DLC is OUT!

methz68

its out well nealry check out www.ghostrecon.com/uk

So is it good..... and how much is 1200 points? I hope it comes OUT ON OXM OR A DISC FOR SALE *COUGH* *UBI/REDSTORM* *COUGH*

its around £10.00 I think its a fair price, i am just on the marketplace waiting to snatch it.

So is it good..... and how much is 1200 points? I hope it comes OUT ON OXM OR A DISC FOR SALE *COUGH* *UBI/REDSTORM* *COUGH*

I believe it comes out to $15 with alittle bit of change back.

I heard 15 on the ubi forums. Thats a good chunk of change. Almost as much as GR2 in stores.

the conversion for currencies is done when you buy the pts - A US Dollar buys 80. A Yen buys .67. A pound buys 120. A Euro buys about 67.

$15 US - no change. My 1200 pts will be going elsewhere.

So for the initial $60 plus another $15 we get less MP content than Summit Strike had (remember you could play the entire SP Campaign Coop...) .... which cost $30. Even throw in the cost of GR2 which was about $45 you got 2 complete games with a tom more MP content.

I would have considered 400 pts ($5 US) but not this.

here is the Gamespot announcement - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tom...tml?sid=6153046

the conversion for currencies is done when you buy the pts - A US Dollar buys 80. A Yen buys .67. A pound buys 120. A Euro buys about 67.

$15 US - no change. My 1200 pts will be going elsewhere.

So for the initial $60 plus another $15 we get less MP content than Summit Strike had (remember you could play the entire SP Campaign Coop...) .... which cost $30. Even throw in the cost of GR2 which was about $45 you got 2 complete games with a tom more MP content.

I would have considered 400 pts ($5 US) but not this.

here is the Gamespot announcement - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tom...tml?sid=6153046

That is alot of change. I wouldnt buy it if i had live. I think it might go down later but ouch. Seriously Buyin GR2 or SS will cost you as much and you get way more.Heres hoping for a change from microsoft for you guys. And heres hopin for OXM

Seems like all the whiners that won't buy are chatting up the forums. When it REALLY is in the US marketplace, and I get home from work, I will drop my $15 and continue to play hours upon hours of this high def goodness. Blind siege alone is worth it to me. :drool:

And all you flaming complainers... WAAAAAAAAA! :whistle:

Edited by beonder13

I normally don't post anything let alone negative stuff but with this I need to chime in.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that this came out at the $15 mark. In looking at what we're getting here with a small quantity of actual new maps vs just existing maps relit, some cammo that doesnt do much of anything, a few new guns, 4 coop missions and 2 game types it just seems excessive for that. Tie that to the fact that we only got 10 maps, which is extremely low, at launch and still got charged 60 bucks for it is nuts. To think they're essentially asking $75 for 14 maps 8 coop missions is nuts. This should've been out with the launch plain and simple or been at the $5 mark now. They have absolutely no distribution costs with this now that its pushed out over live. No disc stamping, now box media, shipping..NOTHING!

As a long time GR fan since day one of original xbox I've spent the most money on this franchise and have always been glad to pay it because of the product received in return. This though, has definitely come off bad to me as a dedicated consumer.

I haven't decided yet whether I'll buy this - I had been sure, but the more I think about it the madder I get. Wingshot is exactly right about how this doesn't represent nearly the value that GR2 and SS did. This should have been a free or cheap download.

I don't know whether I'm down with a boycott, but those who are taking part in one shouldn't be called cheap or crybabies (even though I jokingly called Wing a cheapskate earlier. :) ). They're voting with their wallets.

jb

Tie that to the fact that we only got 10 maps, which is extremely low, at launch and still got charged 60 bucks for it is nuts.

Did you not get the solo campaign or the MP campaign on your disc? I thought that was on all of them. I must have gotten a special edition disc for the 360 and didn't realize it. I also had a ton of options and game types although I mainly play siege and sharpshooter. But my disc had flag capture, LMS, and recon as well a slew of other game types.

That sucks that you only got the ten maps. You should return the disc for the special edition one that the rest of us have.

Edited by beonder13

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no warranty cost associated with this .. in fact there is no return policy at all. So if it is a bit ... buggy shall we say ... you can't take it back.

Warranty costs (I know a numbe rof people that have turned in GRAW disks for new ones due to the game freezing) are a part of the costs of a product. So on top of Osok's points on the lack of significant packaginf and distribution costs there is no warranty costs either.

I am more than happy to pay a fair price for content - I don't think this is a fair price.

As Jerri Blank knows I am a hardcore GR fan. Up until recently I was on GRAW most every weeknight. I am an admin of a Ghost Recon based clan and have hosted many games ... not buying the DLC will probably hurt me more than UBI but it is the only tolerable option at this point. Maybe it will come down in price by the holidays ....

Seems like all the whiners that won't buy are chatting up the forums. When it REALLY is in the US marketplace, and I get home from work, I will drop my $15 and continue to play hours upon hours of this high def goodness. Blind siege alone is worth it to me. :drool:

I knew someone was gonna start to talk. But i understand why. Its not that im whining its just that it seems like alot of money to me. But I would probably buy it anyways if i had live. I dont know what exactly blind seige is cause i never play that type of game. Care to clear it up and maybe that alone would be worth it.

Nice Sig by the way. Where did you get the concept art in the sig?

I am more than happy to pay a fair price for content - I don't think this is a fair price.

I agree. The marketplace is a great way to extend your game experience with new content for a fair price if necessary. I haven't seen the content personally yet but my first impression says: not worth it, to expensive. The only things I'm mostly interested in are new maps and maybe some new game modes but I'm definately not going to pay 15$ for 4 new maps and correct me if I'm wrong some exactly identical ones only in a night or day time version.

Take any other recon game for example as far as I know they all had more maps available for MP, this game just felt a bit unfinished from the beginning and now they're trying to earn extra money from something that should've been on the disc from the beginning.

Me being mostly a console gamer always hated the console vs pc discussions but how can I justify this: GRAW 360 $59.99/GRAW pc $43.98 (from amazon), GRAW 360 patches so far 0/ GRAW pc patches so far 3, GRAW 360 content 15$/GRAW pc content 0.00$, and I can ad a few more pro pc ones but they would be personal opinions so I won't.

Would it be 8 totally new maps I would've done it but imo this is like a bag of chips: looks big but contains mostly air...

Blind seige should have been included before - was probably an oversight and RSE did not realize that it could not be reproduced with custom settings ... kind of like how capture all or scoring doesn't work on 3 or more zones.

I am glad you feel so good about dropping $15 for content that should have been in the game to begin with ... would you pay $20 ... $25 for the same content?

$15 is 1/4 the cost of the full game ... think about that for a minute. Did this content take 25% of the resources used to develop the SP campaign (some 15 missions and maps), 10 MP maps, 4 coop missions, 20 + weapons and how ever many camo's and faces? Not to mention The marketing packaging and distribution costs of the launch title....

I don't see the value and won't be buying it. If that's a flame .. well then ... welcome to the BBQ.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no warranty cost associated with this .. in fact there is no return policy at all. So if it is a bit ... buggy shall we say ... you can't take it back.

Warranty costs (I know a numbe rof people that have turned in GRAW disks for new ones due to the game freezing) are a part of the costs of a product. So on top of Osok's points on the lack of significant packaginf and distribution costs there is no warranty costs either.

As Jerri Blank knows I am a hardcore GR fan. Up until recently I was on GRAW most every weeknight. I am an admin of a Ghost Recon based clan and have hosted many games ... not buying the DLC will probably hurt me more than UBI but it is the only tolerable option at this point. Maybe it will come down in price by the holidays ....

well never thought i would have been agreeing with you on this price issue wingshot, but dam, i have to. 1200 points is a bit more than i expected. i was hoping for about 900 points.

Opsix - maybe the "Team Battle" mode addresses the inability to play ranked games as a team .. if so let me know and I will get the DLC ;)

$5 (400 pts) and I would be watching the DL meter with the rest of you. I just can't see paying 25% of the cost of the retail game for some limited new content.

But I hope it is great stuff and you all enjoy it - I will eagerly await your comments on th emaps and "Team Battle" ... until then I will be hosting GRAW old school rooms I guess....

well if it ever downloads i will give you my thoughts. so far my first impression of the DLC is not good.......because it has been downloading for 2 hours and is on 6 percent. ....yes i said 6 percent boo microsoft. get your stuff together

I was getting 1% every 8 mins.. but its stopped now and its at 26% and has been for ages. even restarted and still no improvement. i just hope tomorrow will be better. at this rate i wont be playing until saturday.

I am glad you feel so good about dropping $15 for content that should have been in the game to begin with ... would you pay $20 ... $25 for the same content?

$15 is 1/4 the cost of the full game ... think about that for a minute. Did this content take 25% of the resources used to develop the SP campaign (some 15 missions and maps), 10 MP maps, 4 coop missions, 20 + weapons and how ever many camo's and faces? Not to mention The marketing packaging and distribution costs of the launch title....

I don't see the value and won't be buying it. If that's a flame .. well then ... welcome to the BBQ.

Well, it would cost most families more than $15 to have a decent BBQ/eat out, and then the food is gone after one meal, while the DLC stays on your HD for as long as you want ;)

Totally up to you whether you pay for the DLC or not, and you are welcome to your opinion. But I'm guessing most people who could even afford an Xbox 360 + GRAW + Xbox Live subscription +/- HDTV won't bat an eyelash at paying $15 for the DLC.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of GRAW gamers on Xbox Live have the DLC after the next 6 months. Then we will know if the majority thinks it costs too much or not.

For all those ppl who said all these gametypes/maps etc. should have been on the original disc in the first place, perhaps there is a chance it might not fit on one disc? Also, it would have delayed GRAW's release by months because of time taken for development and testing. Some people here talk like retexturing and relighting maps is something that can be done overnight :rolleyes:

Good content takes time, money, and talent to produce. Developers have families to feed. I'm sure Ubi thought a long time about the price point. (PC gamers are complaining about $10 for the BF2 booster packs which don't contain half as much content) I don't know how much movies cost in the States these days, but I'm guessing you'll get more hours of enjoyment out of $15 spent on the DLC than watching 2-3 movies this summer.

It's not the absolute $'s that is a rip off but the value you are getting - the original game shipped with 10 f'n small MP maps ... at $60 now they want 25% of the purchase price of a new release for content that barely brings the MP side up to par.

As for the actual impact of $15 on my wallet ... the wine and boubon I buy costs 2x that for a bottle. But IMO the value is there - this is just a ripoff.

One other issue I have with this is I fear actually that developers such as RSE are now in a position to abuse the marketplace and take advantage of the consumer.

I can't help but think that this content as it stands for this latest DLC could've just as easily been complete at launch. All it takes is one marketing/sales guy to say hey...we were going to release this game with 14 maps lets hold back some of the content knowing we can get another 10-15 bucks a consumer out of this. You figure 200,000 folks buy it at 60 bucks US or worse 75-80 canadian, then even if they get half of that 200,000 to fork out another 15 bucks for DLC they're way further ahead then they'd be by just releasing it all at launch.

There really is nothing to stop any and all developers from taking this sales tact to be honest other than us as consumers. Microsoft has provided them a low cost mass distribution platform which is just sitting there waiting to be exploited.

On a side note the whole Canadian pricing thing boggles my mind. How can they justify charging 20 bucks more up there now that the canadian dollar is next to even with the US dollar. Boggles my mind.