Please tell me why multiplayer...(serious topic)

Johnz0r

Can someone please tell me why or how this interface/pre-game multiplayer setup is acceptable? I know there have probably been many posts on this topic, but I am hoping the devs realize that for a next-gen game, this is pretty ridiculous. For one, it takes about 30 mins to get into a game w/ all the kicks and finding a server/refreshing etc. Then when you do get into a Ranked match you have to leave after it is over. Now, this would be fine if you could atleast form parties for you and your friends. Why can't you model your online interface off of Halo 2's?

I mean... seriously. Ranked matches are BS. You get kicked if you aren't high enough. Then you have to go through the whole find a server process and your friends have to do the same. That makes no sense at all.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to implement parties or an auto matchmaking type system? I love the game, but I hate spending as much time in the menus as I do playing.

One more thing.... What in the hell is the logical reasoning behind not even letting you watch the current game being played when you join a room that has started the game already. "don't join them then" is not an answer to that question.

I am not trying to be a ######, I am just really frustrated with trying to play a game that takes so long before you start playing/can't easily play with friends/kicks you after ranked (without auto matchmaking)/won't let you watch the current match.

Maybe this is just me but I never spend more than 2 minutes finding a server and connecting NEVER. sometimes load times are a little long. My computer isn't that superb either and don't ask for specs cause I don't know where to find any of it.

I don't know how the PC version works. I am talking about Xbox live

Maybe this is just me but I never spend more than 2 minutes finding a server and connecting NEVER. sometimes load times are a little long. My computer isn't that superb either and don't ask for specs cause I don't know where to find any of it.

I don't know how the PC version works. I am talking about Xbox live

oh ok well then i would probably feel your pain as well

i think its a problem with live in general, i have the same issue with Perfect dark, regular kicking/dropping and when you search for a game but dont joib you have to go through the whole process of searching again, nowhere near as good as a PC. They could make it a lot easier.

I know their might not be too many halo 2 fans on these forums but their method of setting up ranked matches is far more user friendly. Consider GRAW. you search and search for a game that hasnt started it yet. if and when you join a lobby you will meet guys who stack against you in their favour. You then have a choice to play and lose or leave and try and find another game which will take another 10 or 15 mins. Whereas with halo 2 its a simple search , find, configure, start method ,where you will be automatically ranked against a gamer in and around the same rank as you which takes all of it 2 mins. I myself cant understand why many devlopers havnt picked up on this. The Halo 2 party system is perfect for consoles where as the lobby system is far more suited for PC.

I know their might not be too many halo 2 fans on these forums but their method of setting up ranked matches is far more user friendly. Consider GRAW. you search and search for a game that hasnt started it yet. if and when you join a lobby you will meet guys who stack against you in their favour. You then have a choice to play and lose or leave and try and find another game which will take another 10 or 15 mins. Whereas with halo 2 its a simple search , find, configure, start method ,where you will be automatically ranked against a gamer in and around the same rank as you which takes all of it 2 mins. I myself cant understand why many devlopers havnt picked up on this. The Halo 2 party system is perfect for consoles where as the lobby system is far more suited for PC.

Honestly, I was never much for the halo2 lobby. In fact, I never cared much for the game itself.

Ive always liked the GR lobbies over any other lobby out there. :o=

You can keep your "Halo 2 party system"

Honestly, I was never much for the halo2 lobby. In fact, I never cared much for the game itself.

I agree, the Halo system would be better. To be able to join friends and stick with them works.

I too would like to be able to watch games in progress.

I dont know how difficult it would be but certainly it would be nice if it was considered at least. The Halo Lobby system is the most user friendly I have ever seen, surely the 360 can do better?

On a side note, is it right that I now cannot join friends who have not bought the update? Someone wasnt watching the ball very well there if it is true.

I agree, the Halo system would be better. To be able to join friends and stick with them works.

I too would like to be able to watch games in progress.

I dont know how difficult it would be but certainly it would be nice if it was considered at least. The Halo Lobby system is the most user friendly I have ever seen, surely the 360 can do better?

On a side note, is it right that I now cannot join friends who have not bought the update? Someone wasnt watching the ball very well there if it is true.

UBI/REDSTORM :: DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE HALO2 PARTY JUNKIES.

Your current lobby system is fine. Just fix the Blind Siege insertion swap problem. Thanks

Ok I can see why you prefer the Redstorm lobby system. It works for unranked matched. and its great to just go online find a game and play a few games with the same bunch of guys( and gals) and play just for fun.But the ranked system does not work. and the party system is a better format. I am a fan of halo but im also a huge fan of the GR series.

Edited by Calgar99

Ok I can see why you prefer the Redstorm lobby system. It works for unranked matched. and its great to just go online find a game and play a few games with the same bunch of guys( and gals) and play just for fun.But the ranked system does not work. and the party system is a better format. I am a fan of halo but im also a huge fan of the GR series.

^^Agreed :grin1:

you can still play with your friends without DLC but the ones without DLC will have to host.

Thanks very much. I retract part of my previous statement, your eye was not taken off the ball, mr techno-incompetent strikes again.

Oh and I'm not a Halo Junkie nor am I dissing GR, I love the co-op play and the game in general even though I'm not really that good at it. But, even given all those circumstances the user friendliness of the Halo system cannot be doubted.

However I will accept that in GRAW I have not played loads of online other than co-op so for now I will hold fire on a final opinion and give it a proper chance to impress for a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for the info.....

I second that motion!

ranked party system!

same player match system with fix for list loading time & sort out the random kicks!