cash just to keep junior happy(busy)!

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

Agreed - I fear that the success of GRAW at launch and the DLC at $15 will lead to including less MP content at launch and and more frequent (say every 2months) release of $15 DLC ...why inlcude more than 6 - 8 maps at launch when you can get a significantly higher profit margin charging selling bundles of 4 for $15?

Hopefully competition from other games will force more content to be included and/or lower DLC prices .. .but I don't believe we will see that occur for quite a while yet.

definitely the best maps for graw now. i love the open freeform maps.

I think you will see this type of thinking until people get used to the idea of buying DLC online. For some reason I think the thought of downloading something to some people means it should be free. IT's a new world of distribution we live in now.

Now, if the original game lacked sufficient content to justify the price, then a publisher tried to pawn off content that should have been there in the forst place as fee based DLC then I would be ######. Fortunately, GR:AW 360 was a super package up front and provided it's monie's worth by itself.

Just my .02 cents.

-John

EDIT - Wow it sensored "P O ' d" :P

i agree with ya john,..... for everyone complaining about your 360, dlc, graw and whatever else out there, please give your game system and games to a local childrens home or orphanage. If you cant afford an OPTIONAL 15 dollars DLC then your cant afford the nex gen of games. they will be getting expensive this gen. Go give your system away and read some books. i understand and appreciate contructive comments regarding price and what not. but people are making it out like the dlc was a months rent and that they were forced to buy it.

but the original poster is right, the price of the DLC is 25% cost of the original game, yet you get maybe 5-10% worth of content compared to the original game.

i like the new DLC but noone can deny that it is overpriced and i think they only got away with it this time because summer is a quiet time for games and there isnt much in the way of anticipated titles coming out and there isnt much other DLC available either. In future they will have to drop the price somewhat or make sure there is more content in the game to bein with otherwise a lot of people will just say no thanks and go buy gears of war, halo3 , forza 2, GTA4, sonic etc etc instead.

and NYR is right think of the pc gamers that got given a completely unfinished game with 5 maps and one game mode and ###### poor peformance on most systems. yes they will get more stuff added for free but i suspect by the time the updating has finished the PC version will still be inferior to the 360 version in terms of content and completion.

and it is an aggressive strategy by ubi, they know there are many people (like me and my 3 friends that own 360 graw) that will probably end up feeling forced into buying chapter 2 just because so many of the people hosting larger games have it and ther arent enough quality places to play with chapter 1.

EDIT

For the purpose of comparrison Perfect dark zero got 4 new maps and bots added for 500 points, i think this was a much better deal in terms of cost because yes GRAW got relit maps and new character heads (lol) but the relit maps really dont warrant doubling the price by themselves, yes they are really cool to play but the production costs werent great enough to warrant that much of a price increase.

if the DLC had some new SP stuff in it then id say it was a fair price to pay.

Edited by babydave