Ghost Recon.net Forums

Seems like all the whiners that won't buy are chatting up the forums. When it REALLY is in the US marketplace, and I get home from work, I will drop my $15 and continue to play hours upon hours of this high def goodness. Blind siege alone is worth it to me. :drool:

And all you flaming complainers... WAAAAAAAAA! :whistle:

I knew someone was gonna start to talk. But i understand why. Its not that im whining its just that it seems like alot of money to me. But I would probably buy it anyways if i had live. I dont know what exactly blind seige is cause i never play that type of game. Care to clear it up and maybe that alone would be worth it.

Nice Sig by the way. Where did you get the concept art in the sig?

Blind siege in GR2:SumStr had approximately 5 locations around each map. D would be randomly placed in one of the 5 and O would be in one of the remaining 4. It gives each map 20 variations of O & D for siege and you need a better Defense if you don't know where the O is coming from.

I'm not sure how many positions will be available for this version.

Thanks for the props on the sig. I did an image search on google for "Ghost Recon" and put the sig together in PS and Image Ready.

Seems like all the whiners that won't buy are chatting up the forums. When it REALLY is in the US marketplace, and I get home from work, I will drop my $15 and continue to play hours upon hours of this high def goodness. Blind siege alone is worth it to me. :drool:

Blind seige should have been included before - was probably an oversight and RSE did not realize that it could not be reproduced with custom settings ... kind of like how capture all or scoring doesn't work on 3 or more zones.

I am glad you feel so good about dropping $15 for content that should have been in the game to begin with ... would you pay $20 ... $25 for the same content?

$15 is 1/4 the cost of the full game ... think about that for a minute. Did this content take 25% of the resources used to develop the SP campaign (some 15 missions and maps), 10 MP maps, 4 coop missions, 20 + weapons and how ever many camo's and faces? Not to mention The marketing packaging and distribution costs of the launch title....

I don't see the value and won't be buying it. If that's a flame .. well then ... welcome to the BBQ.

The way I see it, I could buy lunch, or 2 beers... or get hundreds of hours of game time and enjoyment. This is my hobby and I enjoy playing. You have your priorities and I respect that. But its $15. if that breaks your bank, you can download UNO for $5. Its a good game too.

well if it ever downloads i will give you my thoughts. so far my first impression of the DLC is not good.......because it has been downloading for 2 hours and is on 6 percent. ....yes i said 6 percent boo microsoft. get your stuff together

So many people tried to DL it that it crashed out the servers. I woke up at 8am and it took 15 minutes to DL the whole package. I'm glad to see that NOBODY wanted to pay this much. It amazes me that the three of us who did crashed out the M$ servers ;)

Sorry....my crying towel is dirty right now or I'd offer it to you whining cry babies! $15???? I spend more than that on beer and condoms in a week. I can't say that this would be more enjoyable than the beer and condoms, but it will sure last longer! :rofl:

When you slide the condom over your beer can, does it keep it cooler longer? :rofl:

I knew someone was gonna start to talk. But i understand why. Its not that im whining its just that it seems like alot of money to me. But I would probably buy it anyways if i had live. I dont know what exactly blind seige is cause i never play that type of game. Care to clear it up and maybe that alone would be worth it.

Nice Sig by the way. Where did you get the concept art in the sig?

Blind siege in GR2:SumStr had approximately 5 locations around each map. D would be randomly placed in one of the 5 and O would be in one of the remaining 4. It gives each map 20 variations of O & D for siege and you need a better Defense if you don't know where the O is coming from.

I'm not sure how many positions will be available for this version.

Thanks for the props on the sig. I did an image search on google for "Ghost Recon" and put the sig together in PS and Image Ready.

Sorry....my crying towel is dirty right now or I'd offer it to you whining cry babies! $15???? I spend more than that on beer and condoms in a week. I can't say that this would be more enjoyable than the beer and condoms, but it will sure last longer! :rofl:

When you slide the condom over your beer can, does it keep it cooler longer? :rofl:

HAHAHAHAH

Blind Seige does sound cool.... Just got to find a way to get the DLC

Edited by ghost627

Ubisoft already has plenty of my money.

No way I'm droping another $15 for this weak amount of content.

PC version is getting free content, so I'll stick to my priorities.

I could justify 5-8 dollars. But that is rediculous.

Especially being a big GR fan. It's really a slap in the face to the comsumers.

I'm pretty sure them not having my $15 isn't going to hurt them as much, but I won't let them slap me around with their overpriced content.

The small amount of people who bought it, have fun playing with your small group. I'm sure that the majority rests in the original GRAW 360 content :).

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

I'm pretty sure them not having my $15 isn't going to hurt them as much, but I won't let them slap me around with their overpriced content.

The small amount of people who bought it, have fun playing with your small group. I'm sure that the majority rests in the original GRAW 360 content :).

Small Group huh??? Hmm...I guess that's why it took forever to download the thing overnight....... :blink:

Small Group huh??? Hmm...I guess that's why it took forever to download the thing overnight....... :blink:

Umm, isn't anything slow when you download it from the marketplace?

;)

Many people are downloading other things as well...

There really is nothing to stop any and all developers from taking this sales tact to be honest other than us as consumers. Microsoft has provided them a low cost mass distribution platform which is just sitting there waiting to be exploited.

I'm not too worried about this, as there's nothing to stop any and all consumers from not buying the DLCs. If nobody downloads the DLC, this idea will die quick. If they get a 100K+ downloads at $15 a pop, you will bet we'll see DLC#2. ;) The platform can be exploited, but no consumer is being exploited.

On a side note the whole Canadian pricing thing boggles my mind. How can they justify charging 20 bucks more up there now that the canadian dollar is next to even with the US dollar. Boggles my mind.

This I totally agree with 100%. Canadians are being taken for a ride paying more for books, games, etc. as retailers are taking their sweet time to adjust the costs. Case in point is 1250 points cost $20 Cdn at Best Buy when it US$15 = Cdn$16.85. Now that's being ripped off! ;)