Ghost Recon.net Forums

Game Crashes on dual core system

The game now (with 1.16) crashes with Dual Core CPUs. It starts and then crashes back to desktop during the ubi intro. Forcing affinity to one core does it. But I couldn't get to force it with either "imagecfg" application or windows task manager. Had to force it with another application you don't wanna hear about.

The game used to start with both cores enabled before 1.16.

Edited by Colin

The game now (with 1.16) crashes with Dual Core CPUs. It starts and then crashes back to desktop during the ubi intro. Forcing affinity to one core does it. But I couldn't get to force it with either "imagecfg" application or windows task manager. Had to force it with another application you don't wanna hear about.

The game used to start with both cores enabled before 1.16.

One of our members has a dual core P4... doesn't crash at all, both cores enabled.

• 6 months later...

ok, i got dual core AM2 4200+ and the game crashes on startup.

I get the square box that says ghost recon advanced warfigher, then the screen goes black, then it shows a mouse cursor that i can move around. Then it just crashes back to desktop. Tries to load, but i get no sound, no video other than a mouse curser that is a bit blocky coz of the default resolution i guess.

This game is brand new and i havent been able to play it. I could play the demo fine on this pc, now the full game wont work. its weird. Game has latest patch, doesnt work with clean install. or with 1.35 patch.

i have done the openal install thing someone suggested, and i uninstalled AVG coz i thought that might be the problem. Latest video card drivers installed, mobo bios. Everything but the soundcard drivers, coz when i download the latest ones from creative, they install, but i cant use my soundcard at all.

Config works perfectly with all my other games, most of latest games too.

System specs are

AM2 4200+ Dual Core

M2N-Sli Delux motherboard

Xpert Vision Geforce 6200TC

2048 2 x 1gb sticks of DDR2 667mhz ram

160gb SATA HD

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Sound Card (onboard HD Audio Disabled)

22" Viewsonic Widescreen 16:10 Display @ 1680x1050

i recently sold my 7600GT on ebay to buy a new 8800GTS but i dont have it yet,

not even sure if this graphics card will play the game, but i thought it should at least load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ok, i got dual core AM2 4200+ and the game crashes on startup.

I get the square box that says ghost recon advanced warfigher, then the screen goes black, then it shows a mouse cursor that i can move around. Then it just crashes back to desktop. Tries to load, but i get no sound, no video other than a mouse curser that is a bit blocky coz of the default resolution i guess.

This game is brand new and i havent been able to play it. I could play the demo fine on this pc, now the full game wont work. its weird. Game has latest patch, doesnt work with clean install. or with 1.35 patch.

i have done the openal install thing someone suggested, and i uninstalled AVG coz i thought that might be the problem. Latest video card drivers installed, mobo bios. Everything but the soundcard drivers, coz when i download the latest ones from creative, they install, but i cant use my soundcard at all.

Config works perfectly with all my other games, most of latest games too.

System specs are

AM2 4200+ Dual Core

M2N-Sli Delux motherboard

Xpert Vision Geforce 6200TC

2048 2 x 1gb sticks of DDR2 667mhz ram

160gb SATA HD

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Sound Card (onboard HD Audio Disabled)

22" Viewsonic Widescreen 16:10 Display @ 1680x1050

i recently sold my 7600GT on ebay to buy a new 8800GTS but i dont have it yet,

not even sure if this graphics card will play the game, but i thought it should at least load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Most likely it's the card. The 6200 TC doesn't really have much onboard video ram. Instead it steals from your system memory and "auto adjusts" which doesn't seem to like games much. I have seen many of the TC card users post your same issue.

I have never had much luck with creative until Xfi came out, I used Maudio before I upgraded to Creative Xfi.

If you check the creative forums you can see many problems relating to Audigy and drivers.

I expect its like a lot of software hardware, some people have no problems, others have loads.

I have had an Xfi for a year now and no problems at all.